shape
carat
color
clarity

Woo hoo!!! We''re engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ladies -

It finally happened!!! M and I had a fabulous day in wine country and our limo driver took us everywhere, but at our next to last winery, where we went to have a picnic, the timing proved perfect and M finally popped the question! It was at Reverie Winery on Diamond Mountain off the Silverado trail, a tiny little boutique winery specializing in cabernet sauvignon (my favorite!). We were 2 of only 4 people on property... we had personal attention from our host, lots of lovely samples, and had just put in an order for a very special bottle of reserve wine that can be laid down for 10 years if we have the patience... the guy said "this would be perfect for an anniversary..." then he retreated to line up our bottles, and we had some time alone in a grove of redwoods, and over our sandwiches, M said "you dropped something a while back" and as I said "huh?" he pulled out a velvet box with a diamond infinity pendant to replace the one I lost about 3 months ago... then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was perfect, and I cried tears of joy for a while, and he struggled to fasten it around my neck, but I ended up doing it... then we started calling all our friends and family and I told the winery guy that I would always remember his winery because we just got engaged and he said "we''re here when you need wine for the wedding!!!"

We went on to our last winery, Sterling, and up on the cable car he said "I''d planned to do it here but couldn''t have guaranteed we''d be alone..." and I said "it was perfect!!!" I barely tasted the wines at Sterling... just so excited the whole time. The limo driver had a bottle of champagne for us so we polished that off on our trip back to the hotel, and now we''re sort of ripped, waiting to sober up to go to dinner!

He says he waited until the last day so that I would be happy on the trip home since I tend to get sad at the end of vacation, and he said he''d had this planned for a year, ever since we decided we were going to Napa. His whole family knew last week and somehow managed to keep it quiet, but my suspicions were right... I just know him too well.

I''m so happy, so excited, and now, when we get back to Maryland, we get to go ring shopping!!! Woo hoo!!!

Sum

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Oh my goodness, I clicked on the ladies and waiting thread and saw your post there and immediately came to find the story! It all sounds amazing! You will have so much fun picking out a ring together! And your necklace sounds lovely!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Woooooo-hoo! I checked in hoping the news was better than this morning, and here you are! I had this image of you at all these amazing places during your trip, thinking, "OK, now? No?""Here, maybe? No..." "OK, fine, here then. NO." "Not here either. GRRR."

I don''t know how you did it, but I''m so glad it worked out perfectly like that! I like that he did it on "Diamond Mountain off the Silverado trail." Was that intentional? I guess not if he originally planned on the gondola.

Can''t wait to see pics of the pendant, and to hear about the ring planning.

I''m so happy for you!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, it was a perfect proposal! I''m so happy for you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a perfect proposal. So romantic. The necklace sounds lovely and what fun you will have ring shopping. Best wishes to you both, how exciting!!!!
36.gif

biokatie

Rough_Rock
HOW exciting! I am sooo soo happy for you guys!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate all the help in getting me through the LIW period. It was rough, but I''m so relieved now that it''s over!

The "Diamond Mountain" thing was a complete coincidence, but I love the irony! It''s so sweet! It''s funny that this is one of the more exclusive wineries we went to... meaning we can''t get their wines locally, and boy are they pricey! But they were so good! If only Maryland would change their shipping laws so we could join the wine club as an engagement gift....

I''m still so excited! I''ll put pics up when I get home. I forgot my cable to my camera. I''m so glad to have the pendant... it''s like having an old friend come back, but it means even more now because it''s my engagement pendant!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw...that''s a great proposal story!! Congrats Sumbride.
28.gif

Happy ring shopping to you!!
31.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Finally!!!!! I''m so happy for you, and now you get to pick out your ring when you go home!!! Congratulations Sum!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
!

Sum, I''m so happy for you! That sounds like such a wonderful proposal and now you get to go ring shopping! I can''t wait to hear the stories about that
1.gif
. Congratulations!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats great news!!
36.gif
36.gif
What a romantic proposal-looking forward to seeing the pics when you get the ring

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 9:50:57 PM
Author:sumbride
Hey Ladies -

It finally happened!!! M and I had a fabulous day in wine country and our limo driver took us everywhere, but at our next to last winery, where we went to have a picnic, the timing proved perfect and M finally popped the question! It was at Reverie Winery on Diamond Mountain off the Silverado trail, a tiny little boutique winery specializing in cabernet sauvignon (my favorite!). We were 2 of only 4 people on property... we had personal attention from our host, lots of lovely samples, and had just put in an order for a very special bottle of reserve wine that can be laid down for 10 years if we have the patience... the guy said ''this would be perfect for an anniversary...'' then he retreated to line up our bottles, and we had some time alone in a grove of redwoods, and over our sandwiches, M said ''you dropped something a while back'' and as I said ''huh?'' he pulled out a velvet box with a diamond infinity pendant to replace the one I lost about 3 months ago... then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was perfect, and I cried tears of joy for a while, and he struggled to fasten it around my neck, but I ended up doing it... then we started calling all our friends and family and I told the winery guy that I would always remember his winery because we just got engaged and he said ''we''re here when you need wine for the wedding!!!''

We went on to our last winery, Sterling, and up on the cable car he said ''I''d planned to do it here but couldn''t have guaranteed we''d be alone...'' and I said ''it was perfect!!!'' I barely tasted the wines at Sterling... just so excited the whole time. The limo driver had a bottle of champagne for us so we polished that off on our trip back to the hotel, and now we''re sort of ripped, waiting to sober up to go to dinner!

He says he waited until the last day so that I would be happy on the trip home since I tend to get sad at the end of vacation, and he said he''d had this planned for a year, ever since we decided we were going to Napa. His whole family knew last week and somehow managed to keep it quiet, but my suspicions were right... I just know him too well.

I''m so happy, so excited, and now, when we get back to Maryland, we get to go ring shopping!!! Woo hoo!!!

Sum
Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh Sumbride Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sounded all so wonderful...and romantic...and being alone in a public place...giggle...just too perfect...and the name Diamond Mountain all blending in for the perfect setting..how sweet. I am sure this day will be etched in your mind for the rest of your life.
Best Wishes to you both!!!

Wifey2b

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yea sumbride! I''m so happy for you!

The wine country is the perfect setting for your beautiful story!

One of the nicest things someone said to me after I got engaged was, "Enjoy this special time. You will have a fiance for only a short time in your life."

For some reason that resonated with me -- it''s a fleeting identity, and very romantic!

See you on the BWW list!

Yea!
36.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Oh Sum, Congratulations! that''s so sweet.... now you get to pick your ring! Exciting!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Sum, that sounds absolutely perfect... how unique and fun and special to have that memory from your trip now. And you''ll never think of wine the same way!!
31.gif
Ring-shopping will be an absolute blast... can''t wait to hear about the process!!! Congratulations and enjoy this time...
9.gif
10.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love Napa Valley! So romantic!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful, romantic proposal!!!!!! Can''t wait to hear all about your ring-shopping
31.gif

jen

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! Your story is wonderful!! I''m so glad that it happened during this trip and that you were right all along. Enjoy your newly engaged status!!!

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Too perfect! Congratulations!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! I can''t wait to see pics!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Woot Woot!! YAY!!
36.gif
36.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful, sumbride! Congratulations to you and your fiance''! Looking forward to seeing your pendant.
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We got home late last night and it''s still so surreal to be engaged! I told the cats when we got home but I don''t think they really understood when I explained that M was going to be their "daddy" now. He didn''t hear me say that, fortunately... it would have gotten a big eye roll!

The family issues have already started though. I tried to talk to my neice so I could ask her to be a bridesmaid. She''s 15 and she screamed "NOOOOOO!!!!" about talking to me... Apparently she can''t handle her parents splitting up AND my wedding. I understand, but I was still surprised as my sister is THRILLED for us, even in the middle of divorce proceedings. I told my sister that I wanted her daughter to be a bridesmaid and I guess she told her because yesterday my neice wanted to know when and where it was and said she was "just messing with" me about it. Ah, 15 year olds... they''re so great, aren''t they?

I''ve talked to my mom a couple of times and she''s so excited! She wanted to know when she should call his mom to give her "approval" and I said "whatever you do, DON''T use that word!!!" and she assured me she would focus on happy congratulations... M and I are both worried about our moms clashing... My mom is a bit of a southern belle, doing things the old fashioned way, and his mom isn''t. Plus my parents are a little bit more well-off than his mom, who constantly cries poverty even when she''s NOT hurting, so the money issue could come up... Plus there''s the WHERE issue... my mom says she''s fine with anywhere, but if we have it in Texas she''ll probably invite about 300 people (on her list!) but if we have it in Maryland, it would probably be closer to 20 on her list. Umm.... that doesn''t seem like a tough choice to me, but suddenly M is saying "why not have it in Texas?" and I''m trying to figure out what I want. I see a list coming on...

It has to be:

1) outside
2) not too hot or too cold
3) handicapped accesssible for several family members
4) not too expensive to fly to
5) pretty
6) available!
7) not too expensive!
8) preferably in a state where my brother (not a minister) could perform the ceremony

hmm... I''m thinking Maryland. Now I have to drill it down a bit more.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Aw..I''m sorr you''re having a little bit of family issues creeping up. None seems MAJOR and let''s hope that they don''t. WOWZERS!! 300 on just your Mom''s list! Ya''ll have lots of family and friends in Texas huh? Seems like you''re leaning more towards Maryland...good luck with all those details.

Oh..and the whole telling your cats that they have a "daddy" now it adorable!! It''s funny bc I say that my FF is my dogs Daddy and he says that I am his dogs Momma. I love it!
28.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Sumbride! That just sounds so wonderfully romantic. And I''m sorry that you''re already having some family issues -- good luck sorting it all out!

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations !! What a beautiful proposal !
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sumbride! Congrats on your engagement. Enjoy this happy time with your fiance.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet proposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m very happy for you!!! and where are those pictures? I bet the place was amazing! I love seeing pictures of the happy couple a few minutes after *it* happenned!
face23.gif

Congrats!!!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Sumbride,
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I''m happy for you! Have a great time ring shopping!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results