shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love your opinions on this stone..

RNK

Rough_Rock
Hey guys/gals, brand new member here, and I would love your opinions on this stone from Brilliant Earth. I know I know, if it were my choice I would NOT be going with them for my diamond purchase, but my lady really loves a setting they have that I have been unable to find anywhere else.

My budget it 3-4000(closer to 3 would be ideal) and cut and carat are the most important to me. If you guys can find a better option through Brilliant Earth, that would be awesome! Either way, any advice you have on this diamond would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

This is the diamond https://www.brilliantearth.com/rings/cyorings/view_diamond/7650403/?sid=3015415&is_tab=1

And this is the setting, in case you may know of somewhere with something similar https://www.brilliantearth.com/Thre...te-Gold-BE1M30D-3015415/?did=7650403&is_tab=1

Thanks again everyone!

RNK

Rough_Rock
The D color was just one of the ones that happened to fit into the proportions I had filtered. How white will an H color face? Can I trust an Si diamond from BE to be eye clean?

Thanks for your help!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
So I’m going opposite (although I agree that you don’t want the center stone color different from the mounting’s diamonds)... I would go for the higher color and clarity and not go for the fancy mounting. Personally, I think her taste will change with regard to that particular mounting so I say put the majority of the budget into the best quality stone you can get and that will be clearly evident and make much more of a statement than the embellished mounting.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @headlight on the setting. Especially with a limited budget, I think the budget should be more focused on the diamond and the setting should be more plain/inexpensive for a couple reasons: a) tastes change, b) the setting can be upgraded later for far than upgrading the diamond, and c) different wedding bands can really jazz up a more plain e-ring setting. GL!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys/gals, brand new member here, and I would love your opinions on this stone from Brilliant Earth. I know I know, if it were my choice I would NOT be going with them for my diamond purchase, but my lady really loves a setting they have that I have been unable to find anywhere else.

My budget it 3-4000(closer to 3 would be ideal) and cut and carat are the most important to me. If you guys can find a better option through Brilliant Earth, that would be awesome! Either way, any advice you have on this diamond would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

This is the diamond https://www.brilliantearth.com/rings/cyorings/view_diamond/7650403/?sid=3015415&is_tab=1

And this is the setting, in case you may know of somewhere with something similar https://www.brilliantearth.com/Thre...te-Gold-BE1M30D-3015415/?did=7650403&is_tab=1

Thanks again everyone!

A lot of vendors have similar settings, I'd try searching for "twisted vine" or "infinity" settings

Screenshot_20190523-072935_Chrome.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The D color was just one of the ones that happened to fit into the proportions I had filtered. How white will an H color face? Can I trust an Si diamond from BE to be eye clean?

Thanks for your help!
H will face up pretty white, especially in this size and next to other H colored stones. I agree with others that you shpild get her the setting she loves, but it's critical that she has actually tried on rings. I was set on either a 3 stone or pear shape, until I went into a store to try them on and realized I didn't like them on my hand as an engagement ring. I ended up with a round halo, and adore it. So she might like that style in pictures but not in person.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These GIA stones don't have #s inscribed on the girdle? Hard to ID.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
H will face up pretty white, especially in this size and next to other H colored stones. I agree with others that you shpild get her the setting she loves, but it's critical that she has actually tried on rings. I was set on either a 3 stone or pear shape, until I went into a store to try them on and realized I didn't like them on my hand as an engagement ring. I ended up with a round halo, and adore it. So she might like that style in pictures but not in person.

That was my experience as well. I spent months on the DeBeers website (probably showing my age) building designs that I loved (mainly fancy rings complete with halos and side stones), only to find out that none of them looked good on me. What I ended up getting was never what I would have picked based on pictures alone.

But again, we hear so many women on here who are upset that their FI decided for them what they *should* want, rather than listening to what they *did* want, that I think that regardless of anything else, if she has clearly indicated a ring that she wants (whether it's a brand name or a specific setting or a specific set of specs), it's best to respect that. Better to do it right the first time than to have to have an awkward discussion about returning and replacing something that is not right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results