shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this be considered eye clean?

cr0ss1507

Rough_Rock
Hi PS,

I am in search of an eye clean SI2, excellent round cut diamond. Looking at this GIA report, would this diamond be considered eye-clean? Will the clouds and crystals reduce the sparkle, brilliance of the diamond?

Attachments

• 2126894550.pdf
    550 KB · Views: 140

trueblue101

Shiny_Rock
cr0ss1507|1337874113|3202650 said:
Hi PS,

I am in search of an eye clean SI2, excellent round cut diamond. Looking at this GIA report, would this diamond be considered eye-clean? Will the clouds and crystals reduce the sparkle, brilliance of the diamond?

I am no diamond expert but I believe that one must inspect the diamond in person to determine if it is actually eye-clean. Sorry I cannot be more help to you.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You're going to want to have that diamond pulled and inspected in person. You can never tell if a diamond is going to be eye-clean based soley on a grading report.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
cr0ss1507|1337874113|3202650 said:
Hi PS,

Are you getting a super duper good deal on the diamond? I'm not sure if you want the combination of angles and numbers this stone has... it scores a 4.4 on the HCA, and I'm sure most would steer you away from it unless there's something about this stone you really like? :wavey:

cr0ss1507

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the tips. This is why I am asking the questions. In person I could not see any inclusions without the loupe. However, it didn't sparkle as much as I liked so thought it might have been the inclusions causing this. But it may actually be the light leakage.

They are asking $7.9k CAD for the stone.

Thanks!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
it's true that the plot tells us virtually nothing about how the inclusions look in person.
I know it sound weird to those who've not studied this= but sometimes a plot that looks horrible was made for a diamond that turns out to be eye clean- other times what seems like a small mark on the plot turns out to be a HUGE eye visible booger.

About the cut:
It's very important to remember that there's different levels of cut quality, just like there's different colors.
If a persona walks into a jewelry store asking for a $15,000 two carat diamond, they are likely to be told it's not available.
They may be shown a $30K G/VS2

If they ask about a J color SI1 diamond, they may be told "Oh that's a junky diamond, we don't carry poor quality"
Unfortunately, it happens all too often.

Comparing a "normal" GIA EX cut grade to a "super ideal" is really a similar situation.
There's value to the super ideal..... its worth more.
However the lower priced alternatives should not be dismissed out of hand.
Just like some people will actually prefer the J, some will prefer a more average well cut diamond.

The differences are there in both cases- and in both cases they are subtle.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'd honestly rather have a GIA excellent that gets slightly better scores. Also, that one is a little deep. Try sticking with 62.0 or less (or 62.3 at most). Sometimes the greater depth results in a smaller face up size, but this one isn't bad. I'd just try to look for crown angles of 34-35 and a pavilion angle of 40.6-41.0 and you'll get a better HCA score and a little less risk especially if you are choosing a stone from the grading report.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry, I guess I didn't answer your initial question but that's somewhat irrelevant. As others have stated, you have to see it in order to determine if it's eye clean; I've seen VS2 stones with inclusions that stick out like a sore thumb and SI's with inclusions that I could barely find.

I guess with an HCA score of 4.4 most would just reject the stone flat out, regardless of the clarity grade. =)

cr0ss1507

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone!! Your input is definitely helping me make my decision.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you found the HCA tool on here? It definitely helps to bookmark it on your smartphone when you're out and about considering H&A diamonds :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results