shape
carat
color
clarity

would this setting look good with an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
This is by Verragio, which my girlfriend likes. It''s currently set with a round center in every pic I''ve seen, but I want to know others'' opiinons about what it would look like with an Asscher.

Any other Verragio/Asscher suggestions are welcome, too!

http://www.billbarnes.com/product.asp?product=7215 (pics were protected, but I think it''s the same ring as the attached pic)

81687.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm... I don't really like the idea of an asscher center and round brilliant sides. I think the sparkle of the RBs would take away from the center.

There are several Verragios with baguette sides that I think might work better. For some reason the site won't let me copy the images, but here is the link to the site: Verragio. The Bellezza collection in particular seems to have lots of baguette settings.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I wouldn''t do rounds next to the asscher, not only b/c of the sparkle factor, I don''t think the ring would flow right, if that makes sense. Will Verragio even make that setting for a square stone?

I like DJ''s idea of doing something with baguettes for the sides...

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
While we're on the subject.

This ring was quoted by Whiteflash at $1800 (950 plat).

Thoughts?

lauren9wfb.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one that you posted the picture of more than the one that you have the link to.

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
THIS one was quoted at $1495.

wfwfwf1495.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Dont like the Verragio''s at all...for an asscher I would do either a plat solitaire style with claw prongs, plat with side baguettes (as Dee Jay suggested), or just a thin pave band....I would stay away from those channel set round bands....they may take away from the asscher, which sparkles completely differently from a round....just my $.02....
2.gif

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
I actually disagree, I think the round sidestones actually gives the asscher more character. I don''t think it takes away the beauty of the asscher since the sidestones are not as big as the center stones. In the end, it''s more of a personal preference, such as in my case, i prefer the round sidestones. Hope that helps!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
small rounds are fine in my opinion.
the first ring doesnt suit an asscher in my opinion.
the lines are too soft.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
they aren''t the same setting - they have different diamond swoops up the profile... I like the one above better but I don''t think either of them are really asscher settnigs.... better for rounds I think....
EUR-8015-Angle3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results