shape
carat
color
clarity

X-MAS proposal in New York City

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phiphika1453

Rough_Rock
Here''s my story,

One day my GF and I were discussing places we wanted to visit for vactions once we were established financially. I mentioned that i wanted to go to New York for Christmas one year, (i live in arkansas so never had snow for my X-MAS). So for our three year aniversary she surprised me with a 6 day 5 night trip to NYC. We will be going to the rockets, seeing Lion King on Broadway and doing many other things. She also mentioned that we will go ice skating in rockefeller plaza around the X-MAS tree. For my proposal I plan to fake a fall while we are skating and then pull the ring out while i am acting like i am getting up. Once i have the ring in my hand i will get on one knee then ask the question.

How does it sound? I am open to addtions to the proposal, I would be willing to do anything to make it better. let me know.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I have seen that done. Very sweet. If you fake the fall, you should do it in the center of the ice. I am sure she will be totally surprised. Also, there are tons of people near by to take the picture.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
very cute idea.
36.gif

just...ummm, don''t hurt yourself!
21.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful!! One of my best friends was proposed to at Rockafeller Center right by the Christmas tree. One thing her husband did was arrange for a friend of theirs to be hiding nearby with a camera. Hmm.....you''ll be visiting, so you might have to slip a disposable camera and a tip to a trustworthy rink attendant, but how great to get the actual down on one knee moment on film!

I live in the city and am in the theatre industry, so please PM me if you have any questions about other stuff for you guys to do while you''re here. I think it''s a GREAT idea!

tinkyy

Rough_Rock
We''re also in NYC, good luck!

My $.02: NYC probably no snow, but really really cold. If you want to see snow, a few miles north in new york state will do it.

As far as the rink goes, plan on several hours of waiting to get in, and you are limited to 1/2 hour or 45 minutes of skating time. It may not be the "perfect place" so rushed and crowded!! The rink attendants are crowd control traffic cops, get a disposable camera and ask them, they may be "look out" for you!! it is very crowded and you''ll need to be in the middle of the ice, but that''s going to be tough because that''s where all the show-off action is...

Very romantic and dramatic idea, but if it''s too crowded or the weather''s crummy and raining, consider an alternate site like closer to the tree (hey, look what i found, santa must have left it for you)...Also check out wollman skating rink in central park, or a horse-drawn carriage through central park--you hire them by the partial hour on 57th street,(expensive, probably about $50 for the time you''ll need)and if you tell the driver what you''re doing it''ll be more private, and you''ll still have pictures. Consider having your hotel make dinner reservations for you in advance so you''ll have somewhere to wisk your new fiancee to later!!

Now, WHERE is the RING and WHAT is it???!!!!
25.gif
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I agree--both on Wollman''s Rink and on wanting to see the ring. Share the bling!

:)

davelnel

Rough_Rock
Hey, i think your idea is awsome. I just found this site today and i registered and all but cant seem to find how to submit a posting. am i dumb? anyway if someone could let me know i would appriciate it, i want see what you all think about my proposal idea.

thanks
dave

mustang9

Rough_Rock
What if you skate, tell your girl to wait in the middle because you want a pic together, and you are going to ask the attendant to take it. Skate over to the attendant so that he can take your pictures. Tell him you are about to propose, and that you are going to fake a fall.(just so that the camera is ready to catch all the action)

This way on your way back to your girl, you can fake the fall, do the proposal, and get it all on film. She will think you just want a picture together on the ice, and that you just fell. She will never see it coming!!!

Also, as mentioned above, you may want to go to wollman rink in central park, it might be less crowded.

Good luck, and it sounds like it will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results