shape
carat
color
clarity

WWYD:Skinny tennis or VCA/Cartier delicate bracelet?

Skinny tennis bracelet, VCA/Cartier bracelet, convert AVR necklace

• Skinny tennis bracelet

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • VCA sweet in white gold

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Cartier mini love in white gold

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Put AVR into a bezel bracelet and get a new necklace.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone:

I'm having an itch on my left arm. My VCA butterfly is feeling lonely, and would like to find another delicate piece that I would stack with. I'm very bad with bracelets. Once I put them on, they stay on forever. Even though my VCA is turquoise and white gold, and there is all kinds of stuff I shouldn't be doing with it, I do anyway. So I would like a piece that is more durable, preferably gold or diamond.

I would like to stick with white gold b/c I'm matchy matchy that way. My ering is platinum and I want to stay with the same metal color.
I want the piece to be on the delicate side. I tried wearing my almost 5 carat tennis bracelet with it, and it is quite overwhelming to me.

In my mind's eye, I can see another VCA piece, small and delicate, that would be comparable in scale to my butterfly so it complements rather than competes, or MAYBE another tennis bracelet, but a very skinny one.

So here are the contenders. I think price wise they are close.

I am borrowing my mom's skinny tennis to test out for a day or two. There is a local B&M whose tennis bracelets I like a lot. Initially, I think would prefer not to have too much diamond bling on this hand because I like my ering to be the star. But I have to admit a skinny line of bling is pretty.

I don't have a pic of this VCA piece on me, cause they are out of stock. $3000 This is pricey b/c it's got diamonds. It's the only bracelet with a sweet motif in white gold. I would seldom take this off.
vca_sweet_white_gold.png

Or maybe this from Cartier, my cheapest option. Honestly this isn't as pretty in the case but it is quite lovely and delicate on.

Lastly I admit that as pretty as my AVR necklace is, I am bugged a little by having all these circles around my face. I have round studs, round ering, round everything. Maybe I stick the AVR into a bezeled bracelet and then get a sweet motif for my necklace or the Cartier orchid which I have always found to be so pretty.

_4099.jpeg

_4100.jpeg

_4101.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the butterfly with the skinny tennis bracelet, BUT I'm voting no; the reason being you have a 5ct tennis bracelet on the other wrist. You'd look at the two (albeit on different arms) and you'd feel that the skinny is too insubstantial; that'd be my bet.

I'm going with another option, one that's not on your list: another VCA one-motif bracelet, maybe not the diamond version b/c that IS quite pricey just for 1 piece. I love those little one-motif bracelets stacked together. :love: :love:

ETA: I wouldn't bezel the AVR and buy yet another necklace. I think, if you don't mind my saying, you're doing something b/c you want to do SOMETHING. I've suffered from this in the past, far too many times. Just leave your necklace for the time being. Focus on the new bracelet. Don't waste money just for the sake of doing something.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1465618872|4042892 said:
I like the butterfly with the skinny tennis bracelet, BUT I'm voting no; the reason being you have a 5ct tennis bracelet on the other wrist. You'd look at the two (albeit on different arms) and you'd feel that the skinny is too insubstantial; that'd be my bet.

I'm going with another option, one that's not on your list: another VCA one-motif bracelet, maybe not the diamond version b/c that IS quite pricey just for 1 piece. I love those little one-motif bracelets stacked together. :love: :love:

Phoenix, is there a VCA with one motif in white gold that isn't that tiny one I showed? Can you link me to the one you're thinking about?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1465619159|4042893 said:

Phoenix, is there a VCA with one motif in white gold that isn't that tiny one I showed? Can you link me to the one you're thinking about?

LLJsmom, I don't think there's one in plain WG.

I was thinking of the sweet pink gold or the Carnelian which is also in RG, but I re-read your post and you specifically said you'd rather stick with WG. Oooops, ignore me!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just went back and re-read your posts. I LOVE your AVR necklace btw. Pls don't do anything with it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the VCA pave sweet bracelet since it would match well w/ your collection.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the VCA motif necklace the best. And then convert your current pendant to a bracelet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1465621250|4042898 said:
I voted for the VCA pave sweet bracelet since it would match well w/ your collection.

I vote for this choice as well. And I would leave your AVR as is for now. I agree with Phoenix that you should focus on the new bracelet if that is your next project and see how you feel about the AVR pendant later.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worry about the skinny TB scratching your lovely VCA piece.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for the skinny tennis bracelet - as long as it doesn't completely chew up the VCA bracelet.

I would leave the AVR necklace alone - it is beautiful. You are overthinking the 'circle' aspect.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJ, I love your AVR. So much so, that I purchased a 1ct AVC from GOG & had them set it exactly as yours. (I have not posted it yet.) I LOVE it. Its a small bright flash of light sitting on your neck. I thought yours looked so classy & sleek. It is perfect, I would not change it!

I voted for the tiny tennis bracelet. I too have a larger (18 pointer) so its something like 6-7 cts, can't remember exactly. In the back of my mind, I always think I'd like a smaller bracelet, for every day. Sometimes the big honker is too much.

I LOVE your moms, can you show me a close up of that setting? I like the squareness of the setting, it looks perfect. Again, sleek & classy.

Sometimes, when you have multiple items on that have multiple shapes, designs, etc, it can get to look too busy for MY eye, IMHO, almost like a Christmas tree. I've seen people before who have gorgeous pieces individually, but wear them with so many other pieces that it gets to be overwhelming. YKWIM, its hard to explain. Maybe I need more coffee...I love your pieces & choices, so I don't think you can go wrong whatever you decide!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1465657558|4042959 said:
LLJ, I love your AVR. So much so, that I purchased a 1ct AVC from GOG & had them set it exactly as yours. (I have not posted it yet.) I LOVE it. Its a small bright flash of light sitting on your neck. I thought yours looked so classy & sleek. It is perfect, I would not change it!

I voted for the tiny tennis bracelet. I too have a larger (18 pointer) so its something like 6-7 cts, can't remember exactly. In the back of my mind, I always think I'd like a smaller bracelet, for every day. Sometimes the big honker is too much.

I LOVE your moms, can you show me a close up of that setting? I like the squareness of the setting, it looks perfect. Again, sleek & classy.

Sometimes, when you have multiple items on that have multiple shapes, designs, etc, it can get to look too busy for MY eye, IMHO, almost like a Christmas tree. I've seen people before who have gorgeous pieces individually, but wear them with so many other pieces that it gets to be overwhelming. YKWIM, its hard to explain. Maybe I need more coffee...I love your pieces & choices, so I don't think you can go wrong whatever you decide!!

Hi sarahb, :wavey: thank you. I'm excited that you bought an AVC. I had considered that too. I hope that you will post pictures of it sometime. I think it will be gorgeous. :appl: :love: :appl: I guess we kinda think that same way about the bigger tennis bracelet. It's funny because I do love mine, and I would never consider selling it. It's a staple for me. And I can see how a smaller one would be perfect for daily wear too.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow of the squarish setting of my mom's. It's funny b/c she bought it at a gem show, and it is really sparkly. Never woulda thought.

_4124.jpeg

_4125.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1465619576|4042896 said:
LLJsmom|1465619159|4042893 said:

LLJsmom, I don't think there's one in plain WG.

I was thinking of the sweet pink gold or the Carnelian which is also in RG, but I re-read your post and you specifically said you'd rather stick with WG. Oooops, ignore me!

Hi Phoenix, thanks for trying to come up for options for me. I am sad they don't have a plain white gold, VCA will be VCA. Choosey is often not an option.

Phoenix said:
I just went back and re-read your posts. I LOVE your AVR necklace btw. Pls don't do anything with it.

Funny that I think I should have only one necklace. Yes, I am trying to make myself ok with having more than one of everything. I will keep my AVR necklace for now. It's quite simple and easy and matches everything. I should let it be for now.

I'll share pics of my adventures today. My mom and I hit up every place in town. Cartier, Van Cleef, Hermes. It was a lot of fun!

Here is a pic of the scarf I got my mom at Hermes. It is absolutely stunning on. Puzzle: Can you find the horses??

hermes_scarf.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, thank you kindly for responding and giving me your opinion.

MissGotRocks said:
My vote is for the skinny tennis bracelet - as long as it doesn't completely chew up the VCA bracelet.
I would leave the AVR necklace alone - it is beautiful. You are overthinking the 'circle' aspect.

PintoBean said:
I worry about the skinny TB scratching your lovely VCA piece.

Thanks for the reminder MGR and PintoBean. I can't believe that never occurred to me, the person who a paranoid about everything. Strangely enough, my mom's TB is super smooth underneath and does not scratch or snag or have any part that isn't completely smooth. I would have to be very careful and look out for that if I were to buy a new TB.

And yeah, MGR, that circle comment made me laugh. I get it. I need to get out of my head. O.K. :D Thanks for the reminder.

missy said:
m-2-b|1465621250|4042898 said:
I vote for this choice as well. And I would leave your AVR as is for now. I agree with Phoenix that you should focus on the new bracelet if that is your next project and see how you feel about the AVR pendant later.

Gypsy said:
I like the VCA motif necklace the best. And then convert your current pendant to a bracelet.

m-2-b said:

Quite prophetic, ladies. I will share in my next post.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are pictures of the various options. I will admit right now that the VCA white gold and diamonds sweet just grabbed both me and my mom. We took it out, looked at it, and just both loved it. No two ways about it. It was super sparkly. After having seen the diamond version, I just could not be happy with the solid gold piece. My mom loved it so much she ordered it in a pendant, and we will have a chance to see it next week. In pictures it doesn't look that alive. IRL, it is a stunning beauty. Of all the things I saw today, it's the one piece that I would say I would put money down for that. All the rest I would really need to think about.

_4127.jpeg

_4128.jpeg

_4129.jpeg

_4130.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is with the two mini loves. I like this option a lot (not as much as the VCA), and it gives the look a very modern feel. However, I can see myself taking it off because it kinda gets in the way. I would have this on my list, but just not at the top.

_4131.jpeg

_4133.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I LOVE the diamond sweet. It looks so beautiful stacked with your butterfly. :love: :love:

Sounds like you had super fun at all these stores... how cute you went with your mom, love that! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sweet looks like it's SUPPOSED to be on your wrist! :love: :love: :love:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love that scarf. I've had my eye on the grey/blue/green version for a while.

The sweet looks just adorable. It also looks great with the line bracelet, but I am a sucker for a thin line bracelet.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay!!! Now we are getting somewhere. I love the VCA and the Cartier to be honest. VCA I have seen in person because I tried it on. It's gorgeous. I also love the Cartier and think it's fun and has a youthful thing going. The tennis bracelet is one that I never really cared for. I just remember a lot of older ladies wearing tennis bracelets. It gives me a stale vibe in a stack. I actually don't see many of them these days unless in the over 65 crowd. I do live on the Westside of LA though. I see the stylish rocking delicate stacks or bangles or a combo of both. No tennis bracelets. Ultimately you know the rules. Gotta love it and who cares if you love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would vastly prefer a DBTY bracelet with a sweet bracelet over a tennis bracelet if I had to stack something with one, because I think the chains would be of similar weight and work very well together (both delicate). I would be a little concerned about stacking anything with turquoise, though!

When I decided to exchange my 6 motif pink gold sweet bracelet, the pave single wg was an option because it also was about $3000. But I can't get over the price for that particular piece when there are vintage size 5 motif bracelets in the $3700-3900 range! You get SO much more impact for the money with a 5 motif vintage over a single sweet! The funny thing is, I was buying the 6 motif sweet with the thought of wearing it with my DBTY bracelet! So since I bought the vintage bracelet, I still don't have a bracelet to wear with my DBTY bracelet!

So my vote is none of the above. I vote for DBTY bracelet! :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1465707855|4043125 said:
LLJsmom, I LOVE the diamond sweet. It looks so beautiful stacked with your butterfly. :love: :love:
Sounds like you had super fun at all these stores... how cute you went with your mom, love that! :appl:
Thanks Phoenix. It was really fun, because we came across something my mom actually liked, at first sight. We looked at the solid gold sweet, and she definitely preferred the white gold with the diamonds. And she's a pendant girl. So the single pendant really appealed to her.

You know what's weird? If she gets the pendant, it kinda satiates my craving, for a little bit maybe. I have to say that the VCA is just so pretty that it eclipses my OEC. It's such a stunning piece I'm not totally sure when to wear it, or how. It totally outshines the little butterfly. OK. So I can only imagine what wearing a diamond perlee must feel like... :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1465734223|4043157 said:
The sweet looks like it's SUPPOSED to be on your wrist! :love: :love: :love:

Pinto, that sweet is just stunning, a collector's piece. I do really love it. I'm a little scared of it, it is that pretty.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1465734998|4043161 said:
I love that scarf. I've had my eye on the grey/blue/green version for a while.

The sweet looks just adorable. It also looks great with the line bracelet, but I am a sucker for a thin line bracelet.

Lady_Disdain, you need to just go for it. That scarf is a work of art. I was just showing my DH the amazing originality and artistry the scarf displayed. It is a piece that I knew I would regret if I did not buy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1465781419|4043424 said:
Okay!!! Now we are getting somewhere. I love the VCA and the Cartier to be honest. VCA I have seen in person because I tried it on. It's gorgeous. I also love the Cartier and think it's fun and has a youthful thing going. The tennis bracelet is one that I never really cared for. I just remember a lot of older ladies wearing tennis bracelets. It gives me a stale vibe in a stack. I actually don't see many of them these days unless in the over 65 crowd. I do live on the Westside of LA though. I see the stylish rocking delicate stacks or bangles or a combo of both. No tennis bracelets. Ultimately you know the rules. Gotta love it and who cares if you love it!

hathalove, I agree with you. The minilove has a vibe of lighthearted youthfulness to it that is really appealing. I am drawn toward it for that reason. I am putting that on my list. I can see this piece being a part of my permanent collection.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1465792795|4043463 said:
I would vastly prefer a DBTY bracelet with a sweet bracelet over a tennis bracelet if I had to stack something with one, because I think the chains would be of similar weight and work very well together (both delicate). I would be a little concerned about stacking anything with turquoise, though!

When I decided to exchange my 6 motif pink gold sweet bracelet, the pave single wg was an option because it also was about $3000. But I can't get over the price for that particular piece when there are vintage size 5 motif bracelets in the $3700-3900 range! You get SO much more impact for the money with a 5 motif vintage over a single sweet! The funny thing is, I was buying the 6 motif sweet with the thought of wearing it with my DBTY bracelet! So since I bought the vintage bracelet, I still don't have a bracelet to wear with my DBTY bracelet!

Hi DS, I think the 6 motif is very pretty too. And the price is attractive compared to the single white gold sweet. The problem is that the diamond sweet single motif is just so much prettier to me. Maybe I need to spend more time with it. Maybe I will ask to see it when I go next. I have done everything with my turquoise already so not much more damage can be done to it. :wink2: I have always been unable to commit to a dbty cause I think the flipping of a dbty would bother me. But I have never had one so I'm not sure. Every time I'm craving arm bling I look up the ones on WF.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1465858216|4043674 said:
diamondseeker2006|1465792795|4043463 said:

Hi DS, I think the 6 motif is very pretty too. And the price is attractive compared to the single white gold sweet. The problem is that the diamond sweet single motif is just so much prettier to me. Maybe I need to spend more time with it. Maybe I will ask to see it when I go next. I have done everything with my turquoise already so not much more damage can be done to it. :wink2: I have always been unable to commit to a dbty cause I think the flipping of a dbty would bother me. But I have never had one so I'm not sure. Every time I'm craving arm bling I look up the ones on WF.

There's a single WG sweet?!! :lickout:

Like I need more enabling, lol!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The DBTYs are very pretty even if they are flipped. In fact, unless you have really huge stones, you don't even really notice when they are flipped. I would have loved the single pave sweet with my DBTY bracelet, but ultimately I just felt the 5 motif vintage was the better choice for me in terms of value. So I actually still do not have a bracelet to wear with the DBTY but would consider a wg/turquoise or wg/MOP (when they make wg again) single motif as those prices (esp MOP) are more reasonable.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello LLJ,
I initially voted a single stone bracelet with your current AVR. After reading the thread and looking at all the pictures I'd like to change my vote to the white gold VCA with diamonds.
Enjoy making your decision :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results