shape
carat
color
clarity

would love more info about this ring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
So here''s what I know about it...

12 .12 carat diamonds and 2 .15 carat diamonds for a total of about 1 3/4 carats
They are very sparkly (I''m just a bad picture taker!)
Guessing to be VS clarity - we couldn''t see ANYTHING under the microscope
set in Platinum however the shank has been replaced at some point so there are no markings
Origianlly had those funny knob things on it to make it fit better
I posted this elsewhere - but it it normal for a diamond to be sparkly on both the topside and underside? When I turn it upsidedown it still shoots rainbows
33.gif

Estimated H or better in color
Found it at a pawn shop for $400

Thanks for the help!
35.gif

sohns191811.JPG

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I am no expert but I''d say that its from the 1940''s-1950''s...? I think it is common for diamonds to shine bottom & top. I think that if you take it to a reputable jeweler they can test the stones & metal for you.
Its pretty! Sounds like you got a good deal too!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 11:36:13 AM
Author:exoticisabella
So here''s what I know about it...

12 .12 carat diamonds and 2 .15 carat diamonds for a total of about 1 3/4 carats
They are very sparkly (I''m just a bad picture taker!)
Guessing to be VS clarity - we couldn''t see ANYTHING under the microscope
set in Platinum however the shank has been replaced at some point so there are no markings
Origianlly had those funny knob things on it to make it fit better
I posted this elsewhere - but it it normal for a diamond to be sparkly on both the topside and underside? When I turn it upsidedown it still shoots rainbows
33.gif

Estimated H or better in color
Found it at a pawn shop for $400

Thanks for the help!
35.gif
first off...the ring was a killer deal if information is correct! yes,you can see sparkle in the pavillion of a diamond(the underside)the ring is more modern then old...this style is still being made today.In my opinion the ring may date from the 60s to 70s....its a real winner and i hope you really enjoy it!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Thanks :). I got if from my favorite pawn shop. The center stone for my E-ring is either a transitional stone or an OEC (haven''t figured out the diff. yet), just under a half carat, BEAUTIFUL cut, strong fluorescence which I think helps it face up like an H/I, and SI1 (need a microscope to see anything - so I think SI ??) for $200. My hubby hates that I have to stop at every pawn shop I see to go hunting for treasures
41.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 9:08:01 PM
Author: exoticisabella
Thanks :). I got if from my favorite pawn shop. The center stone for my E-ring is either a transitional stone or an OEC (haven''t figured out the diff. yet), just under a half carat, BEAUTIFUL cut, strong fluorescence which I think helps it face up like an H/I, and SI1 (need a microscope to see anything - so I think SI ??) for $200. My hubby hates that I have to stop at every pawn shop I see to go hunting for treasures
41.gif
i have been hunting pawnshops since i was 12 years old!Ive found some of my favorite pieces in pawn shops. my favorites that i could never sell or trade includes an 18 karat tri-color trinity ring (14 grams)for $49.00, a 14karat wheat chain(16 grams)for$80,a Gem-East natural nugget and .34point diamond ring((diamond is vs1-g)11grms for $200(the store i worked at the time displayed the same ring for$2400 in 1999)and a Hopi bracelet from the American Hopi council for $20(today these bracelets are being collected for about $400-700)and i saved it from being sold as scrap silver!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Exoticisabella - I read in another post that you''re from the Pac NW. . . just wondering which pawn shop you got this at. Thanks!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Hey, I guess I''m not from the pacific NW anymore
39.gif
. Wow do old habits die hard! I used to live in northern idaho - panhandle - which is the edge of the pacific NW and I''ve been in southern Idaho for a couple years now. I can''t wait for the day when I can head back north. Anyway, in northern Idaho I love the Pawn 1''s and in southern Idaho Vista pawn was pretty fun...but, they''ve started sending their diamond stuff out for "appraisals" and we all know how that can turn out
38.gif
40.gif
. Most things are priced just under the "apprisal" value - which is rediculous. Anyway, I just love to stop at any and all pawn shops
36.gif

35.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 8:42:13 PM
Author: exoticisabella
Hey, I guess I''m not from the pacific NW anymore
39.gif
. Wow do old habits die hard! I used to live in northern idaho - panhandle - which is the edge of the pacific NW and I''ve been in southern Idaho for a couple years now. I can''t wait for the day when I can head back north. Anyway, in northern Idaho I love the Pawn 1''s and in southern Idaho Vista pawn was pretty fun...but, they''ve started sending their diamond stuff out for ''appraisals'' and we all know how that can turn out
38.gif
40.gif
. Most things are priced just under the ''apprisal'' value - which is rediculous. Anyway, I just love to stop at any and all pawn shops
36.gif

35.gif
Ive lived in the rexberg/idaho fall areas when i was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results