shape
carat
color
clarity

WOMEN - GIVE THE RING AT THE PROPOSAL OR SHORTLY THEREAFTER??

<b>MY POLL QUESTION: WOULD A FEMALE PREFER TO RECEIVE HER RING AT THE TIME OF THE PROPOSAL OR, WOUL

• Go for "the big bang" and give her the ring at the same time

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • "stretch it out" - give her the ring shortly thereafter; make another "moment!"

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I've got a 3ct princess beauty from Good old Gold and a custom setting that's in the works with a designer named Mark Morrel. See the following two threads if you're interested in learning more about the stone and/or the setting.
Stone:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-ct-princess-candidate-review-help-pls-thx.12302/

Setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chronicle-working-with-a-custom-designer-m-morrell.12712/

What prompts me to ask is I have an Italy trip planned for April in which I plan to ask my girlfriend to marry me while being seranaded during a gondola ride in Venice (the Italy trip will be a very special moment for both of us, let alone the proposal). Should I go for the "big bang" with the proposal and ring, or should I "stretch it out?"

Thanks, all!

read.gif

chromeman

Rough_Rock
Can you get the big rock thru customs?

Good question - I never gave any thought that this might be an issue.....stay tuned :>)

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Appreciative or expertise, just a note. Recently, my BF and I were in Venice, the city is SO picture perfect, but just so you know, the seranaded gondola ride is pricey, and perhaps worth it in this case. Only thing is, the water is murky, and in the summer months tends to be a bit stinky. The gondoleer, if not so great actually rocks a boat a bit. Some suggestions:

not sure if you have a hotel, but we stayed at a lovely hotel, called the Monaco Grand Canal:

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&flag=l&itid=&itdx=&itty=&from=f&shtl=1

If you want a reall wower, there's the ever legendary Hotel Danieli:

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&flag=l&itid=&itdx=&itty=&from=f&shtl=1

When choosing a gondoleer, DO NOT find one by the hotels, they are pricier than they need to be. Go out one night, and fix a price (you can haggle) and get someone from the Calle De Roddotto. There is a little square in front of a church, where the Gondoleers all gather. It's 2-3 blocks from St. Mark's square. Also best to make sure you get exactly what you want, and just at sunset. There are many different route, but the Bridge of Sighs tour, IS NOT the best...IMHO...That's where the prisioners being executed actually saw Venice for the last time before they were killed...NOT romantic. Sunset is best, and that will be extra.

Also, make sure your gondoleer doesn't have a gondoleer buddy. Why? My BF and I went with another couple, and they took a seperate boat for "privacy", but our gondoleers traveled within 5 feet of the other the whole time chatting it up, and there was NO privacy for us, BUT we did take pictures of eachother! LOL
9.gif

Good luck and everything sounds wonderful!!! Your setting with Mark Morell, sound so similar to the one i want to custom make, except it is a simple Plat band. Let me know how it all works out!!! CONGRATS!!!!

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Call me crazy, but I detect a trend in the voting pattern.

Good Luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe DO NOT make her wait. Torture!!
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I second Mara's motion...

DON'T BE MEAN! Making a girl wait for her precioussssssss.... is just plain WRONG!
nono.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Interesting you should bring this up... I always assumed there'd be ring when I would get proposed to - but there wasn't. I had never thought about it before (originally I did not even want a ring...) anyway, it turns out that I sort of liked not getting at the same time. Rings are beautiful but I realized that it would have detracted a bit from the moment. Getting married is about us and how we feel about each other... Although, as soon as I said yes he told me he had gotten the ring I was looking - so I had something to look forward to going home

Yes, destination engagement. We were in the caribbean. THe jeweler flatly refused to Fedex the ring out of the country - very wise. Two major problems - loss/theft and CUSTOMS. Someone else mentioned it, too - I have traveled ALOT and you do not want this to marr your moment. It's hard to leave Italy and the romance of engagement behing to go home and back to work - knowing a ring was waiting for me made it a lot easier. Just thought I'd share my experience because it's got practical implications. Plus, I was really pleasantly surprised by my reaction - and appreciative that I did not have to worry about the ring all the way home. If you do bring it with you - be sure you insure it before leaving home and make sure your all-risk policy covers international travel (BF is in insurance).

Sorry to be so verbose - can't sleep becuase I had more bad news on my ring - have to face the jeweler tomorrow. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results