shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this OEC ring?

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
I've been mostly a lurker but still
hunting down an old cut - standard retailers too pricey for me right now...
Found this ring - what do you think? Diamonds are approx. .60 each VS2and SI1. Colour I-J. Price is around the $1000 mark..
IMG_0943.JPG 20170603_222358.jpg 20170603_223839.jpg 20170603_223923.jpg 20170603_224100.jpg

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the stones looked pretty to my eye, yes, but I would turn it into a pair of earrings

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
I hear you! Gotta take care of the stolen engagement ring gap first though :)

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wondering if you would consider an online purchase, provided the vendor had a good return policy and if the price were right; if an online purchase is not outside the realm of possibility for you, may I ask if the $1000 budget is in US dollars & if, e.g., a Canadian vendor would be especially advantageous from a tax/duties perspective? I'm guessing, from colour, that you don't live in the States ; - )

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it, I just bought something similar with a little smaller stones and I have been enjoying wearing it every day!

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
I'm wondering if you would consider an online purchase, provided the vendor had a good return policy and if the price were right; if an online purchase is not outside the realm of possibility for you, may I ask if the $1000 budget is in US dollars & if, e.g., a Canadian vendor would be especially advantageous from a tax/duties perspective? I'm guessing, from colour, that you don't live in the States ; - )
Absolutely no issue with purchasing from the States. Canadian $ and duties would be more beneficial, but I'm honestly struggling with finding anything at the size I'm looking for - old cut, .6 ct and up, white gold/platinum and in good condition. Send suggestions my way!!

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
Great choices! It has helped to narrow it down for me - I'm pretty certain I want a solitaire...maybe with sidestones but definitely with milgrain and something decorative. My last ring had a .6-.75 ft centre transitional diamond with leaf shaped shoulders. I loved that ring!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The cut on them is not looking too good? Keep looking?

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
I will keep on looking for a solitaire I think!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will keep on looking for a solitaire I think!
What ring size should we be keeping an eye out for, musko? Resizing is easier with the kind of plain shank you have in mind, but wouldn't it be great if you could eliminate that expense : - )

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
What ring size should we be keeping an eye out for, musko? Resizing is easier with the kind of plain shank you have in mind, but wouldn't it be great if you could eliminate that expense : - )
5 3/4 wow thank you!!!

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
I had only searched their rings. There are quite a few diamonds there. I will start looking at settings....thank you!

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! Some intriguing choices for sure. I love the Edwardian solitaires with filigree and Art Deco styles with shoulder decoration. I am unsure about bidding on a diamond on eBay but I guess the stone just has to be beautiful to me :)

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
If you find a diamond at Old World Diamonds Adam will find you the setting you want.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the world of Adam of Old World Diamonds, but... he is not much of an email person. So I highly recommend that your initial contact with him be by phone. It will be a more efficient way for you two to launch; plus, he's a fun person to chat with.

muskokathompson

Rough_Rock
Thanks for that hint! Very helpful - also clarifying for me to speak with a human who knows so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results