shape
carat
color
clarity

Would anyone care to enable me?

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I've been lurking around the Pearl forum for a little while and I'm coming out of the closet to ask for your collective wisdom.

I'm getting married next July and I've chosen a wedding dress in a colour they call "oyster" (appropriate, no?). To my eye this is a mushroom-y silver with undertones of pink. My sister (the bridesmaid) has fallen in love with a hot pink and orange dress from Kate Spade.

Since there seems to be a bit of a pink theme emerging here, what are your thoughts on getting a strand (or several strands a la DiaDiva and elle_chris :Up_to_something: ) of lavender pearls to bring out the pink in the dress? I LOVE littlegreykitten's dark lavender strand and that's what got me thinking...

PS. Will try to attach some pics to show you colours so far.

Pronovias-Mermaid-Oyster-2009-2.jpg

Kate Spade Bridesmaid for El.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't know about the pearls but I lovvvve the dress!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, RockHugger. It's a very popular Pricescope choice- there's a huge thread in BWW about the La Sposa Fanal because it looks great on all shapes and sizes :))

Of course, once I got the dress sorted I started on the jewellery musings :Up_to_something: I was originally considering a BGD hair piece (when else are you going to have an opportunity to wear diamonds in your hair?!) but I think some Pearllunar pearls are probably a better fit with the budget. The dress is quite classic and elegant with a twist, so I thought some coloured pearls would be too :bigsmile:

Any other thoughts/suggestions out there?

Littlegrey kitten, how long did you have to wait to find just the right shade of lavender at Pearllunar?

I just want to say that pearls sometimes "change color" with the environment. They can look different on different skin colors/ tone, the lighting, and the color of shirt you are wearing. I would maybe recommend keeping an open mind on pearl colors due to this..Are you against white pearls?

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your advice, bean. I am open to suggestions from the experts! I'm not at all against white pearls, but I'd probably choose something larger/baroque/layered rather than a petite single strand. But then who knows?!

Does it help if you know my colouring? I'm very pale (almost blue :)) ) with green eyes and dark brown hair. I usually wear colours with a cool overtone rather than warm (so I would choose really white/silvery/blue-ish pearls rather than warmer ivory shades).

LOL I think I misread something.. are the pearls for you and your maids or just for you? I thought you meant the purple strands for the bridesmaids ?? I'm sorry I've had a long day :wacko:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, bean, I just read over my post and I'm not making myself very clear :loopy:

The lavender strand/s would be for me (the bride).

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the heads up, bean :)) I've been in contact with PP too so I'm interested to see what they suggest...

I have also been meaning to say that I love your new avatar- so many sparkles!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results