shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this bother you (clarity)?

confusedshopper1

Rough_Rock
This is a SI-1, eye clean diamond but the image (which is 10x? magnified) shows multiple reflections of a single feather on the pavilion side of the diamond as shown in the attached photo. Do you think this is something that you would be bothered by? Is this common?

Capture.PNG

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this stone over a carat or under? If under, I'd have no problem with it; over, I'd want to see it in person in my own lighting environments ... but I do like to look close at my bling, like 6 inches away ... YMMV

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same, no black inclusions.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
You won't notice them in real life and yes, if it's under one carat, it definitely won't be noticeable. But if you're leaning towards being unsure, find another stone :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
These look good to me. But, if you can see the stone in person to be absolutely sure that these inclusion bother you.

as DF said, it may or maynot be mind clean, and that is why having the stone in your hands may help.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, wouldn't bother me. I'm with the others...its the black inclusion that could draw my eyes that would bother me.

confusedshopper1

Rough_Rock
Is this stone over a carat or under? If under, I'd have no problem with it; over, I'd want to see it in person in my own lighting environments ... but I do like to look close at my bling, like 6 inches away ... YMMV

Over a carat! It's mentioned to be eye-clean but I should probably clarify if it's not noticeable from 6 inches away :O

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Definitely wouldn’t bother me. The stone will be so sparkly that you would almost certainly not be able to see these clear super magnified inclusions IRL

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not uncommon to see this and it would personally bother me if this is a large stone.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a lab diamond?

At any rate, for me, no, they would not bother me.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would you classify a large stone? 2ct+?

Ok, I see that you are looking at a 1.6ct stone, I personally prefer this one over the one you are considering: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095773.htm it’s a little bit smaller, but whiter and cheaper.

If size is a consideration and depending how far you can stretch your budget, I also really like this one: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4018635.htm

confusedshopper1

Rough_Rock
Ok, I see that you are looking at a 1.6ct stone, I personally prefer this one over the one you are considering: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095773.htm it’s a little bit smaller, but whiter and cheaper.

If size is a consideration and depending how far you can stretch your budget, I also really like this one: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4018635.htm

Thanks for sharing those! For the first one, do you think the leakage / additional green in the ASET is something you can tell when comparing to an ACA diamond?

Unfortunately the second is above budget. Probably around 13k is the max, so the 1.6 was already stretching it :(

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing those! For the first one, do you think the leakage / additional green in the ASET is something you can tell when comparing to an ACA diamond?

Unfortunately the second is above budget. Probably around 13k is the max, so the 1.6 was already stretching it :(
Understood regarding budget, $13k is still a very generous budget. I would ask WF, if possible, to provide a comparison between the two. Some might be able to see minimal difference in performance, others wouldn’t. I think that a comparison video/pics will tell you which one you gravitate toward.

confusedshopper1

Rough_Rock
Understood regarding budget, $13k is still a very generous budget. I would ask WF, if possible, to provide a comparison between the two. Some might be able to see minimal difference in performance, others wouldn’t. I think that a comparison video/pics will tell you which one you gravitate toward.

Makes sense, thanks for the suggestion :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results