shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you repurpose these bands into one band?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D1ACE5C2-2318-4E56-8A3A-63DD70CBF5B2.jpeg
So I have a 5 stone and a 6 stone. Diamonds are so gorgeous except for 5 stone has one with bad clarity that ugh my eye gravitates too. The 5 stone is 1.25 carat. Now the 6 stone has gorgeous diamonds that add up to .90 but I hate the setting. Should I kill two birds with one stone and combine the two to create a semi eternity? Ideas welcome. My concern is that going custom is pricey and considering I’m into these bands for a combined 1800 total, Idk if the resulting ring would be financially unsound. At the same time, I rarely wear either Bc I’m craving more finger coverage and both fall short.

Attachments

• 775B4A32-4CA1-43DC-A325-6B725CE26C94.jpeg
    775B4A32-4CA1-43DC-A325-6B725CE26C94.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 18

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go get quotes from IDJ and DK. There should be stock settings. Peruse adwar and stuller for settings options and ideas.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of full eternities. The diamonds on the bottom (and thus all the diamonds) get beaten up. Its a bit less abuse if you have them in a channel (or a bead set with a higher wall), but still tons of abuse.

I think you like step cuts, why don't you use the 6 stone to make a new ring. Keep the 4 nice stones of the 5-stone for earrings. Maybe drops to add to studs (like pendant style hangers that you can add to the stud or remove).

The ring idea would be the reverse of this. You'd have your rounds in the center and step cuts (short baguettes or frenchies) on the sides..

upload_2018-6-16_17-4-28.png

Earrings

Showing "pendant" approach. These are very cheap, but you could make a two stone drop either open or bezel set to add to studs.
upload_2018-6-16_17-8-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-16_17-2-13.png
    upload_2018-6-16_17-2-13.png
    283.8 KB · Views: 10

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It might be hard to find a stock setting because of the stones being two different sizes. Would you alternate the .25 and .15 or have the larger stones in the center?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how you have stacked the rings in the photo!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No don’t combine. Different sized stones. Get a new stone to replace the bad 25 pointer. Do something else with the 6 stone.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the way they look together right now! What about just changing out the one flawed diamond in the 5-stone so that you’re not distracted by it. By keeping the rings separate you’ll have more options to stack them.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would combine and alternate sizes with the most annoying stones towards the bottom (small sizing bar JIC) AND I would bezel ala Tiffany jazz but add millgrain since I have an obsession with it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do you wear bracelets? How about a diamond bangle?

cheers--Sharon

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might be hard to find a stock setting because of the stones being two different sizes. Would you alternate the .25 and .15 or have the larger stones in the center?
Yes! Alternating.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how you have stacked the rings in the photo!
Thank you! Trying it out tonight for a party I’m going to. Lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would combine and alternate sizes with the most annoying stones towards the bottom (small sizing bar JIC) AND I would bezel ala Tiffany jazz but add millgrain since I have an obsession with it.
Yes! This. But I’m not sure a custom bezel will be as dainty as Tiffany’s jazz within a reasonable budget

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doh! I missed that detail of different sizes lololol

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way they look together right now! What about just changing out the one flawed diamond in the 5-stone so that you’re not distracted by it. By keeping the rings separate you’ll have more options to stack them.
I agree: I looove these bands combined as they are now, but with the baddie stone replaced for a new one. It’s such a rich and sophisticated look that can be easily dressed down with jeans or dressed up with a LBD.
Is there is something you do not like about the settings, you could as DK for a quote for 2 matching settings.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree: I looove these bands combined as they are now, but with the baddie stone replaced for a new one. It’s such a rich and sophisticated look that can be easily dressed down with jeans or dressed up with a LBD.
Is there is something you do not like about the settings, you could as DK for a quote for 2 matching settings.
Wow! Your taste is impeccable and is giving me pause to think!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a great idea, you could always use the flawed diamond in a pendant where no one is looking at it close up!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! This. But I’m not sure a custom bezel will be as dainty as Tiffany’s jazz within a reasonable budget

Nala, I think a band with bezeled alternating sized stones would actually be cool and fun! If you like the work that WF did on my shared-prong-to-bezel eternity band reset why not reach out to them for a quote?

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love them stacked like you have them. But if repurposing the stones, My vote would also be a diamond bangle.

Reactions: Rpb

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m leaning towards a bangle! I have way too many rhr’s so this would be a chance at something different!

M

MTHealthyLiving

D1ACE5C2-2318-4E56-8A3A-63DD70CBF5B2.jpeg
So I have a 5 stone and a 6 stone. Diamonds are so gorgeous except for 5 stone has one with bad clarity that ugh my eye gravitates too. The 5 stone is 1.25 carat. Now the 6 stone has gorgeous diamonds that add up to .90 but I hate the setting. Should I kill two birds with one stone and combine the two to create a semi eternity? Ideas welcome. My concern is that going custom is pricey and considering I’m into these bands for a combined 1800 total, Idk if the resulting ring would be financially unsound. At the same time, I rarely wear either Bc I’m craving more finger coverage and both fall short.

Oh my gosh, those are gorgeous as they are!
I’d just replace the stone that’s driving you crazy, and save it for something else.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B9E43C4C-38B7-4FCF-A9F2-36D596BFCE39.jpeg So went to the LA jewelry district today to see the jeweler who did my oec 9 stone. He said I don’t have enough diamonds for a bangle and I told him i was fine with my 11 diamonds but he refused to entertain the thought :confused:

He encouraged the alternating band or even throwing in my . 07’s pictured in the middle here and making a full eternity.

This got me to thinking. I like the concept of eternity rings. They feel so luxurious. But in this case, I would end up hiding the bigger stones bc the pattern would stretch them out and i wouldn’t get the impactful eternity that i want. At this point hubby asked me why I was willing to combine to rings to only see 2 more diamonds! Hmmm.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with your hubby; why indeed? Keep them separate so you have different stacking options or ... sell them to fund your next (ready made) vintage find :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You could graduate the size of the diamonds in a bangle--while it wouldn't be a full "eternity" bangle it would be lovely as a partial bangle (and substantial) . That said it would be custom. Does your "go to" jeweler does this work?

cheers--Sharon

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You could graduate the size of the diamonds in a bangle--while it wouldn't be a full "eternity" bangle it would be lovely as a partial bangle (and substantial) . That said it would be custom. Does your "go to" jeweler does this work?

cheers--Sharon
This jeweler typically does this type of custom work for me. But he refused. So I have to be 100 percent sure that i want a bangle if I want to pursue other avenues.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you a bangle/ bracelet girl @nala ?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you a bangle/ bracelet girl @nala ?
I have a tennis bracelet that I love but I don’t typically wear for fear of banging it or just losing it. No justified fears except my own paranoia. It has a secure setting. Lol. I think I view it as a special night out piece of jewelry. I like the idea of a bangle Bc then it would feel safer —like a sturdier piece that I could wear daily. So am exploring that option.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't understand why he's saying you don't have enough diamonds for a bangle? I found this one for a graduated size and you could just stop them halfway?
AV10006_DIAMOND_BANGLE_BRACELET_18KW__70437.1427402169.jpg

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
this may not be your taste, but this type of swirl is also really pretty! swirl-bangle-diamond-bracelet-2-carat-white-gold-3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results