shape
carat
color
clarity

Women are sneaky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicagojoe2

Rough_Rock

Women are sneaky – advice needed!

Here is the story: I purchased a beautiful e-ring a week ago and will pick it up sometime next week. I was planning on popping the question the day after her birthday (which just so happens to be my birthday! July 1), so she would not suspect anything. I’ve already arranged most of the details: we’re going out to our favorite restaurant (she thinks to celebrate our b-days), picked out a perfect spot in a nearby park, and organized a surprise party with our friends and family at her parent’s house afterwards.

To throw her off further, I planned a trip for us to go to Vegas (as a b-day gift) in mid-July. I’ve asked a few of her friends to spy for me, to see if she suspects a proposal. They have been telling me that the gf had a strong suspicion it would happen in Vegas. However, since I made the reservations at the restaurant and told her about it, she now KNOWS it will be coming then! One of the spies confirmed that with me today!

I attempted to put out the fire today, making reservations at one of the best restaurants in all of Chicago for tomorrow. She was really surprised when I told her today, but she is smart and probably can tell that I’m bluffing. WOMEN ARE SNEAKY!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to throw her off? If I had the ring tomorrow, I’d do it then, but there is no way it will be done by then. I don’t know if there is anything else I can do
33.gif
! Please HELP!
CJ

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! What you could do, is tell her you''ve got a surprise for her when you get to Vegas, and remain suitably mysterious if she asks you what that surprise is. Throw her off the trail a little more.
1.gif

Good luck!

Jossyw

Rough_Rock

CJ - first, I think you are so great to going to all this trouble to make the evening special for her! Whether she knows or not, it''s going to be a great night thanks to you! Nice work!

Second, she doesn''t know. She THINKS she knows but she doesn''t really know - right? So maybe it''s okay to let her think that - I mean, when I think about my boyfriend asking me (which I expect him to do this year), I get this wonderful excited, giddy feeling. The anticipation can be uncomfortable but it''s also really nice because it is based upon how much I love him and how excited I am about spending my life with him. If he surprises me with a proposal, then that will be great. But it will also be great if I sort of expect it because it means that I will get to enjoy that crazy feeling of fantastic anticipation of the beginning of the rest of my life. Does that make sense?

If you really feel strongly about surprising her, does she know that you have the ring? If she knows you''re gonna ask but she doesn''t know that you have already purchased it, you could say something that would suggest that you ordered it but it''ll take at least 5 weeks to make.

Good luck!

jedinite

Rough_Rock
If you really want to surprise her meet her for lunch at a nice restaurant just before leaving to Vegas. Have a few friends there as well. After you order the drinks stand up and make an announcement, that you are truly in love with your girlfriend and that you want her to know that. Then pull out the ring. I know it''s not the most romantic 1 on1 thing but having friends there gives you 2 things. First, people to share the experience with and second and most importantly having someone there to document the occasion for your wedding by taking photos while you''re proposing and by having a good story told at your wedding reception. This will definitely surprise her. And then you can really celebrate in Vegas.

I am proposing this weekend and unfortunately there''s no way I could have her or my best friend accompany us without really tipping her off or making her mad for inviting other people. So I will have to rely on the hotel staff to get some good photos of us after dinner. At least I set it up so that she knows we''ll have to dress a little nicer at the restuarant because it''s a "classy" place. Otherwise, we''re both pretty casual in typical LA attire. Quite honestly, Vegas is fun but it lacks romance IMHO.

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Are you sure you can trust her friends? Could be where the leak is coming from.

Maybe you need to feed her friends a mistruth and let them pass it on, to recover.

Good luck

1.gif

Stebbo.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo, you THINK she knows, but you don''t REALLY know if she knows or not... She''s probably thinking the same thing, as in, "I think this could be the weekend/date, but what if it''s not?
23.gif
"

To give you a small amount of comfort: when I got engaged, I was in the shower in our apartment and I heard my (BF at the time) saying to someone on his cellphone on our balcony, "tonight''s the night!" Oh wow, was I on my knees in that shower real quick praying that he was talking about proposing to me! But I still wasn''t SURE, so I remember practicing my "game face" just in case he was bluffing or something. Mind you, we had never even shopped for rings together before. I just told him I wanted a round brilliant solitaire and that was that. Next thing I knew, we were downtown (Chicago) and all of a sudden we were engaged! After the initial shock wore off, we headed back to the west burbs to a martini bar where all of our friends met us for drinks and a celebration! I honestly had no real idea that he would be proposing, even though I thought I had a hint earlier in the evening.
2.gif
9.gif
Best of luck with your proposal, and others have made good suggestions as to how to throw her off--I can''t really add anything there!
35.gif

chicagojoe2

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for replying! Great suggestions.

Aloros - Great idea, I think I'll drop a couple of hints.

Jossyw - Your point is well taken. She probably doesn't know the proposal is coming, she is probably just anticipating. I guess that adds to the suspense.

Jedinite - Good idea. However the date I picked out has a greater significance to us, being close (or on) our birthdays. Good luck on your proposal.

Stebbo - I'm certain the friends haven't been leaking information, because they don't know anything. They are just telling me what the gf is telling them. But good thinking.

Monarch64 - Thanks you for easing my anxiety. that is a great story!

Thanks again everyone. I'll post pictures and the whole story when the time come! Wish me luck!

CJ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results