shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst luck with my wedding set!

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
My first e-ring got damaged and had to be remade now I can't find my wedding ring! The last time I saw it was when I took it off when I was getting the stone removed from my e-ring to sell and I haven't seen it since. I have looked high and low. I finally gave up and called the insurance company today. This is a different insurance than when my e-ring got damaged so I hope they are as easy to deal with as Travelers.

So now I have no diamond in my e-ring while I wait for that to sell and get my new stone and no wedding ring. Basically I'm blingless :(( I never take it off in public and the one time I break that rule...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm sorry makhro82! Sending you good luck dust so it all works out for you and that the new set you finally get will be your dream set making all this aggravation worth it.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Well I just looked up information about Allied (Nationwide) and it seems awful. I hope this is not the case :(

Pinkelli

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
What a sucky situation, but if it helps I have a story about my wedding set too

Within a year of getting married I lost my engagement ring, I was pregnant and asked my husband to put it in his pocket while at the shops. I asked him to check on it while shopping and he did, all was fine, however I heard a small noise but thought nothing of it, after all we had just checked on my ring- later I realised that must of been the noise of it falling out and onto the floor to be found by some lucky person :( really upset as this was a ring bought for me when I was visiting my husband in South Africa (when we first got together) we were so young (he was still at uni) and he borrowed the money from his grandmother, I thought we really couldn't afford a ring at all and he surprised me with it at our engagement party.

Then about 2 years later I was vacuuming and our small daughter was following me around the house and she grabbed my wedding ring from my bedside table, she put it in her mouth and in the time it took me to put the vacuum down and get to her it disappeared. We took her to the hospital in case she swallowed it, but they couldn't find it, we ripped up the floor boards and used my dads metal detector, but no luck!

So although I can't help, I can definitely relate! I hope it works out for you:)

Amy

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
I found it! Thank goodness. I was talking to the adjuster on the phone and I went to get my notebook off of my bookshelf to write down the information and I saw it. It had fallen down the back of the bookcase where the shelving is! Saved me from some heartache and a higher premium I'm sure. I did learn that I will probably switch insurance though. They tried to convince me to use their "replacment team" rather than issuing a check even though that was an option, however, there was no deductible. This was Allied insurance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO glad you found it! It really can be very detrimental to your premiums if you make relatively small claims or they might drop you. I don't insure my wedding band for that reason. It is worth it to me for an e-ring because it would be extremely painful to have to replace it out of pocket. But claims hurt you down the road in higher premiums, so you might want to consider that it might cost you more in the long run to make a small claim. Even a new insurer is going to ask if you have made claims in the last few years.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1379729767|3524542 said:
SO glad you found it! It really can be very detrimental to your premiums if you make relatively small claims or they might drop you. I don't insure my wedding band for that reason. It is worth it to me for an e-ring because it would be extremely painful to have to replace it out of pocket. But claims hurt you down the road in higher premiums, so you might want to consider that it might cost you more in the long run to make a small claim. Even a new insurer is going to ask if you have made claims in the last few years.

That is so ridiculous! It shouldn't even be allowed. With Travelers they didn't punish me for that claim but my auto insurance rate sure did go up significantly two years later. I know Chubb is the popular recommendation here. Any other suggestions? I am thinking of not doing it as scheduled property when my policy renews.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
makhro82|1379731467|3524567 said:
diamondseeker2006|1379729767|3524542 said:

That is so ridiculous! It shouldn't even be allowed. With Travelers they didn't punish me for that claim but my auto insurance rate sure did go up significantly two years later. I know Chubb is the popular recommendation here. Any other suggestions? I am thinking of not doing it as scheduled property when my policy renews.
:appl: so happy you found it!! A lot of PSers use Jewellers Mutual. I use USAA now but haven't needed to use their services yet (thankfully) but I hear good things from others that have.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
I just went through this - although I got a new ring - the other one is gone, gone, gone!

I did (and do) schedule mine as part of my homeowner's insurance. The first ring was insured for $30k. Their wholesaler first offered me $14k - I ended up getting them to a little over $20k, plus sales tax.

I changed my scheduled coverage to "agreed value" coverage - it was $12 more a year, and I have to get a new appraisal yearly.

Looked at switching to another company - it was MUCH more expensive than scheduling it as part of my homeowner's policy.

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Christina...

I would love to get USAA. My grandfather was military and he died when I was very young so I never got to get that passed down to me. I hear they are the best for insurance, loans, banking, everything! Heck I work in banking and always tell my military customers to check with them.

Tinatark:

When it gets closer I'm going to really have to look into it. I'll have to ask if I have agreed value coverage. My prior claim was three years ago so I hopefully shouldn't be getting punished for that anymore.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results