shape
carat
color
clarity

Would Shogun be ok...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We are leaving tomorrow to go to my parents'' for Thanksgiving which is about 4 hours away. We''re planning for a much longer drive though since traffic will probably be bad. We''ll need to stop for dinner... do you think it would be ok if we left Shogun (our cat) in the car for an hour? The temperature has been in the 60s. The car doesn''t really stress him out... I''m just worried about the temperature. I don''t want him to get too hot or too cold. What do you guys think?

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I think he'd be fine--60s is comfortable, as long as the car isn't in the sun or anything. I'd check on him halfway though dinner and leave some water for him.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shouldn''t be a problem at all, especially if you have a nice kitty bed or something for him to curl up in.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there should always be fresh air, meaning a window cracked. and Shogun should always be in a cat carrier. i''d also park where i can see the car from where i''d be sitting. might seem a bit over the top but it beats having your car stolen and your holiday being ruined because your cat is gone.....

mz

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I probably wouldn''t... but it''s a personal thing. As long as there''s fresh air, I imagine he''ll be fine.

Couldn''t you grab a quick sandwich (ala Chick-fil-a) and eat in the car? I''m not a fast food gal, nor do I eat in my car BUT I''d do it just so I didn''t leave an animal alone.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 10:53:54 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
I probably wouldn''t... but it''s a personal thing. As long as there''s fresh air, I imagine he''ll be fine.

Couldn''t you grab a quick sandwich (ala Chick-fil-a) and eat in the car? I''m not a fast food gal, nor do I eat in my car BUT I''d do it just so I didn''t leave an animal alone.
I personally wouldn''t leave my cat either, but I do think Shogun would be fine as long as he''s in a cat carrier. My fear would be that he''d pee in the car!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not do that. Cars act like refrigerators in cold weather, and heaters in warm weather.
I would either pack a meal in a cooler, or grab something that we could eat in the car.

I tend to be very cautious when it comes to my pets'' safety, though.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, my first thought was to pack a picnic to take.......pull over to the side eat. good point re cars acting like refrigerators in the cold. again, it would really ruin that trip if Shogun got ill.......

mz

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 12:11:23 AM
Author: Haven
I would not do that. Cars act like refrigerators in cold weather, and heaters in warm weather.

I would either pack a meal in a cooler, or grab something that we could eat in the car.

I tend to be very cautious when it comes to my pets'' safety, though.

Ditto. I''d just pull over somewhere, stretch my legs and then eat in the car. I wouldn''t feel comfortable leaving my kitties in the car by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results