shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you purchase from a reseller with digital renderings (as opposed to actual pictures) on their website?

ilikeitlikethat

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi guys! First time poster here.

I am looking to purchase a beautiful lab diamond ring. Since this is a rather large purchase for me I am trying to be cautious. I've noticed lots of websites don't show pictures of their actual rings, but rather a beautiful and very crisp rendering of the piece. Would you purchase from a website/company which does this?

This is an example of what I mean (even though it's moissanite and not diamond): https://www.moissaniteco.com (they always use renderings; just ignore the posted real ring on Instagram for a minute to answer lol).

Thank you!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on how well known the vendor is. I would check to see how many reviews they had through Google and Yelp, see if they keep up an Instagram account so I could see their finished pieces, and pay with a credit card that has good buyer protection in case things go poorly.
If you want to discus lab diamonds specifically, make a post in the Lab Grown Diamonds section. Maybe someone has first hand experience with the vendor.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
There should be pics from well known vendors other places on the web. You could also message them and ask for some real pics. I would not like to buy a significant piece just based off renderings. Little stud earrings maybe...a ring no.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they have some "real" pictures of some of their rings/settings and they looked well made I probably would
take a chance. I would want a good return policy in case the setting didnt turn out as expected.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not personally, I would always want to see pics of the end product.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for me. Too risky for what you might actually be receiving.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results