shape
carat
color
clarity

Wooden fencing anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PugLover

Rough_Rock
We are looking to get some board on batten style fencing for our yard, so that the doggies can run around safely. The board on batten style is solid, so you cannot see through it at all, but it''s a bit more pretty to look at since the boards of the fence alternate in that one sticks out a bit and the next one is recessed and the next one sticks out a bit again. My question is - we can save a bit of $$ if we go with the one made with two 2x4s on the backside of the fence, vs three 2x4a -- is it worth it? Anyone have a fence with only 2 2x4s? Does the wood "warp" and the fence become crooked over time?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I had to look it up because I''m not up on fence names. It''s beautiful. Good choice! I would go with the 3 boards because I have a warped, cracking, falling-over fence at the moment and I''m kind of bitter about it (it''s only 3 years old!!!). Mine has 3 boards, but obviously of inferior quality. I don''t think the 2 boards would give you enough strength to prevent warping. But obviously, talk to the fence people about it... lots of them. Good luck!

I have the "board on board" kind of fence... the alternating pickets so there is no backside. It''s pretty, and it''s private, but, well, I''m trying to get it fixed right now...

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
We have what we call a "good neighbor" privacy fence where the boards alternate - one on one side and the next on the other side so the fence is pretty no matter which side you are on. I''m not sure how old the fence is (5 years?) but it looks new.

Off topic - how many pugs do you have? We have 2 - Chewie and Nessa.

Jess

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Sumbride - that's kind of what I was thinking, 3 boards may be best, interesting that yours is warped after 3 years! hmm.. Thank you for your opinion!

Diva Diamond - is there space between the slats? is it the board on board style? It would be ideal for it to look nice without a backside, but it wouldn't work if there were spaces in between. And we have 3 puggies!! Some people think we are a bit nuts bc we have three dogs
19.gif
but hey, we have the space, the resources and the love!! They are one spoiled bunch, their names are Maggie (fawn), Macho (fawn) and Max (black). It seems that there are several pug owners on pricescope
36.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
There are spaces in between the slats since they alternate. Spaces are not huge - pugs can''t get their.....ummmm....faces(?) through so we don''t worry about them escaping. When they hear people walking by though they do push their faces way up against the spaces to try to see out - it''s funny since they don''t have snouts
10.gif

Both of our pugs are fawn - Chewie is 2 and Nessa will be 6 in July. People refer to us as "the crazy pug people" because of their antics. My parents also have two pugs - both fawn - ages 7 and 8. We all get together and go to a local pug play group and it''s awesome! There''s usually about 30 pugs that go and it''s so much fun to watch them play.

Jess

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Diva - I think I know which style you''re talking about, though I think that probably won''t work since when they see anyone they bark like crazy, we''d like to avoid that. We have another puggie on our block that we play with from time to time and actually, once a year there is a pug party in one of the bars in the city (we''re in Chicago). There are hundreds of pugs that show up, they have costume contests, food, and doggie stuff. It''s a lot of fun
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think that type of fence is lovely. Most fences made of board require maintenance in the form of either painting or giving water seal treatment. If you do this, the likelihood of deteriation over time is greatly reduced. That and it helps keep the fence looking really nice and rich in color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results