shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you prefer three pendants or one larger Opinions Please

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I am late to the bandwagon on seeing Giada D's beautiful 3 pendants.
I am not sure I should go with a bezel, but will definitely have no bale.
Will be doing WF aca in either case in platinum.
Would you prefer 1 larger stone say 1.6 ct or three smaller on separate chains, maybe 1.2 ,8, .6 ish.
Not too worried about the tangling as they would be returnable.
This would be for everyday wear, I am not so much a fan of "delicate".
Many thanks! Susan

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 1.5ct solitaire necklace daily and I love it; wouldn't change a thing!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It depends. If you want the biggest stone you can get, then do the 1.6 ct. If you know you'll always wear more than 1 at a time, then get 3.

I have three ( 1ct, .54ct, .24ct). All H&A's set in a 3 prong martini, platinum setting.
When I wear them, I generally wear two at a time, not all three. These are mine.. 01.jpg

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
It depends. If you want the biggest stone you can get, then do the 1.6 ct. If you know you'll always wear more than 1 at a time, then get 3.

I have three ( 1ct, .54ct, .24ct). All H&A's set in a 3 prong martini, platinum setting.
When I wear them, I generally wear two at a time, not all three. These are mine.. 01.jpg
Ellie, could you please be so kind as to post a photo wearing all three? Is this the WF setting? Do they tangle when you wear two? Many thanks!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d prefer one, large diamond as a pendant.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer one large pendant as well.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely one large pendant as the tangle factor would annoy me no end! :lol:

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
My favourite would be the larger solo, but I would prefer one necklace with three diamonds on top of each other in a vertical row. A bit like this:

4126B.jpg
or without space:
4317B.jpg
or with bezels:

or 4231.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of layers 3 chains with 3 different sizes! Maybe there is a way to have the chains on a single 0 ring on one end, clasp on the other so it is a single necklace

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One larger one would be my preference.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dbty with 3 different size stones? That might be very chic!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One large diamond pendant.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can attest to the tangling problem. I bought a dbty and a cross from Tiffany's intending to layer. I only did it once, because it got completely tangled and twisted together. I'm still happy with each necklace on its own so it's OK.
I'd go for one bigger pendant

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
No doubt: one larger stone.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a ORTRTA girl and that applies to pendants as well. Go big or go home and I would choose one beautiful big pendant over a few smaller ones. But there is no right or wrong. It's a personal decision and what works best for you.

Having said that I will add that earrings are the one area in which I am not a "one to rule them all" and I prefer having a number of beautiful pairs to enjoy as the mood strikes. So even within one's repertoire it can vary.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Every time I see multiple chains worn together they are a clump of a tangle...

Does it have to be a single stone?

How about a diamond drop... There could be two or three - perhaps 1.6 - .2 - ish; a tappered baguette would be not a bale

oO

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One large stone. I hate taking necklaces on/off. I basically wear one pendant and never take it off. Occasionally I layer it with a long pendant that is
long enough to slip over my head so I dont have to hook/unhook the chain. Mine dont tangle. Could be because the pendants are setting pretty far
apart. In general, though, 1 large pendant that I would never take off.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
They were set by Brian Gavin. The diamonds themselves come from GOG, Whiteflash and BG.
These days I always wear two, either diamond or my other pieces. I just prefer the look.

I don't get major tangles when I wear them. I do fix them throughout the day, but it's not like I'm touching them every hour or so.

Here's a couple of old pics. The only thing that's changed is the chain for the half carat is now longer.

It really comes down to what you prefer. Size has never been the deciding factor for me when it comes to diamonds, but I've always been in the minority here. pendant 1.jpg
two pendants.jpg all_3_.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the 3 separate stone look. I remember seeing these clasps online. Not sure if anyone here has ever tried them. I had considered buying one myself to give it a try but I don’t really have anything to layer. Lol.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/254162145/layered-necklace-spacer-clasp-gold

*** That was a random search from Google. I’ve never purchased from this vendor***

As for myself, I went with a 3 stone horizontal single pendant.

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
They were set by Brian Gavin. The diamonds themselves come from GOG, Whiteflash and BG.
These days I always wear two, either diamond or my other pieces. I just prefer the look.

I don't get major tangles when I wear them. I do fix them throughout the day, but it's not like I'm touching them every hour or so.

Here's a couple of old pics. The only thing that's changed is the chain for the half carat is now longer.

It really comes down to what you prefer. Size has never been the deciding factor for me when it comes to diamonds, but I've always been in the minority here. pendant 1.jpg
two pendants.jpg all_3_.jpg
Thank you so much! I love the casual elegance of this! Do you find they flip with the martini?

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I like the 3 separate stone look. I remember seeing these clasps online. Not sure if anyone here has ever tried them. I had considered buying one myself to give it a try but I don’t really have anything to layer. Lol.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/254162145/layered-necklace-spacer-clasp-gold

*** That was a random search from Google. I’ve never purchased from this vendor***

As for myself, I went with a 3 stone horizontal single pendant.
If I did not have super short hair I would give this a go!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
@Susan7639 Yeah, I'm sure they do. But when I see them in the mirror, they're generally right side up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results