shape
carat
color
clarity

Working on my idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lucky Kid

Rough_Rock
I am thinking sometime mid month July I am going to propose, That should give me enough time get the ring(picked out) ask the parents and prepare everything. Here is my idea.

We move into our 10 story downtown apartment the end of June and it has a great sun deck. I work on Saturday nights and she does not. I start at 5 and work till midnight. I am going to take the night off w/o her knowledge and while she is at home thinking I am at work I will decorate the sun deck with flowers twinkle lights and fabric as well as prepare a desert for two. 20 minutes before sunset I will knock on the door but leave a package, flowers, and a card that reads meet me on the sun deck in 20 minutes. And hopefully get away before she opens the door. In the box I will have her favorite dress ironed and ready to go along with her favorite shoes. She will have flower pedals and music leading her up the last set of stairs and I will be waiting. When she walks up to me I will pull out the box get down on one knee and tell her "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you... (name) Will you marry me?" I am almost positive she will say yes. While we are eating desert and enjoying the sunset I will have my sister or my buddies quick clean the apartment; light some candles, lay out rose pedals and pour two glasses of champagne where we will spend the first night of our lives together.

I have a lot of time to work out the details but I am liking that. She doesn''t do public and can''t eat a lot of food before hand or after. She also knows its coming because I pretty much laid out a 1-6 month time frame. Any input or creative ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Roy

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a great idea. I love the element of suspense with leaving the box at the door and then having her change into her favorite outfit and meet you in 20 minutes. Your idea will give her a very intimate and private proposal--how wonderful!

If you want to be creative you can add some personal touches to the deck decorations--maybe string up photos of the two of you throughout your relationship, find an antique ring box, things like that.

When you say you''re almost positive she''ll say yes, are you being facetious? Have you two discussed this before?

Good luck, I can''t wait to hear how it goes!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I think she is going to absolutely love it. She knows it''s on the horizon, but you found a great way to create a lovely "surprise" experience for her. Since you think she will prefer a private proposal this is also a very nice idea. I''m assuming that this sun deck is not part of your apartment, but rather on the roof? Can others access it? If you can''t guarantee exclusive use, you may have to plan a little differently. I love the touch of giving her 20 minutes to "get ready" with her favorite dress already ironed. Unless you''re sure what she''ll want to do after (run and tell her mom, friends; sit oogley eyed looking a the ring and you; go out dancing; whatever) I''d avoid making any specific plan for after. You may want to have an idea, but you can just let that part flow. The important part is the before and the during and it sounds like you have that down.

Jim D.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results