shape
carat
color
clarity

WWPsersD? Quest for raspberry coloured earrings...

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Coloured stoners, I am in need of your expertise :twirl: My wedding is coming up very soon and I'd like to accessorise my "boring" oyster-coloured dress with some raspberry coloured earrings.

If you were looking for pink-with-a-touch-of-purple (no peach) earrings stones that are as large as possible:

1. What sort of stone would you search for? Tourmaline? Rhodolite garnet? I loved the garnet Jim Rentfrow just cut in his cushion cutting tutorial, but that stone is sold and Colorluvr's newer garnet is a little more cranberry than I'd ideally like.

2. Who would you contact to supply a matched pair?

My budget is not large by any means (maybe $700ish for both stones?) but I'd scrape more together if someone finds/suggests the perfect thing.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhodolite garnets will be a good choice, especially Umbalites.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I should add, Jim Rentfrow has lots of rough, you could send him an email and see if he can cut a matched set. He is a wonderful cutter.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rick over at Art Cut Gems has a couple Rhodolite pairs; I don't know if they are large enough for your purpose -- http://www.artcutgems.com/search.php -- I do have a pair of his "Royal Rhodolites" (5mm square step-cut) and the color IRL to my eyes is a true raspberry with a very slight tilt towards purple - no peach whatsoever - very pretty and holds its color.

RRhod%2015_th.jpg

RRhod%2016a_th.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1303389286|2901762 said:
Rick over at Art Cut Gems has a couple Rhodolite pairs; I don't know if they are large enough for your purpose -- http://www.artcutgems.com/search.php -- I do have a pair of his "Royal Rhodolites" (5mm square step-cut) and the color IRL to my eyes is a true raspberry with a very slight tilt towards purple - no peach whatsoever - very pretty and holds its color.

RRhod%2015_th.jpg

RRhod%2016a_th.jpg

Love those! I also have some of Rick's Royal Rhodolites and they're gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1303387142|2901741 said:
Rhodolite garnets will be a good choice, especially Umbalites.

I agree, but unfortunately not all rhodolites are created equal. Some are very muddy, extinct, or brown however. Barry of acstones.com has had some very pretty looking tanga and umbalites lately, at least in the photos. Tanga and umbalites are marketing names for rhodolites that come from a specific region and have certain color. Beware of rhodolites that look more like pyropes (dark brownish red or very burgundy).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if Gene has any rough left? Both of these stones are rhodolites from him, but one is from the Tanga region, and one is from the Umba valley.

IMG_0592-1.JPG

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa , Cellentani ! I love those settings !!! :love: :love: :love:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you ! PSers are the best :appl:

Thank you ooo~Shiney and herekittykitty for your suggestion from Doug Menadue. Great minds think alike! This would also have worked well because he's local to me (same state) but alas I think they are a little too purple for my purposes. ooo~Shiney, it was very generous of you to suggest them and I think this is now your cue to purchase them for yourself... :naughty:

Thanks Chrono for the support on the gem species and TL for things to watch out for.

Marymm, the Royal Rhodalites you suggested are EXACTLY what I was looking for :appl: Thank you so much for suggesting Art Cut Gems. I think the step cuts are a little small for purpose but otherwise perfect, so I'll contact Rick and see what he has. Thanks also to Pandora for the endorsement.

If Rick doesn't have what I need, I'll be sure to contact Jim (thanks herekittykitty), Barry (thanks TL) or Gene (thanks Cellentani) next. Cellentani, those earrings are to DIE for...

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Echidna|1303513411|2902936 said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you ! PSers are the best :appl:

Thank you ooo~Shiney and herekittykitty for your suggestion from Doug Menadue. Great minds think alike! This would also have worked well because he's local to me (same state) but alas I think they are a little too purple for my purposes. ooo~Shiney, it was very generous of you to suggest them and I think this is now your cue to purchase them for yourself... :naughty:

Thanks Chrono for the support on the gem species and TL for things to watch out for.

Marymm, the Royal Rhodalites you suggested are EXACTLY what I was looking for :appl: Thank you so much for suggesting Art Cut Gems. I think the step cuts are a little small for purpose but otherwise perfect, so I'll contact Rick and see what he has. Thanks also to Pandora for the endorsement.

If Rick doesn't have what I need, I'll be sure to contact Jim (thanks herekittykitty), Barry (thanks TL) or Gene (thanks Cellentani) next. Cellentani, those earrings are to DIE for...

THANK YOU !!!!!!!! :)) :)) :))

I loved the stones I saw on Rick's site too, and yes, cellentani, please suggest earring settings ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results