• WSS/T not graduated

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I need help again! :wavey:

I'm trying to decide between something like these:

One is WSS drops and the other is in likeness of the famous Keira WSS/Tahitian strand (love Kay's version too!) Length ~17 inches. The WSS graduates up to 13mm; WSS/Tahitians straight 14-15mm.

I'm generally a casual dresser but would like versatility for formal and casual, formal occasions come up at least twice a month. Thanks for any thoughts you may share with me. :)

_20353.jpg

_20358.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
The Keira strand would be it for me. No contest.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
I agree that the pictures Kay posted of her beautiful necklace would make me choose the south sea/tahitian combo.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends what you already have in your arsenal - I already have a spectacular strand of Tahitians so it would be the straight White South Seas for me.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Probably the multi color. I wear multi color more than the whites, but both have their place. The multi color can be worn with more clothing choices and earring colors and are less formal and can be dressed up or down.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough choice. I agree with misskittycat that it depends what you already own. I am a purist usually and would prefer to have on SS strand and one Tahitian strand and then perhaps get a mix of each. But for versatility the combo cannot be beat. My vote is for both though LOL. Sorry, they are both too beautiful to choose just one!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not usually a fan of multi-colour strands, however, I like them when they are white/green/blue/grey/etc., with no gold/yellow/peach/brown/etc...

And yes, I prefer the second strand to the all white ones.

As for graduation, I prefer a subtle graduation with no more than 2mm between the largest and the smallest pearls, mainly because I have short hair, and my formal clothes do not have collars. Therefore, the back of the neck is on show.

DK :))

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the 2nd strand - oh yeah!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tough and wonderful choice. You can't go wrong, though! I voted for mixed.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ltlmsmfft|1405652269|3715546 said:

same here. That strand is on my list of "Holy Grail" pieces.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1405693342|3715827 said:

same here. That strand is on my list of "Holy Grail" pieces.
+2

SMC

Ideal_Rock
If it was perfect round pearls, I'd choose white South Seas. IMHO, that's the most classic and elegant look (also screams expensive). However, with baroque shapes, I'd tend to go for the more casual vibe given off by a mixed strand. I love the look of Keira's necklace (keeping all the pearls grey, black, and white).

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Me too :love: :love: :love:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
The poll is quite tied/ the commenters favor the mixed strand.
I appreciate your thoughts everyone. I am definitely leaning towards the mixed strand. Those of you who mentioned the versatility of mixed colors and shapes, I guess I had similar thoughts about that...
Jeremy at PP put this together for me. I would love your thoughts about it. He doesn't have grey/silver Tahitians this size. I like the colors. Are the colors too stark a contrast?

_20380.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a gorgeous combination! Lovely shapes and I love the blues with the greens. Two thumbs up from me! Keep us posted. Great project!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful necklace! If you want silver T's in it, I'd wait until they have more Tahitians in stock before ordering. I have a silver Tahitian necklace from PP which has some very large silver T's in the front so I know that they have them in stock sometimes.

Just saying that if you don't love the necklace or you think you would love it more with silver, you should wait until they can create the perfect necklace for you.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I absolutely agree -- don't compromise if you are not in love with this design. If not, wait for what your heart really wants!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1405720116|3716150 said:
That's a beautiful necklace! If you want silver T's in it, I'd wait until they have more Tahitians in stock before ordering. I have a silver Tahitian necklace from PP which has some very large silver T's in the front so I know that they have them in stock sometimes.

Just saying that if you don't love the necklace or you think you would love it more with silver, you should wait until they can create the perfect necklace for you.

I'd wait for some silver Tahitians as well. Although my Tahitian strand is somewhat low grade they are all silver and they are spectacular! (I will upgrade this in the future :naughty: )

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Great feedback!!! Make it 'your' strand!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1405710329|3716029 said:
If it was perfect round pearls, I'd choose white South Seas. IMHO, that's the most classic and elegant look (also screams expensive). However, with baroque shapes, I'd tend to go for the more casual vibe given off by a mixed strand. I love the look of Keira's necklace (keeping all the pearls grey, black, and white).

Well, you know which one I chose. ;-) I agree with SMC. I prefer a solid WSS strand to be round or near round. (I tried on a killer large round WSS strand at PP, but it was about $6K.) With mixed strands, I prefer baroques.

I like what Jeremy put together. I especially like the blue pearl 3 up from the bottom on the right. :love: If you want silver added, then I agree to wait. This will be a major statement necklace, so it should be just the combination you want.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, you guys are right. I like the concept of this necklace but I need to love all aspects of it including the colors. I do like the lighter grayish blue greens, wish there were silver-greys in there. I do love the shapes and the size, in fact I feel I could go even bigger! But that would be very expensive. I will request my color choices and take that route. Thanks for helping me think through this.:)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1405724614|3716200 said:
I like what Jeremy put together. I especially like the blue pearl 3 up from the bottom on the right. :love: If you want silver added, then I agree to wait. This will be a major statement necklace, so it should be just the combination you want.

Can't agree more with this! Someone needs to buy that blue pearl!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Elysian|1405719409|3716147 said:
The poll is quite tied/ the commenters favor the mixed strand.
I appreciate your thoughts everyone. I am definitely leaning towards the mixed strand. Those of you who mentioned the versatility of mixed colors and shapes, I guess I had similar thoughts about that...
Jeremy at PP put this together for me. I would love your thoughts about it. He doesn't have grey/silver Tahitians this size. I like the colors. Are the colors too stark a contrast?
I saw Kay's in person and it really is a TDF but I really like what Jeremy has selected for you too. The most important thing is that it is right for you and you love it. I would wear this one in a heart beat but if you are not in love with it pass.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you're on the right track Elysian :) You've identified what you love ... and while Jeremy put together a lovely strand proposal for you, switching out some pearls for silver Tahitians might be perfect for you ... good luck on your hunt. One idea ... as these pearls are stunning ... have this made up, and when some nice silver Tahitions are available, switch some out, restring and use the leftover pearls to make earrings ...

P.S. It'd be Kay's necklace for me :)

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments.

CRDKeshi - How clever of you! I do like most of the pearls on this strand, so I'll purchase the strand and replace some with silver ones along the way. Great solution! Thank you.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Happy to help, Elysian! You should always go where your heart is; sometimes there's more than one road to get there :)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Elysian|1405732298|3716297 said:
Thanks everyone for your comments.

CRDKeshi - How clever of you! I do like most of the pearls on this strand, so I'll purchase the strand and replace some with silver ones along the way. Great solution! Thank you.

Great choice! The pearls Jeremy selected for you are stunning and I would definitely get them while you can! Please post photos when you receive it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results