shape
carat
color
clarity

Would like some help with my proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
I have been thinking of proposing for sometime now and I think I have it all planned out but would like any advice that could make the proposal more special. I want to do a scavenger hunt. I also know the importance of the element of surprise so lately I have been coming up with little games to play so that hopefully the scavenger hunt will seem to be an extention of that. My plan is to go to her house early one morning when I know she doesn''t have to work andf to place two manilla envelopes on her car. One will be labled open first and the other will say top secret. The first envelope will explain the game and tell her to text me if she accepts and then to open the other envelope with her first clue. The clues will lead her around to places that we hang out and places that have special significants to us like where we first kissed. Along the way she will get a new clue and a small gift at each stop. Then I plan on the last clue telling her she will get another message that will tell her where to meet me for dinner for doing such a great job on the "hunt". I will direct her to downtown and when she gets there I will meet her in a horse drawn carriage. We will take a ride and stop somewhere nice where I will propose and then off to dinner to celebrate. Also plan on trying to get a friend or two of mine to follow her for the day so they can get pics and videos of the process.

So my question is, does that sound like a good idea?
What can I do to improve on the idea?

Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
will try to add a picture soon

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of the ring...it is .55 ct pear shaped diamond with a 14k white gold band....there are two round side stones to the left and right of the ring .20 ct.

1205090213.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s a great idea and it reminded me of this Amazing Race Proposal!! How do you plan on giving her a new clue at each place? And I think she will see the proposal coming if cameras, first kiss location, etc are involved...

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
Hey bora thanks for the response.

As far as getting the clues to her, a lot of places that we go are places where there are people working and we know most of them so I would use them to give her the clues....as far as the pictures I would want the pictures to be taken without her realizing it so as to keep the element of surprise.....I know that they wouldn''t be the best pictures but its will still capture the individual moments of the scavenger hunt and I would like to get that. I guess I could leave her a camera and say she has to take a picture at each place with the clue to "verify" that she has been there. Would that work? If anyone else has any ideas that might work please chime in. Also I will try to add some better pics of the ring later because the picture that is up is horrible....I didn''t have my camera on me so I used my 2.0 mp cell phone camera....the ring really is a lot more breathtaking than the current pic would have you believe. Thanks!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You picked a beautiful ring.

I love your idea of a scavenger hunt. The games you''re doing now should help keep the surprise. I do think that as she goes to these special places she''ll catch on to what is happening BUT I don''t think that is bad. What a great way to build excitement and give her memories of a wonderful day.

Pictures:
Have a friend follow behind but don''t be shocked if they are seen by her.

or

Since you know people who work at the places she''ll be going to, you could have them take her picture after giving her the next clue and the gift. Wouldn''t even have to be a secret.

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 11:46:05 AM
Author: TooPatient
You picked a beautiful ring.

I love your idea of a scavenger hunt. The games you''re doing now should help keep the surprise. I do think that as she goes to these special places she''ll catch on to what is happening BUT I don''t think that is bad. What a great way to build excitement and give her memories of a wonderful day.

Pictures:
Have a friend follow behind but don''t be shocked if they are seen by her.

or

Since you know people who work at the places she''ll be going to, you could have them take her picture after giving her the next clue and the gift. Wouldn''t even have to be a secret.
I really like that idea and this will prob be the way i will go because I really want pictures of that day...i think they will be a great keepsake.

Aulie

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love this idea! I think it is really obvious, but so what! It''s very romantic.

The ring is gorgeous as well.

Just wondering, what kind of games have you been getting her to play to try and hide your true intentions?

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
So far just little games like Custom Made "who wants to be a millionaire" and "jeopardy". Soon though I plan on making games that involve outdoors.....just kinda cold for that right now. I don''t know exactly what games yet but currently working on that. Any suggestions? I know that the idea seems like it is obvious and I know I can''t stop that but my thing is I want to set up other things that look like they could be leading to proposals so that even if she suspects something when it comes to the scavenger hunt that she won''t know for sure until the moment when I drop to one knee.

I think that if you both have mentioned getting married, and I am assuming you are planning to do this either Christmas or New Years, then she will be pretty suspicious. But you are right, we never know until we reach the end.

I''d make sure that she likes those games. Some people get annoyed with scavenger hunts and games, have no patience. And if she''s suspicious either the games will get more exciting or more frustrating. More on that, you don''t want it to go on for too long and ruin her mood.

You picked a beautiful ring! I think that she''ll love it. What size is it? And will you post hand pics when you do propose and she says yes? (hopefully!)

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
I actually was thinking of waiting til the end of January because I think it is cliche to propose during the holidays....not that there is anything wrong with it...just not my style. I will put pics of the hand shot when I get them
26.gif

Still going to try to post some more pics of the ring when I get the chance.

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
oh....and the ring is a size 5 1/2.

and wondering how many clues do you all think is a good amount? I want to make sure it is fun and that she isn''t frustrated. I was thinking of using about 7 or 8 clues total.

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
Here goes a better picture of the ring!

ringformybaby.jpg

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
She said yes!!!! Unfortunatly it was still too cold for a carriage ride so the scavenger hunt led her to the restaurant where we started dating. Fortunatly that exact booth was open and I requested it. I ordered out dessert before she cam and got them to hid the ring box with the dessert. We had a lovely dinner and then it was time for the big surprise. It was crazy how quick people realized what was going on and started watching us. It was a great moment and she loved the ring!!!!

Pics coming soon!!

enigma27407

Rough_Rock
this was the dessert when it was brought out

dessert00000.JPG

reader

Brilliant_Rock
It looks wonderful on her and congrats!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice. Congratulations to you both!
36.gif

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results