shape
carat
color
clarity

Woo hoo! I have an appointment at Pearl Paradise on Thursday

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I decided it was finally time to stop looking at photos and drive up to LA to see the real thing at PP. :appl: I hope I'll get to see some of the new stock from the Hong Kong show. I have a couple of specific items in mind, but I am sure I will be overwhelmed by all the beautiful options. I'll make sure to report about the visit.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Woo hoo! I have an appointment at Pearl Paradise on Thur

Enjoy your visit Kay I am sure it will be very special for you.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Please share all! I am excited for you!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Take lots of photos !!!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

It's more fun than Disneyland. Have fun.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Thank you all. I am really excited, but also a little nervous. I know I am going to want one of everything, lol, so I am going to have to make careful decisions. I wish I had someone to go with me, but that is tough on a weekday, plus my friends IRL aren't as jewelry obsessed.

I want to find/create necklaces to commemorate 2 special occasions: the birth of our second daughter (June birthday) and the 20th anniversary of our first date in July.

Based on pictures, I think I would like a 3-color strand of drop/baroque WSS and silver gray and darker Tahitians. 10-12 mm is probably the largest size I can afford. I am not sure what length necklace to buy. I am curious to see what color Tahitians look best on me. If I don't like the mixed strand IRL, then I will probably go for a Tahitian strand. This one will probably be the strand for my daughter. (Our first daughter will someday inherit the Cartier Trinity with scattered diamonds ring that was a gift for her birth, so I need a really good gift for #2 to inherit too, lol.)

I also like the idea of having a long (38-44") necklace with "randomly" scattered pearls or pearls and bezeled gems. It would be cool to have 20 pearls for our 20 years together, but most of the inspiration pictures I like have 25-35 pearls in the design. I posted about this project here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tered-pearl-long-necklace-anniversary.202556/

Based on pictures, I am dying to see the Vietnamese blue Akoya in person. I may have to come up with a third event to celebrate, lol. (Of course, I never got around to choosing a 40th birthday present because we were dealing with serious family health issues at that time.)

I also want to see the lavender FW IRL. I am also on the lookout for a fireball with a really dramatic tail shape -- Bsomlo's Fire Goddess and custom pendant make me drool. And I'm sure I'll want matching earrings for any necklaces I buy. I'm going to have to really control myself this time -- it's not like I can't return later, lol.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enjoy!

I would strongly advise the OP to set a budget on how much to spend, and then stick to it.

Not an easy task to do, when one is like a kid in a sweet shop!

DK :))

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock

That is great Kay... enjoy your time... think carefully before buying and take lots of photos (for us :appl: )

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I found parking and I'm heading in. Wish me luck (and willpower).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

You lucky lucky ducky!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Good Luck! Have fun!! :)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

Lucky! Have an absolutely fantastic time!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I had a very fun and successful visit. (2 new strands are being strung and will soon be shipped to me.) I figured I would be at PP for 2-3 hours, but stayed for over 5! I'll post photos and details this weekend. I hit terrible traffic leaving LA and I'm exhausted.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

I can hardly wait to read all about it!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

I can't wait. 4ranchgirl and I were chatting about your trip yesterday. We were excited for you,

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I really have to concentrate on work today, but here is a quick preview fix for my fellow pearl lovers. ;)) Jeremy showed me some of the really special pearls they just brought back from Hong Kong. These 2 round Edison pearls were just insane -- like large, glowy, metallic marbles for big kids. :lickout: One was more rosy dark pink with hints of lavender and the other coppery pink. I think Jeremy said they are 16-17mm. My photos don't really do them justice.

img_4942.jpg

img_4943.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

You better not stop here or I'll come and find you...

mapo

Shiny_Rock

Those edisons are gorgeous! You're such pearl-tease ...MORE please!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I started a new thread with pictures from my visit.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results