Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Working on my setting - thoughts?

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I am trying to put together ideas for my setting.

(I don't know if I am looking for advice, commiseration, or if I am mostly just thinking out loud here. Any input is welcome, of course.)

My stone is 1.81/L/OEC.

BF bought it last week, so I'm within the return window. However, I am pretty smitten with it.

That said, I would like a gallery that minimizes the size view where it seems more tinted.

Where I am really struggling at the moment is bezel vs. prong.

Right now I am leaning:
-platinum
-bezel - thin!
-fine milgrain
-gallery with petals? (flexible here - maybe this choice shows too much side view?)
-plain shank

Inspiration pics:

thin bezel - too thin?
6a00e5503c889888330168e4d11def970c-800wi.jpg

Gallery ideas-
il_570xn_200.jpg

18k-rose-gold-bezel-diamond-engagement-ring-lin_ny-jotw-1.jpg

pinkywologo3_0.jpg

ring-2-2_0.jpg

I also like CvB's Dahlia (the shank + gallery) - would this work with a fine bezel top? Or a rounded/less floral top?

11109810_359383527601595_1928987991764793833_n.jpg

I am not 100% set on petals. If anyone else had similar thoughts initially, but went another way I would love to see what you chose.

I may make a separate post about bands. I am wondering if theWF ring with rounds and tiny milgrain will be too white? I am considering that one.

Missy - if you see this (I am not sure how to tag yet!) where did you get your thin band with the hammering/engraving?
I think I want some bling on the band but I am very drawn to your engraved band. (Both your bands, actually!) :)

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try CVB inspired designs on Etsy. Caysie Van Bebber makes beautiful settings and the compliment OEC's quite nicely. She does beautiful work and has a few engraved bands on her website as well. You may also look at her instagram. Good luck. :wavey:

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Queenie60|1474576684|4079671 said:
Try CVB inspired designs on Etsy. Caysie Van Bebber makes beautiful settings and the compliment OEC's quite nicely. She does beautiful work and has a few engraved bands on her website as well. You may also look at her instagram. Good luck. :wavey:
Thanks!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.