shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you give this ring a makeover?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up this ring bc it was cheap. Lol. And I am Into elongated rings—I find them so flattering and elegant. Basically I bought it bc the setting drew me and I have an inexpensive bench who could give it a makeover: replace a few bad stones with some that I own and rhodium dip. Or I can just return it. Thoughts? Do you think thanks style just looks like a cheap retro ring or can you see the appeal? Feel free to Be brutally honest!
05A18DFA-6057-4635-8C6C-D817D10F1E57.jpeg 462AF75A-A06C-44FE-88B1-443982F7C80C.jpeg

I’m going to be super brutally honest and say that I don’t like the style. I would be more inclined to scrap the ring and use the stones in other projects, or even just have the bench straighten the ring so it goes like a “band” across the finger, but if you love it don’t listen to me and do what you like!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to be super brutally honest and say that I don’t like the style. I would be more inclined to scrap the ring and use the stones in other projects, or even just have the bench straighten the ring so it goes like a “band” across the finger, but if you love it don’t listen to me and do what you like!

I’m actually not a fan of the stones! So no incentive to repurpose but rather replace, lol. Thanks for your input!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I think it has a quirky charm. But perhaps I’m just jealous as I could never wear this. My husband has OCD and couldn’t live with the fact it doesn’t go straight. I’d get divorced if I bought this LOL!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it has a quirky charm. But perhaps I’m just jealous as I could never wear this. My husband has OCD and couldn’t live with the fact it doesn’t go straight. I’d get divorced if I bought this LOL!

Hahahahaha. This is so funny!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it
id wear it
i like rings that look a little different
I like its not straight
It has great finger coverage

Id go with your plan of replacing the diamonds with some of your own

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you asked for honesty....I’m not crazy about this design. It looks very heavy to me on your hand. I’ve seen examples where there aren’t diamonds on the top and bottom bands and to me those have a more delicate look.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d return it. I like the style but on this one I would want the melee in the side bands to be bigger so less metal shows, the prongs on the center diamonds to be more refined, and you mentioned the diamonds aren’t great. That is more work that I would want to put into it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It reminds me of those retro waterfall rings and the melee doesn’t seem to shine (though hard to tell from pics). I don’t care for it! You have way nicer pieces; I would pass on this one.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Because you asked, no.

It looks like the diamonds are on the small side, and the effort that it would take as far as time, labor, metal cost, cad fees or even looking for a setting to fit the stones once you remove them, is not worth it to me.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m gonna have to agree that it’s too metally. Too many prongs and metal so that even with better stones it will still just showcase more metal. Thank you all for your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results