shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you pair D/E eternity band with E solitaire diamond?

April J

Rough_Rock
Would you pair a D/E eternity band with an E solitaire diamond?

Or, does this make for a color clash?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a perfect match !

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will probably never notice a difference with your eye. The eternity band will be (presumably) made with fldimaonds much smaller than that in your solitaire. Generally smaller stones, because their mass is less, won't appear as tinted as larger (not like D or E have any discernible tint). Just make sure they are well cut stones.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unless you are extremely color sensitive, you could easily pair your E solitaire up with melee diamonds as low as H-I that are well cut and not notice the color difference. Pairing your solitaire E up with D-E is going to be perfect!

Wink

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D-E is colorless. So yeah, you can't see the difference.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
D/E would match well with an E solitaire ring.

Often times the overall design will change recommendations for this slightly - do you have photos of the rings?

Some designs. for instance, actually work well with a center stone with more color than the surrounding melee.

Either way, your D/E eternity band should be fantastic paired with an E center stone (provided the same lab (or labs with similar standards) is/are grading the diamonds)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A D/E band would look great with an E solitaire ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean the vendor feels the diamonds look the same enough to pair them together (d/e) and you have on of the colors in that pair (e) seems like a non issue.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My solitaire is a D and my eternity ring next to it are all F's. They look like a perfect match to me?!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI April,
Welcome to PS!
It's likely that your solitaire is graded by a lab ( GIA hopefully)
Also most likely the eternity band is not.
If my assumptions are correct, there may be a difference in color if all were graded by GIA.
But as Wink says, it's unlikely you'd be able to notice a difference, even if the D-E is not graded as strictly as the E

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Easily! Would look stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results