shape
carat
color
clarity

Would color be noticeable in this stone?

NoviceAP

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Below is a snapshot of the diamond I was looking at, and while it faces up white, I can see slightly brown tint from the side of the stone. The vendor said because this is a 40x magnification video, whatever tint I can see shouldn’t be visible to the naked eye. Still, I wanted to get your opinion. Do you think it’ll be visible once it is in a setting and when I wear it? Or do you think this much shouldn’t be visible?

33CDA889-CBAA-41F5-8E8E-75F723471F5E.jpeg

And this is the face up view:

F234D044-83D3-4194-8386-094A4BA51D15.jpeg

Thank you all!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like the reflections you see won't be noticible. It doesn't look like a "true" brown tint to me.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

Below is a snapshot of the diamond I was looking at, and while it faces up white, I can see slightly brown tint from the side of the stone. The vendor said because this is a 40x magnification video, whatever tint I can see shouldn’t be visible to the naked eye. Still, I wanted to get your opinion. Do you think it’ll be visible once it is in a setting and when I wear it? Or do you think this much shouldn’t be visible?

33CDA889-CBAA-41F5-8E8E-75F723471F5E.jpeg

And this is the face up view:

F234D044-83D3-4194-8386-094A4BA51D15.jpeg

Thank you all!

Tough to say from those pics alone, but if the stone is H and below in color, you may be able to detect the tint from the side and at angle.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you posted specs somewhere? It doesn’t look brown but what was it graded?

NoviceAP

Rough_Rock
Have you posted specs somewhere? It doesn’t look brown but what was it graded?

It is graded H but it was from IGI not GIA so i’m inclined to think it’s probably a grade or two lower. What do you think?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You need to see any diamond you are considering buying with the right of a full refund if you are not happy with it. It is YOUR eyes that will know if YOU like it or not.

Wink

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is graded H but it was from IGI not GIA so i’m inclined to think it’s probably a grade or two lower. What do you think?
I would avoid all IGI stones because you don't know what you're getting in terms of color/clarity. So you're paying for an H, but getting something different. I would only consider gia or ags, because with them you know what you're paying for.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
To be honest it is impossible to say from photos. I have an AGS H colour. I can see a small amount of tint from the side from time to time. Whether or not you can see it, and if it bothers you, is very individual

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Is this a man made diamond?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Second @Wink.

GIA's 'near colourless' range colvers extremely faint shades - not seen as 'colour' proper, except in LARGE volume... It so happens that macro photography exagerates transparent colours this way - seeing colour in small volumes as if there were enormously more - either of colour density or of mass... (if only!)

This effect ought to be dealt with already in grading procedures - I never knew how...

2c

(from informal memories of colour theory - out of bauhaus collections... FYI)

NoviceAP

Rough_Rock
Is this a man made diamond?

This one is a natural diamond.

Thanks @Wink. I will ask them to share another video or pictures under different lighting but if I do end up going with this, I should be able to return it for free.

Thanks @AV_ what you are saying sounds promising!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results