shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you put a D color diamond into a rose gold setting?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or is that a waste of a high color diamond? All opinions gratefully considered!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I won’t even buy a D for a white metal setting. I’m an “I color in platinum” kind of girl

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I don’t think it’s a waste of a high color diamond at all. In fact, I think the sharp contrast of an icy white stone in rg is a stunningly beautiful combination! I would keep the prongs a white metal though.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I don’t think it’s a waste of a high color diamond at all. In fact, I think the sharp contrast of an icy white stone in rg is a stunningly beautiful combination! I would keep the prongs a white metal though.

Exactly my opinion. Rose gold is great for highlighting warmer stones - but the prettiest rose gold ring I've ever seen on here held 3 BGD icy white round brilliants. The contrast was extremely eye catching and very beautiful.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been obsessed with rose gold lately so I love the way any color diamond looks in it but I think a D color against the rose gold would look amazing. :love:

kspoll

Rough_Rock
Trade
I did a little searching in the James Allen recently created ring page, and while there are not many examples of D color diamonds in rose gold settings, the ones that were there were stunning (and all had white gold prongs!). I think it will be beautiful, Starfacet.
D color diamond in rose gold setting.png

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We've done high colored diamonds in rose gold on many occasions... personally, I loveSometimes
Sometimes the diamonds even look a bit pink

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a little searching in the James Allen recently created ring page, and while there are not many examples of D color diamonds in rose gold settings, the ones that were there were stunning (and all had white gold prongs!). I think it will be beautiful, Starfacet.
D color diamond in rose gold setting.png

Hi Kspoll! That is pretty and I am also loving this one from James Allen:

UniqueRoseGoldHalo.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I wanted a d and I wanted rose gold then of course I would it’s not going to go “bad” together.

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
If I had / could afford a D and wanted a rose gold setting then yeah, of course. If I had a setting in rose gold and needed a diamond I'd probably go size over colour.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would I put a D color stone in a rose gold setting?
Do you like green eggs and ham?
Yes I like them, Sam I am.

Seriously, I bought my daughter diamond studs and later bought her the Fiore jackets from BGD in RG and the diamonds really pop!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No. I'm with Tophat1. It seems like a waste to me.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I'm with Tophat1. It seems like a waste to me.
How?
A D being a “waste” is somewhat of a personal opinion - but why should your diamond color preferred be determined by your metal preference.

Yes the common belief here is that different metals hide levels of body color- but to sad you’re wasting your money to put a d in a rose gold setting is silly. It’s still a d, and it’s still the metal you wanted. Rose gold isn’t going to turn your D to a G

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Neil, the OP stated "all opinions gratefully considered" so I gave mine. I'm not sure how that's "silly". I would not spend the extra money on a D colored diamond but if I did, I would definitely put it in white metal. That's my opinion. No-one else needs to agree with it. I have been sick for 2 weeks and just came on Pricescope for a little lighthearted browsing.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil, the OP stated "all opinions gratefully considered" so I gave mine. I'm not sure how that's "silly". I would not spend the extra money on a D colored diamond but if I did, I would definitely put it in white metal. That's my opinion. No-one else needs to agree with it. I have been sick for 2 weeks and just came on Pricescope for a little lighthearted browsing.

This is what I like about PS, everyone has a different opinion, which helps me consider a topic from all angles, including ones I hadn't thought of!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I asked you to explain your position. I had a typo I’m sorry but I was saying I believe saying it’s a “waste of money” is silly.

I’m still not 100% on your position. Sounds like you think and D is a waste of money. Are you against white prongs on a rose gold setting? In your opinion diamonds set in prongs other than white don’t look as white?

Just asking for elaboration but you’re sick so I’m sorry.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would combine D color with super white metal like Platinum OR give it substantial contrast with rich yellow metal like some 18K alloys or 20-22K gold.
I would avoid the rose gold, because it's too pale to give a good contrast.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would combine D color with super white metal like Platinum OR give it substantial contrast with rich yellow metal like some 18K alloys or 20-22K gold.
I would avoid the rose gold, because it's too pale to give a good contrast.

Hi Eva! 20-22K gold accents would be cool. I don't think I've seen any designers doing this.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correction! Eva, a long time ago, I tried on this ring from Infinity Line. It was cool with the gold accents. I think it would look great with a big ole Asscher.
LDR-376.jpg

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t buy a D diamond to begin with I don’t think. But I think you should do as you like :) no right or wrong

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t buy a D diamond to begin with I don’t think. But I think you should do as you like :) no right or wrong
Yeah, whenever I look at Ds, I always pass them over for the larger, lower colors, but I would love to own just one!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's all about what you like. I have a D color diamond and I think it would look fabulous in 18k rose gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results