shape
carat
color
clarity

Worried

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been dealing with this for about a month now, and I don''t really want to talk to my friends about it at this point, but I feel like I need to get it out to someone. A few weeks ago I started feeling some lower abdomen pain. I ignored it for about 2 weeks because it wasn''t too bad, but as it got worse I called my gyno. She said she would send me for tests or have me come in if it really hurt a lot, but since it wasn''t too bad at that point I made an appointment for 2 weeks from then (the soonest I could get) and figured if it still hurt at that point I would go, otherwise I would cancel. My doctor said to call her back if it got much worse.

That following weekend, it got MUCH worse to the point where it hurt to walk or even lay down. I tried to get in touch with my doctor and finally reached her 2 days later. She told me to come in and when she listened to my symptoms she said she thought it was a urinary tract infection. Coincidentally I had an appointment with an internist that day also who agreed it was a UTI. I started taking antibiotics and within a few days some of the pain went away but I still felt pain specifically in my lower left abdomen. Anyway, long story short I spoke to my gyno and she said she got the official results from the UTI test and they were negative. So it was never a UTI in the first place. She sent me for a pelvic ultrasound today and as the woman was doing the ultrasound she pressed against something and it hurt a LOT. So I told her and asked what it was she was pressing on - she said it was my left ovary.

Now I know I''m probably overreacting and thinking the worst about this since I don''t know anything for sure yet... but my mom has a history of cysts and fibroids, miscarriages, and an ectopic pregnancy. I know I''m young and the likelihood of me having those issues right now is low, but still. It worries me.

Does anyone have any experiences similar to this?

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest... I talk to DH about it, but he''s even more worried than I am (especially because he doesn''t understand how it could hurt so much and be nothing) so I don''t want to worry him more by telling him I''m really worried about it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call your Dr. and see if they''ve got the results from the ultrasound yet. I don''t know how your Dr''s office works, but we do our urine tests in house, so have the results in 5 minutes, so if it''s negative, we can look at other possibilities right away, and you don''t have to take unnecessary antibiotics. Did she do a pelvic exam or anything? I''d call the office and see what you can find out. It''s certainly no fun to be in pain and worried like that, and who wants to go the whole weekend wondering what the heck is going on?

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lilac,
I had similar type of pain a few years ago that turned out to be a combination of a UTI and a kidney stone. Kidney stones are rarer in women, but it happens. You could have your doc check out that option.

I''m sorry I don''t have much help to offer with regards to ovarian problems. But I feel for you, and I''m really hoping and praying for the best. The only advice I can offer is to not let your imagination get carried away thinking up what could be wrong. I know that''s really hard to do because I tend to think the worst. But fortunately, from what I have heard, all of the diagnoses you mentioned are entirely treatable, despite being horribly annoying and frightening.

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Ectopic is unlikely, but nothing to fool around with. Your Dr. will want to rule that out ASAP.

If it''s just an ovarian cyst, probably half of the women on this board will have one sooner or later. I think Alley recently went through this? Often they go away on their own. If they don''t, it''s a simple procedure to have it removed and shouldn''t affect future child bearing. It''s actually easier to get pregnant with one ovary than two according to my OB/GYN.

Anyway, try not to worry and follow up with the Dr.
1.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like an ovarian cyst to me. I have had several, and they cause a lot of pain if they leak or rupture. Sometimes you can get pain in your shoulder blades when you breath. This is because you have blood around your liver, and your liver refers the pain to your shoulder. It really hurts a lot.
I have also had kidney stones and uti''s but this sounds more like an ovarian cyst. One symptom I get is that they always make me feel constipated b/c everything gets squished inside. Hope you get your US results soon. Good luck1

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying my best not to think the worst, because the pain has lessened from how it was 2 weeks ago, however, it is still there when I move around and particularly when I press on my stomach. My doctor didn''t seem to think it could be an ectopic pregnancy (I never brought it up because I didn''t think of it until now, but I remember when my mom had one the pain got very very bad very very fast - not like this where it''s been going on for a few weeks, so I don''t think that''s what it is).

I''m actually hoping it''s just a cyst because from what I''ve heard from my doctor, all of your comments now, and online most of those are harmless or shrink by themselves. I just wish I was able to talk to my doctor but just my luck it''s the weekend now so I can''t find out the results of the ultrasound until at least Tuesday.

Thanks for the support, I actually feel a little better now that I''ve talked/posted about it
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results