Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Winnie’s Toi Et Moi Ring (What I Did w/ That 3 Stone OEC Ring)

winnietucker

Brilliant_Rock
I had contemplated about not posting this because it’s so heavily inspired by a ring owned by @EC8. It seemed rude to post. Plus that CVB v DK thread left me with a new understanding of jewelry etiquette. Anyway, as promised,
I sent EC8 the photos via email a few days ago and mentioned I had no intention of posting them here. She told me not to worry about that so I decided to share. Mostly because I’m super jazzed about this ring but don’t have as many IRL jewelry loving friends. I never want to take any spotlight away from her ring. It’s fantastic, I love it, and I still pop into that thread to look at it from time to time.

But anyway when I saw EC8’s ring on DK’s IG, I fell in love. I reached out to her asking her to contact me and she did. I then asked her if it was ok to model my ring after hers. She very kindly agreed that was ok and I started hunting for diamonds.

Initially I wanted to find two individual diamonds in the wild and bring them together to make a toi et moi ring. That was difficult. So earlier this year I gave up on that idea and bought this super cool, ornate 3 stone ring with pretty OECs. I sent it to Sako to have it dismantled months ago and finally the finished product it back (my issues, not Sako’s).

Here she is:
26210A6D-A28D-4150-B8AE-B08242115EE1.jpeg F50586F7-1005-43CF-A7E8-138CF1BC323A.jpeg 723125DF-7F76-450A-8741-B67A17F57551.jpeg 7AE06EEE-08DC-483B-B326-9F88C53CA956.jpeg D9C79748-7CEA-4393-824D-2AACB7FF42DF.jpeg DD74ABE0-866B-4EE9-9E0F-EE140A7F105B.jpeg 3E92145D-7B36-4327-9101-53DCDED0D439.jpeg

I kind of wish I went with bigger diamonds but I have no desire to look for more pairs of diamonds. So it is what it is. Either way, I love it! I’m pumped about it. And I’m done doing jewelry things for the rest of the year.

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful! I'm glad you decided to share. Those diamonds were made for each other.

Lessics

Shiny_Rock
I’ve recently fallen in love with toi et moi rings. And I came across a short thread a few years ago where you posted some beautiful toi et moi rings.
The one you created now is just as beautiful!

I love how oecs perform but I don’t love the round look on my finger. But a toi et moi ring solves this problem as it elongates the finger like any elongated fancy shape would.

Your ring looks perfect on you!

oh and do you know where I can find that David K. vs CVB thread? Or was it about cvb warning David K. not not be too inspired by her designs?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
that's one tremendous moi et toi/toi et moi ring!!! it's proportions are sublime! and it looks fantastic on your hand! romantic, fluid, feminine, beautiful...

i love it in gold! thanks very much for sharing

Spring Day

Shiny_Rock
I’m so glad you got to share this ring! It’s true that we definitely don’t get the same ooh’s and ahh’s from our non jewelry friends so it’s always nice to come here and be able to show off our goods without judgment! Congrats on a beautiful ring and thank you to @EC8 for being the inspiration! It’s so beautiful and I’m hoping that once covid ends we can get together for a Seattle GTG and we can all ooh and ahh in person!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I had contemplated about not posting this because it’s so heavily inspired by a ring owned by @EC8. It seemed rude to post. Plus that CVB v DK thread left me with a new understanding of jewelry etiquette. Anyway, as promised,
I sent EC8 the photos via email a few days ago and mentioned I had no intention of posting them here. She told me not to worry about that so I decided to share. Mostly because I’m super jazzed about this ring but don’t have as many IRL jewelry loving friends. I never want to take any spotlight away from her ring. It’s fantastic, I love it, and I still pop into that thread to look at it from time to time.

But anyway when I saw EC8’s ring on DK’s IG, I fell in love. I reached out to her asking her to contact me and she did. I then asked her if it was ok to model my ring after hers. She very kindly agreed that was ok and I started hunting for diamonds.

Initially I wanted to find two individual diamonds in the wild and bring them together to make a toi et moi ring. That was difficult. So earlier this year I gave up on that idea and bought this super cool, ornate 3 stone ring with pretty OECs. I sent it to Sako to have it dismantled months ago and finally the finished product it back (my issues, not Sako’s).

Here she is:
26210A6D-A28D-4150-B8AE-B08242115EE1.jpeg F50586F7-1005-43CF-A7E8-138CF1BC323A.jpeg 723125DF-7F76-450A-8741-B67A17F57551.jpeg 7AE06EEE-08DC-483B-B326-9F88C53CA956.jpeg D9C79748-7CEA-4393-824D-2AACB7FF42DF.jpeg DD74ABE0-866B-4EE9-9E0F-EE140A7F105B.jpeg 3E92145D-7B36-4327-9101-53DCDED0D439.jpeg

I kind of wish I went with bigger diamonds but I have no desire to look for more pairs of diamonds. So it is what it is. Either way, I love it! I’m pumped about it. And I’m done doing jewelry things for the rest of the year.
The size looks trully impressive
, you have drop dead gorgeous ring

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That’s a truly beautiful ring! And it looks so fabulous on your long elegant finger! Love it and the stones look amazing! Enjoy!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG......Thud.........This ring is TDF!!!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring, it looks gorgeous on you!!!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring that looks great on you @winnietucker . Thanks for sharing. I totally understand the need to share. I don’t have any friends IRL who love gems and jewellery to the same degree that I do. May you get many years of enjoyment from her.

winnietucker

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve recently fallen in love with toi et moi rings. And I came across a short thread a few years ago where you posted some beautiful toi et moi rings.
The one you created now is just as beautiful!

I love how oecs perform but I don’t love the round look on my finger. But a toi et moi ring solves this problem as it elongates the finger like any elongated fancy shape would.

Your ring looks perfect on you!

oh and do you know where I can find that David K. vs CVB thread? Or was it about cvb warning David K. not not be too inspired by her designs?
That’s the one! I didn’t realize how big of a no no it was until that thread.

that's one tremendous moi et toi/toi et moi ring!!! it's proportions are sublime! and it looks fantastic on your hand! romantic, fluid, feminine, beautiful...

i love it in gold! thanks very much for sharing
Thank you! They’ve been an off and on obsession for me for a bit. I’m happy to finally have my own.

I’m so glad you got to share this ring! It’s true that we definitely don’t get the same ooh’s and ahh’s from our non jewelry friends so it’s always nice to come here and be able to show off our goods without judgment! Congrats on a beautiful ring and thank you to @EC8 for being the inspiration! It’s so beautiful and I’m hoping that once covid ends we can get together for a Seattle GTG and we can all ooh and ahh in person!
I only have one friend who is PS-levels of excited about jewelry and she loved it, called it perfect, and said she needs it when she gets engaged. My other friend who kind of likes jewelry was less enthused. None of my other friends care lol. I’d love to see everyone’s bling IRL.

@Polabowla @MissGotRocks @Daisys and Diamonds @Slick1 @stracci2000 @Luce @pearaffair Thank you all for the kind words!

@Begonia I fully support the PS version of rent the runway (if we could ever figure that out)!;)2

@Yelena Exactly. I’m sure some of my IRL friends think I’m wasting money lol. But it brings me lots of happiness and excitement so it’s worth it. Glad to have a supportive community to share my excitement with.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! What are the measurements of your diamonds? They look like the perfect size! Enjoy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A gorgeous, head-turning ring in a classic and timeless design - I'm so glad you felt comfortable posting here @winnietucker, your new piece is beautiful and inspirational :love:

Those stones... Those stones are something else :love:

Queenie60

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and classic ring. I am glad that you shared this beauty with us. Enjoy - it looks great on your beautiful hand.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow it’s gorgeous!!!! Looks really great on you. Those facets on the OECs are phenomenal. Please post more pictures.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing on you! I agree with @Lessics - it’s very flattering because of the way it draws the eyes along the length of your hand. I can see why you’re so enamoured!

Alex T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is totally beautiful! And it looks gorgeous on your lovely hand!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. OEC double delight! :love:
Wear in good health and blingy joy!

Tartansparkles

Shiny_Rock
This is eye-popping. I have some moi et toi rings on my eBay watch list, but they are so fuddy-duddy by comparison. Is part of the band in a brushed gold ? (I'm not aware of the inspiration ring but I'm sure it is just as beautiful.)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.