shape
carat
color
clarity

Women Only! Poll: Perfect Size for an Engagement Ring?

Money not hindering your choice...What is your idea of the PERFECT sized engagement ring (CTW)??

• under .50c

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • .50c - 1c

• 1c - 1.5c

• 1.5c - 2c

• 2c - 2.5c

• 2.5c - 3c

• over 3c (a whopper!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since we get this question all the time...I thought it would be fun to have people respond on what they think the perfect size for an engagement ring is. If money was not necessarily an object, and you could have the size you want and not sacrifice color/clarity/cut ...what size would you want to see on your finger? Since the poll itself is anonymous to the users, BE HONEST! You may say you like the .70c stones in all your posts....but maybe in your heart you really love the 1c type stones. Put it down!

I said ''women only'' because that way we can have a targeted test audience for the future men who float in and go...I''m confused..what size for my girl? They will have poll answers comprised of ONLY WOMEN responding, so that they can get a good idea of what X # of women think.

Maybe it will only confuse them more? Ahh but it''s so fun.

Enjoy ladies!!
1.gif
Boys can watch...but not touch...in this poll! However, boys can respond to the message..just not the poll.

Mara
naughty.gif

(hope this thing works...)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I should clarify....this Q is about CENTER STONE ONLY....not side stones etc.
1.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
You should add a "results only" or "I'm a guy" option so us males can see the results without skewing them! :D

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought there was a 'view results' button on the poll that you could use to view but not vote? My view is different since I voted....but if that is not there...hmmm.

smaggard

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/18/2003 1:47:25 PM Smooth wrote:

You should add a 'results only' or 'I'm a guy' option so us males can see the results without skewing them! :D----------------

Try just clicking the button that says "View Results" at the bottom of the poll message

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
Duh, I'm blind!!! Other message boards I frequent don't have that feature in their polls. My bad. :razz:

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I voted for 1 to 1.5, but let me be clear, if money were no object my lifestyle would also be different, and a 1.5 carat stone would not feel ostentatious. Being the left handed working woman I am, I would have had no objection if my hubby could have afforded a 1 carat stone of the same quality as my .7, but it fits my lifestyle well, and I truly love it.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, How do you know that only women are responding? I hope none of the men are trying to get in on this.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
How about "Girlie men" ? Can they vote
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's the honor system! And no voting twice unless you have other personalities!
1.gif

I purposely did not note 'money IS no object'...because to me that implies you are of the J.Lo caliber and we aren't talking 5 carats here as the norm.

I noted 'hindering' because..if money isn't completely holding back the decision, and you had enough for the stone that you'd really like to see on your finger for an e-ring--what would you want.

Not taking into account what your life 'may' have been like were things different etc.

It's an emotional variable not to mention other variables (age, status, social circle etc)...but as the person you are, what is your thought on the perfect sizing for an e-ring.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I love these poles, do more! I saw the other one too. Maybe a poll about upgrading and have it be 2 separate polls for men and for women on how they would feel if their spouse wanted an upgrade in 10 years to a bigger stone. I know my hubby would think I was the most unsentimental person ever!

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
I tried on different sized costume jewelery rings in jennifer miller. I was very surprised when the 3 carat looked too much and gaudy on me. I found the 2 carat to be a nice large size for me. My favorite size is 1.5 though. I figured bigger would be better, but surprisingly that wasn't true when I saw them on my hand./idealbb/images/smilies/wink2.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
So there you have it!!! Women aren't insanely craving a 5ct after all!
Mara, do MORE! I can't get enough!
Hm, maybe a women's only pole (so men can learn from the answers) as to what you would really want your mate to get you for your anniversary without having to ask. Yah know, tennis bracelet, studs, pendant, anniversary band...
maybe that's too boring - you can work your magic and spice it up a bit I'm sure.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I have hit my poll limit for this week...I will let these 4 continue to go and then maybe I'll do a few more next week
1.gif

I want to know who the people are who want over 3c for the e-ring..my heros!!
1.gif
Hee Hee.

It looks like 1c-2c is the main chunk of interest...I tend to agree though I voted for 2-2.5.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump!
1.gif

lovesparkles

Rough_Rock
I voted 2.5-3 - big enough for the
6.gif
factor but not big enough for someone to cut my hand off to steal it!
3.gif

1.5-2 seems to be the norm in my neck of the woods for new fiancees (land of yuppies).

-lovesparkles

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I voted 1c-1.5c. BUT - I did so w/ the thought that the average age of engagement is in the early to mid 20's.

I think an older bride may have a different ideal. I do think size of diamond should be somewhat age appropriate.

I remember a friend who became engaged w/ a 4c family ring. She was a bit embarrassed by it. It was *so* big in comparision.

KittySkyfish

Rough_Rock
Hi, newbie here!
1.gif

Currently, I have a 1.5 ct center stone. I voted for the 2-2.5 category because my hands are long and larger stones look better on me. ... and (of course) I like the gee-whiz factor, too!!!

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I voted for 2.5 - 3 carats because on my hand, that is the size that looks best. Has nothing to do with status, or how much he loves me, or budget. That's just what looks best on my finger.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for 1.5 to 2 cts.

Big enough to be a special stone for a special ring, but not so big that it gets in the way (I wear my ering all the time) or looks 'over the top'.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump...for the new members to vote!
1.gif

lenore80

Rough_Rock
I voted for the .5-1 carat. I know, weird!

I have a size 5 ringfinger, and once I tried on a .70, and it looked huge on me! But, then again, I am from an area where the norm is a .25-.40 carat.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
First let me say, I am totally happy with my 1 ct. center stone. But since you said "if money were'nt necessarily an object..." I chose the 1.5-2.0. And truthfully, even *if* money were not an object (which it is), or whether or not I was older than most "younger" brides (which I am), I still wouldn't go larger because like DA said, it's what what I'd be most comfortable with wearing and what I feel matches my hand. But that's just me.
1.gif
Oh, and if I had a larger center stone, I'd go more modest on the band and/or accent stones.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMP!
1.gif

song

Rough_Rock
I voted for the 2 - 2.5ct. category. I am perfectly happy with my 1.61 rbc, but if I could pick the size without worry, slightly bigger is the way I'd go.

That said, shrinkage reoccurs only when I've been viewing stones too long. The people I know with diamonds all have 1.0 - 1.5 ct. stones, so mine is on the larger size in my group. Funny how over-exposure to diamond forums cause shrinkage. ~song

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I hope that I don't get slammed here but I am voting for over 3 carats. My 3 carat solitaire has shrunk and I am thinking about adding side stones to it down the road.
rolleyes.gif

MsSkiBunny

Rough_Rock
Frnankly I got what I wanted. I have very small hands so anything over 1.5C looks stupid on me. My mom has a 2.15C solitaire ring and it's just way too big on me. I tried it on to get an idea. Looks like fake jewelry on my hand. My fiance got me a 1.54C princess and it's awesome on my hand. He told me we could *upgrade* in a few years if I want but it's plenty big for me.

geekkitty

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I'm new. My dearest and I are shopping for my ering now, so I got to try on all sorts of different styles and sizes just recently.

I have to say that even if money were no object I'd still want around a 1 carat. I have skinny fingers, and I work in computers all day. I think that even if I didn't have to work anymore, I'd still be doing something with my hands.

So, I voted for 1-1.5.

Oh, btw, I didn't know that diamonds could shrink. Anyone have more info on this phenomenon?

-GK
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamonds don't REALLY shrink, when we talk about 'diamond shrinkage', it's a mental thing
1.gif
Say you've had your stone for a little while, you start to get so used to seeing it, that it doesn't look as big as it did when you first got it. Then you start to wish maybe it was a little bigger. That's 'diamond shrinkage' syndrome and it happens to most of us at some point!
1.gif

MsSkiBunny

Rough_Rock
LOL Mara..That's so true. I've only had mine for 2 weeks and it already looks smaller! hehe I know it's big though for me so I just have to remind myself that.
rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results