shape
carat
color
clarity

Would these table inclusions bother you on an otherwise great stone?

foodie100

Rough_Rock

Carat: 2.55

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Cut: Ideal

HCA: 1.5

Table: 57%

Depth: 61.3%

Crown: 34.5%

Pavilion: 40.9%

Fair price IMO, for an over 2 carat.

As you can see in the video, there are visible inclusions on the table. This stone is so great otherwise and is a strong contender and my perfect size. Inclusions don't really bother me, but I'd prefer to have them where a prong could hide. Do I care about inclusions that only I would notice, for a stone that has great sparkability/measurements? Would you include her in your search or discard?

Last edited:

Eellee44

Rough_Rock

Carat: 2.55

Color: H

Clarity: VS1

Cut: Ideal

HCA: 1.5

Table: 57%

Depth: 61.3%

Crown: 34.5%

Pavilion: 40.9%

Fair price IMO, for an over 2 carat.

As you can see in the video, there are visible inclusions on the table. This stone is so great otherwise and is a strong contender and my perfect size. Inclusions don't really bother me, but I'd prefer to have them where a prong could hide. Do I care about inclusions that only I would notice, for a stone that has great sparkability/measurements? Would you include her in your search or discard?
This is a VS1, you won’t be able to see those inclusions at all, only under a loupe. So no, it wouldn’t bother me.

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
Definitely not! You won’t be able to see them at all with your naked eyeballs.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a clarity-freak :razz: so inclusions bug me generally :lol:

I think the MMDs are graded somewhat softly in terms of clarity than GIA/AGS does with Mined stones, but then until the market for MMDs settles down and is more consistent, we are left to decide if we are happy with the prices offered for the quality offered!

Only you can decide if it will bug you, but at least you should have a Returns period to send it back at minimal / zero cost if it the inclusions do bug you.

It could be worth reading the threads posted recently regarding BE, though - I think they've not been covering themselves with glory in terms of customer service...

foodie100

Rough_Rock
I am a clarity-freak :razz: so inclusions bug me generally :lol:

I think the MMDs are graded somewhat softly in terms of clarity than GIA/AGS does with Mined stones, but then until the market for MMDs settles down and is more consistent, we are left to decide if we are happy with the prices offered for the quality offered!

Only you can decide if it will bug you, but at least you should have a Returns period to send it back at minimal / zero cost if it the inclusions do bug you.

It could be worth reading the threads posted recently regarding BE, though - I think they've not been covering themselves with glory in terms of customer service...
The buying from BE concerns me thanks to the stories on here.

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
The buying from BE concerns me thanks to the stories on here.
I purchased my lab from
BE and had no issues, I found their customer service during my search great. Granted, I didn’t need to return anything but I think if you are purchasing outright a return won’t be an issue. I purchased a VS2 and I can’t see a thing because there’s nothing to see with the naked eye.
If inclusions you can’t see bug you then definitely look for something IF.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results