shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you resize a 5-stone shared prong band up by 2 sizes?

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I’m considering buying a preowned band that is 2 sizes too small for my finger. It’s a 7, I feel most comfortable in a size 9. Too risky, or OK to resize it? Thanks!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would ask the seller to check with their jeweler if it's a private sale. Is the band just a smooth shank? If it's just a solid shank, I think you may be fine.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely would not. That's too big a re-size. It could impact the integrity of the prongs holding the diamonds.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what I would do is send a picture to your jeweler to determine if resize is possible. I have done this many times,with good success, My jeweler would also tightened my stones, If it was loose. He was honest about it if he couldn't, and before I committed to buying.

If you are buying this from Ebay or another resale channel and they are a jeweler themselves, please ask them for some reassurance or warranty. I had one seller, resized it and while the resized fit perfectly, the stones were loose. I had to go to my local jeweler to get my stones tightened, and they gave me a slight refund. however still cost me more at my local jeweler but I love the band.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
:confused: Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses. I didn’t see your comments until now for some strange reason. I decided not to get the band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results