shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW World’s longest project - My AVC diamond ring with an emerald halo by David Klass. Introducing, Clover.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This really has been the longest project I’ve ever worked on. I guess I’ll start with the very beginning. Just over a year ago, I purchased a gorgeous 1.59ct, O colored, ACV from August Vintage Inc (now Distinctive Gems). Unsurprisingly, @Rhino was a peach to work with and was happy to send me extra pics / videos and give his opinion on the color for this diamond newbie. I’ve lusted after his vintage cut cushions for years and my expectations were pretty high but this baby still blew me out of the water. It’s gorgeous!

Stats:
1.59ct
Color: O
Dimensions: 6.65 - 7.20 x 4.5
Clarity: VS2
5B48885E-ABA8-40DE-B7D5-C93D580464D1.jpeg

That purchase was just the beginning of a very long road for me. I spent months and months scouring the web for setting ideas. I knew I’d want a halo (because I’m a halo hoe :mrgreen:) but despite the numerous settings I had found and liked, nothing seemed to stick. Eventually, I had a light bulb moment and remembered that I’m a colored stone girl at heart. This baby was going to need some real color to work for me. I decided on an emerald halo. I found a setting I liked and and preformed a little mock up surgery to see how it could look.
Finally, my heart sang...

894AE50F-FFF8-4E89-B138-97137818F54B.jpeg

I immediately went to David Klass for some pricing and dang, those calibre cut emeralds are no joke. Still, it was totally worth it. I went forward with the project and spent many more months going back and forth on CADs. I’m sure I wore poor Amy’s patience way down (not that she ever said a thing, sweet woman that she is). If you’re interested in the overly long process I went through, here’s the thread. A special thanks to @Rfisher and @CHRISTY-DANIELLE who were super supportive and helpful. Thank you guys! :love:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-setting-an-o-colored-1-59ct-avc-diamond.252103/

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, this posted before I was actually ready. :lol:

Details:
- 1.59ct AVC (O colored).
- 18k White and rose gold.
- 1.88cts of custom cut French cut emeralds.
- .10cts of K color, VS clarity OEC diamonds.
- Size 4.75 with small sizing beads.

Anyways, I know we’re all just here for the pictures so here are the pics from David Klass. I’m uploading DK’s video next.
E8B88F6C-5F69-4805-83AF-AB6BB40D6BB5.jpeg

62493470-40A9-43CC-8EFF-203F2A531F8D.jpeg C0379712-095B-48FB-9D2F-FF3D9DE458BF.jpeg 7CF4D66C-1A2C-470F-9710-7BCDDCA0C3EE.jpeg

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow!

The big fat facets on the diamonds are gorgeous, and the Emeralds are very bright and vivid.

Looking forward to see the IRL pics, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone. And those emeralds make it pop!! (I've been craving me some beautiful emeralds too.) You have the patience of a saint to search and wait and wait. It was all worth it in the end. Can't wait to see hand shots.

So how long did this whole process take, from the time you found the AVC to the ring being in your hands?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Wow! Wow!!!!
(What’s that tube, btw?)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo it’s fab-u-lous! :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is so gorgeous :love: Love it!!!:love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Can’t wait for hand shots!

They should be shipping it out today so hopefully I’ll have it by Friday / Saturday. :mrgreen:

Wow, just wow!

The big fat facets on the diamonds are gorgeous, and the Emeralds are very bright and vivid.

Looking forward to see the IRL pics, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Thank you. There is something so great about those vintage cuts and the big facets. They are just so lovely IMO. :kiss2: Here’s hoping the emeralds look even better in person.

Thank you! I love it so much. :mrgreen:

Ooh, very nice!

Thank you. :D

Hubba hubba!
Awooga!
31E26336-99BE-4EB1-8585-91086C61956D.gif

You kill me, R! :lol: Thank you so much for all the help and emotional support you’ve given me over these last few months. It’s been quite the journey.;)2

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I have been following your journey with this ring and was actually thinking about reaching out on your other thread today for an update. I'm so glad it is done and can't wait to see hand shots!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!!

Thank you!:D

Gorgeous stone. And those emeralds make it pop!! (I've been craving me some beautiful emeralds too.) You have the patience of a saint to search and wait and wait. It was all worth it in the end. Can't wait to see hand shots.

So how long did this whole process take, from the time you found the AVC to the ring being in your hands?

Thank you. There were so many times I thought about going to a local B&M store to just get it set already. :lol:

The whole process took just over a year. I bought the diamond last October, found a setting I liked in early 2020, spent until June/July working on CADs and waited until today for it to be finished. The emeralds took a very long time being cut but it was worth it in the end because I just adore it! :love:

WOW! Wow! Wow!!!!
(What’s that tube, btw?)

Well, thank you! :mrgreen:
I‘m not sure. What is the “tube” you’re referring to?

Omg omg omg omg omg omg
OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMGOFMDBSOSNWJS
nsksneowndjekxnw
Jsjsjsjsjs

Just peed a little, be right back!

Bahahahaha...you’re too funny. :lol: That’s some high praise indeed. Lol.

Clover is a perfect name!!!! It’s beyond stunning Elle! I can’t wait to see hand shots.

Thank you so much! I never really thought about a name. I just started referring to it as “Clover” while I worked on CAD’s. Guess it stuck in my head. =)2

0D04DAAB-7765-49BA-859E-E3910D3720B7.gif

Wow!! Perfection!

Ooh, a JLo gif. Now I feel damn special. :mrgreen: Thank you.

Ooooo it’s fab-u-lous! :kiss2:

Thank you! I can’t wait to see it with my own eyes.:D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I trawled through your original thread, don't know how I missed it, probably because I don't venture into RT much as I am not in the market for another mined diamond.

I see what you mean about changing your mind etc... However, you knew the look that you are after and was able to make decisions and communicate effectively, rather than humming and arring. Good on you!

DK :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I knew how to insert these fancy meme’s/gifs/whatever these are called because mere words don’t do this stone and this ring justice. Can’t wait for handshots!!!

That is quite the compliment coming from you. Thank you so much! :kiss2:
Side note: I’m still trying to figure out how people insert profile pics that move. Guess we all have something. Lol

OMG that is going to look so freaking good on you!! I love it!

Thank you! I seri can not wait to have it on my finger! :mrgreen:

Whooop!!
Elle it's fantastic!! All the extra time and tweaks were SO worth it! I can't wait to see it on you!! Ecstatically excited for you!!

Thank you so much. You’re help was invaluable to me. You helped me figure out the gallery and that was a huge area of indecision for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :kiss2:

It is so gorgeous :love: Love it!!!:love:

Thank you so much! :love:

I love it! I have been following your journey with this ring and was actually thinking about reaching out on your other thread today for an update. I'm so glad it is done and can't wait to see hand shots!

It took quite a while for the ring to be made (most of which was cutting the emeralds). Thank goodness it was well worth the wait.
I’m glad to know I wasn’t the only one impatient to see it finished.:lol:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness! what a magical enchanting ring. it looks like something straight out of a fairytale. the green swooping princessy halo is where it's at. i adore how you enhanced the elongated shape which is most flattering.

may i trouble for an image of the ring on your hand??

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful in every way! Love the gallery, emerald halo, two-toned setting, everything!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You kill me, R! :lol: Thank you so much for all the help and emotional support you’ve given me over these last few months. It’s been quite the journey.;)2

aww! :blush: thank you for the same- right back at you!

and for you and @yennyfire
It’s the same as including a picture in a thread or your profile pic. Save an already made gif to your camera roll or create one that’s 2seconds short thru an app like ‘video to gif’. I’ve seen some crystal clear profile pic gifs here ( @the_mother_thing ) - but I can’t seem to get them that clear. Probably a different app?

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh what a beauty. I love how unique this is. The green really brings another depth of color to your avc. The setting is perfection. It's a stunning ring. Can't wait for hand pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results