shape
carat
color
clarity

would you trust the cleaning lady home alone...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cleaning your house?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
At first? No, but after a while and you get to know them, sure... I haven''t had a problem yet....

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, our housekeeper comes and goes and we never see her! But we live in an apartment building with a doorman and she cleans lots of other people's apartments as well so we trust her and really like her.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My lady comes on day Mark is home...but I totally would...I mean, she''s seen my underwear, thats the ultimate trust.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. But I didn''t until I knew her.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely trust one that I had a closer relationship to that has been coming in for a while. However, I would NOT trust a company based "team" of cleaning ladies that come in.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I always left, but not until I felt they knew me and I knew them.
But, the last mom and daughter team I had, cured me of housekeeprs.
Not only did they never show up on the day I was hosting a huge party,
I later learned the mom stole food from my pantry and pain meds my
H had for his knee replacement surgery. No telling what else she helped
herself to. And they charged me 180.00 for the just the downstairs.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 12:11:51 AM
Author: bebe
Not only did they never show up on the day I was hosting a huge party,
I later learned the mom stole food from my pantry and pain meds my
This reminds me of that movie "Friends with Money," where the Jennifer Aniston character steals one of her customer''s expensive face creams!!! lol

To answer the question, no, I wouldn''t trust a house cleaner and that is why I''d probably never get one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve had the same person for several years. She almost always comes when I am not here.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
110%

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Probably not. Unless I knew her well. Of course, she would have to be bonded, but still . . .

appletini

Ideal_Rock
We are never there when she comes..sometimes she brings her sister to help. Nothing has even been broken or missing. One time last summer I guess they brought their kids with them since school was out. My neighbor questioned them and then told me later.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
My parents have had cleaning people for as long as I can remember. It's a team of people (independent business, not like Merry Maids) in which some people have been coming back for 20 years, but some are pretty constantly rotating. They were a recommendation from a good friend of my mother's who really loved their services. In 20 years, I'd say something has really only gone missing once, and there's no proof that they were responsible for it and my brother didn't just misplace the cash.

EVEN THOUGH there was no proof whatsoever, the lady in charge promised my mother that the woman who cleaned my brother's room that day would never come back to our house, because there are plenty of houses to clean, and it's better safe than sorry. I'm inclined to believe my brother spent the money or misplaced it while drunk/otherwise compromised (he's 21 and likes to party, he doesn't have *problems*) but it's good to know that she cares enough about her business to make sure there's nothing to worry about anyway.

So yeah, if someone I knew was using a crew they had great success with, I would absolutely hire a cleaning person. And in fact, my good friend's sister has a house cleaning business, so I definitely plan on hiring her for our house as soon as I have a full time job and we have a budget based on two full time jobs. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2009 12:36:49 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I've had the same person for several years. She almost always comes when I am not here.
she has the house key? don't think i would be comfortable with somebody having a key to my house.
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep she has a key. at first she didnt and neighbor let her in but when we moved she had been with us for 2 years so we trusted her and gave her a key.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I haven''t been in the position to hire someone yet, but hypothetically ... I wouldn''t, except that it seems like everybody else does, so I would tell myself not to be so paranoid and get over it. It sounds v. awkward to just follow someone around while they mop, vacuum, etc. - at that point, why not just do it yourself?

April20

Ideal_Rock
When I''ve had someone clean, I''ve always hired someone I knew personally that ran a cleaning business. Trusted them completely- they had a key to get as they cleaned on week days when we were at work.

I worked with a gal that hired Merry Maids or some such company and she wasn''t comfortable leaving anything of value out. She had too many things disappear and no proof to say what happened. Certainly not to say that anyone you would get from a commercial cleaning company would be dishonest, you just get someone different all the time, you don''t build a relationship with them and unfortunately, there are dishonest people out there.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
nope. ppl trust wayyyy too easily imo...and i will neve get how u can trust someone u dont know
33.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:52:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh
At first? No, but after a while and you get to know them, sure... I haven''t had a problem yet....
+1
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results