shape
carat
color
clarity

Winks shared prong eternity? Anyone have it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone on PS have this fabulous band? I''m about 99% sure it''s what I want to put with my Vatche Royal Crown...

Does anyone have one of these (or one like it) and can tell me how you feel about it?

Do you ''feel'' the prongs when you''re wearing it?

I''ve always wondered how I''d feel with a prong eternity band... I''ve always had channel set!

winkjonessharedprongeternityband.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
That is seriously stunning. In fact, my 5 stone is in the same type of setting and i''m hoping to make it an eternity eventually that will look just like that!. Can''t comment on the comfort factor as mine only has stones on the top.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2008 2:07:26 PM
Author: elle_chris
That is seriously stunning. In fact, my 5 stone is in the same type of setting and i''m hoping to make it an eternity eventually that will look just like that!. Can''t comment on the comfort factor as mine only has stones on the top.
Isn''t it though??? I even have my hubby turned on by it... he has never liked the shared prong bands because he says they "look like snow tires from the side"
20.gif
... but this U shaped setting is so gorgeous... we both just love it!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
You can probably go into any good jewelry store that carries eternity bands and try them on to see how the prongs feel against your fingers. I''m crossing mine hoping you get it so i can drooool
18.gif

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know for sure what size you want Wink to make the band? (I mean mm width). I have a lovely five stone from Wink and would definately recommend his work. He is so utterly willing to go above and beyond to make his customers happy, a real gentleman.
Perhaps you could ask him for a loaner or a mockup if you are already certain about ring size and mm width.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2008 2:48:07 PM
Author: mrsv
Do you know for sure what size you want Wink to make the band? (I mean mm width). I have a lovely five stone from Wink and would definately recommend his work. He is so utterly willing to go above and beyond to make his customers happy, a real gentleman.
Perhaps you could ask him for a loaner or a mockup if you are already certain about ring size and mm width.
I think I want it to be either the same width as the shank of the VRC or a tiny bit wider... I think the VRC is under 3mm so if we did the bank 3mm that would be very balanced and not overwhelm the center stone.

I''m gonna find your pics!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2008 2:48:07 PM
Author: mrsv
All I could find was pics of your LM 5 stone... have you posted pics of the Wink one?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you will find is that the larger the stones, the higher it will sit off your finger all the way around. If the stones are relatively large, the wedding band will stick out farther than the e-ring. I personally don''t like that look, but we do see it here from time to time. It can also cause the eternity ring diamonds to scratch the e-ring prongs. The lowest set bands I''ve seen are by Tiffany and Memoire. I recently tried the Tiffany 2.86 ct. eternity ring with 15 point stones and the ring stuck out way too much to wear with my e-ring. It would be better if worn alone. But I would be extremely cautious about having something custom made if you cannot try one on with the size stones you want in the same setting beforehand. You need to try them on with the e-ring first.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me, me, me!!!! I am right now waiting on a band just like that - i was inspired by all the uprong five stone bands on here, but i wanted an eternity for my engagement ring - it''s taking forever and i am dying to get it :)

I don''t have one from Wink - i ordered it from my local jewler who i love working with. When i was going to order a ring, i knew i wanted a band instead of a solitaire...i also knew i would get a shared prong, even though i know other styles of eternities were more comfortable (i.e. channel set).

In terms of comfort, let me say that the u-prong i chose feels like a dream compared to many shared prongs i have tried on!!! really, it is so much more comfortable than some others i''ve tried (and my jeweler agreed). It still absolutely does feel like there is something in between your fingers and it''s not going to be as comfortable as a channel set band. But i think it will be comfortable enough for daily wear.....

I''ll attach a picture of the one i chose. The diamonds are 10 pointers - it''s not a great photo, but you can see a little - i took it with my cell phone
emembarrassed.gif

ringjewelstore3.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see your finished band Violet!

Lucky--it''s gorgeous! What size melee will you choose?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2008 3:46:12 PM
Author: coatimundi

Thanks Coati!

Lucky Texan - i forgot to add that they had many styles of bands side by side and the design of this one allowed so much light in, it actually made the diamonds look bigger than they were - and really sparkly! it was next to one that was a whole carat (total weight) bigger and they looked the same size - you should absolutely get one!

what size were you considering?

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock

I am pretty sure I''m going 10pt.

The pic that someone showed me of PJ''s RC with a shared prong... hers was 10pt and it was PERFECT!

I think the U prong eternity''s are the lowest profile I''ve ever seen on a shared prong... I''m doing both with Wink Jones, so I''m sure they''ll make sure it all fits and won''t hurt the artistry of Vatches RC!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2008 4:03:31 PM
Author: violet3

Thanks Coati!

Lucky Texan - i forgot to add that they had many styles of bands side by side and the design of this one allowed so much light in, it actually made the diamonds look bigger than they were - and really sparkly! it was next to one that was a whole carat (total weight) bigger and they looked the same size - you should absolutely get one!

what size were you considering?
Violet, make sure you do a whole thread about that sparkler when you get it!!

I noticed that too about the U prong... having that open gallery really does make a difference in how light comes and goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results