shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be lonely without Pricescope?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you be lonely without Pricescope? I would. I've gotten used to the voices here. The good, the bad, and the Republicans.

I don't have a huge amount of friends IRL - the sheer strain of longterm illness, severe bereavement, and middle age stresses took care of that - but the people on here remain, and that's nice.

I sell the odd painting, which allows me to buy my occasional blings, and it would be really lonely without PSers to share them with.

Would you be sad without it?

I think part of it is that not many people in real life have the same passion for high-quality bling at fair prices like we do. I think PSers should have a secret handshake.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to admit it, but yeah.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really.

I happily take long breaks from PS for months at a time. I come back because I like helping people. But if I couldn't help people on here I'd find some other way to help people.

I like being here, a lot. But I'm not a terribly social person. I am happy with just my small group of close friends, my husband and my cats (and our families too, but to a lesser extent as they are not always a source of happiness) for social interactions.

I do love several of the posters on here (not naming names) and I enjoy checking in with them. But I could do that on FB or in real life if PS wasn't here. I would still want to keep in touch with them, though. They've become friends.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really.

Being on PS may be one of my favourite ways to spend my spare time, however, it is not the only board that I participate, and I have other extra curriculum activities to keep me busy.

DK :))

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1464598598|4038011 said:
Not really.

Being on PS may be one of my favourite ways to spend my spare time, however, it is not the only board that I participate, and I have other extra curriculum activities to keep me busy.

Ditto.

I enjoy PS, I especially like that the posters (for the most part) are mature, intelligent, articulate, cultured individuals with "GSOH" and come from a range of backgrounds, but this is the internet, it's not real, so I don't have too much of myself invested here.

I don't think it's healthy to devote too much of oneself to a virtual reality (whether it is internet forums, video games, Other Life or The Sims). I often go months at a time without posting, as my statistics can attest to (I've been a member for nearly six years and have only 1119 posts) and I'm ok with that.

I have other hobbies and am a member of various other forums, but even if all internet forums ceased to exist, I would be fine.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps is real to me. I've made some great friends here : )
And yes, I would miss chatting with them!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I really value the posters on PS and the forum. I love that this group is made up of people who love jewellery as much as I do, the expertise that is found on here, the passion and the love for quality not just labels.

I love looking at everyones beautiful jewellery and occasionally being able to post my small contributions.
I love that though the forum can sound vain and selfish to outsiders ( i.e. expensive jewellery) it really isn't - it is made up of a bunch of fantastic posters who are thoughtful, helpful and passionate about jewellery but also about a whole range of other things.

I for one am glad it is around - I try to limit my screen time so I am not on here as often at times as others, but on the whole - thank you for the great community and the wonderful knowledge and pictures of jewellery posted in the right spirit. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a big difference between being alone and lonely.

I am alone, however, I am not lonely.

If I have time to spare, I catch up on my sleep.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not even a little bit.

I love looking at all the bling but it is just a distraction for me. Real life is much busier. I would probably miss it a bit, but lonely no.

Q

Queenie60

I have enjoyed my time on PS however, could easily get used to not having it. It's a fun distraction for me and there are certain posters that I enjoy reading. When I see their posts, I click to get a smile or a bit of knowledge. I must say that I have learned a great deal about jewelry and always feel confident that i could get an honest opinion when unsure of something I am considering. This is very valuable for me. So.....I probably would miss PS. :naughty:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks fro the responses.

Do others have jewelry enthusiasts in real life to share with? I don't.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1464579878|4037975 said:
I hate to admit it, but yeah.
PS would be lonely w/o Kenny... :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have wonderful friends from PS, and I really enjoy the voices/perspectives here. I've really benefited from the sharp people---I wouldn't make a major purchase without asking here first. I've had excellent comment and advice from you guys.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I don't think so. PS is actually 1/4 or 1/5 forums that I visit. I go through periods where I am more heavily posting on one and then it switches around. I'd just be posting more on my other forums lol.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! it's so wonderful to read about people's lives and their bling.. I have loved diamonds since I was 3 and I still do.. the people here (even the republicans too) are interesting.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1464646997|4038271 said:
Yes! it's so wonderful to read about people's lives and their bling.. I have loved diamonds since I was 3 and I still do.. the people here (even the republicans too) are interesting.

Haha, yes, this exactly!!
I love PS and I would miss all of you. (Mostly Kenny :love:)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1464646997|4038271 said:
Do you mean all 10 of them?... :lol:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1464625930|4038134 said:
Thanks fro the responses.

Do others have jewelry enthusiasts in real life to share with? I don't.

I don't either, so I would really miss Pricescope. My friends know about my hobby and are amused by my passion for it, but otherwise do not share my interest

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I would not be lonely without it...anymore. There was a time in my LIW days where most of my non-work-related social interaction was on PS and I certainly would have been lonely if it was gone.

But then we all decided to find each other in "real life" venues.

I would be without one of my best friends and several of my good ones if PS didn't exist, as this was where we met. We've clearly cultivated a relationship offline that I am incredibly thankful for, so we wouldn't need PS to keep going...but I can't even imagine what my life would be like today without some of the people I've met here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be lonely without PS but I would be kind of bored. I really enjoy 2 threads that I post on daily and have actually met a few of those wonderful people IRL. I enjoy seeing everyone's pretty jewelry and like reading through many of the discussions.

I'd get more reading done. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I wouldn't be lonely but yes I would miss PS.

I have made wonderful friends here with whom I have real life relationships (off line) and those would continue. But I would miss meeting lovely people here and reading interesting threads and seeing pretty bling.

So I would miss it but I would not be lonely. LOL As Marcy says I would get more reading accomplished. Haha since I became PS active I have read less books. :oops: Need to get going on that again, thanks for the reminder! :read:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I left the community for a few years because I felt it was necessary. I did indeed miss the community, but I certainly wasn't lonely.

Not that the community here isn't fun, or educational and its got its own drama as well, but its more of a diversion. Sometimes a very welcome one!

I would likely find things to fill my time if pricescope wasn't here. I'd probably buy more perfume, or more stuff for the dog.... :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, i would feel lonely in the "venting-anonymously" sense and the "diamond obsession" sense.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take breaks from time to time, so no, I wouldn't be lonely. I do miss it sometimes though.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not lonely, no; but perhaps bereft temporarily until I found another satisfying way to fill the PS time slot (which I think would be easily done with my other hobbies etc.).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too many people around to actually be lonely! :lol: But PS has been a part of my life for over 10 years and I have many friends here, and it is also my hobby. I enjoy helping people find diamonds and settings and I enjoy collecting on a small scale myself. Unless there is some catastrophic event in the world, I would think PS will be part of my world for as long as I can see and read this computer screen! :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't be lonely, but I would miss the eye candy as well as the wonderful community of PSers. :dance: PS is one of the things I do in my alone time. :wavey:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wouldn't feel lonely without PS because I go for long periods of time without having the time to check in and read and respond.

I *would* feel different without Facebook which is funny because I don't have any personal friends on my roster. It's 95% or more of my Pricescope friends and in some cases, their family members. I got to know people after thirteen years.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight, I went to a wedding with about 10 carats or just shy of 10 carats of diamonds on my person. No one noticed ANYTHING on me, save... the gal that said to me, "Tell me that's not a Cartier bracelet!" I nodded yes. " :shock: I know how much these cost!" So I jokingly replied (or not), "I negotiated this as 8 years of anniversary, birthday, christmas, and valentine's day gifts." Ahhh.... the power of advertising...Good job, Cartier, on making a gold love bracelet more recognizable than a 4.02 ct EC! She also mentioned her earrings are $15 swarovski crystals. I guess she probably thought that I was also dripping in swarovski :lol:

So yes, tonight's experience for sure taught me that I would be lonely without pricescope. Poor Miami... At least I don't have to worry about anyone trying to take her from me, because apparently diamonds make me invisible :sun: . Yup, if I were a superhero, I'd be one that turns invisible when she dons diamonds. My tag line "Donna dons diamonds done disappeared!" "She did, she did, she done diamond disappeared!" How's THAT a tongue twister!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pinto that's a great story.

I was actually having a similar thought about Cartier yesterday.

I have these two items on my wishlist.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272239461154?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Platinum, Nice diamonds. Beautiful timeless feminine design. 600 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301953794998?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Cartier. 18kt white gold. 2100.

Same vendor.
The power of advertising.

How have I missed your EC btw? Can you link me?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results