shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink Jones of High Performance Diamonds (HPD)

CathB

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the amazing service I have received so far from Wink of High Performance Diamonds, which is priceless for someone who is buying from a distance, we live in Sydney Australia, and cannot see the stone in person.

Background summary:

Thanks to Pricescope, I learned the basics in diamond shopping and when my boyfriend asked me to find my dream ring (3 stone rose gold) I looked online and came across some stones from the Brian Gavin Diamond Signature line. Even though I was hoping for warmer stones, they are so beautiful that I seriously considered purchasing them.

I contacted a jeweler here that I have used before, who is also an acquaintance, and sent him the details of the stones I found and asked if they would work on a rose gold setting with me for any of these beauties. I thought it would be best to set the stones here in Sydney just in case I need any repairs or resizing.

My jeweler "friend" then gave me his opinion on buying a diamond sight unseen & that I MUST see diamonds in person. Basically, I shouldn't put so much emphasis on a piece of paper, no grading will tell me how brilliant a stone is, they won't work with the stones I picked as they consider them to be inferior, and if by some miracle I do find and bring in the right stones, the setting price will double since they're not providing it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed and held back on purchasing any stones until further research. I got very nervous with buying online and second guessed everything. Luckily I came across Todd from Nice Ice who was very quick to answer my questions and provide beautiful examples of stones that were within my price range, a couple of which were from High Performance Diamonds.

Then along came a stone from HPD, it’s a Crafted by Infinity Superideal Round brilliant, 1.73 ct. N SI2. It’s beautifully warm to me, more than perfect for my centre stone and I really like everything about it, but … now I have all these doubts in my head with buying “sight unseen”.

Then Wink came along …

I emailed Wink for more information and I cannot believe how promptly my emails are answered. Not just with providing information that I asked for, but also by being proactive and giving me information I didn’t even think to ask, very important for me considering our time difference (we're about 14hrs ahead). I asked Wink if he could give me more information about the stone when it comes in and if at all possible, more pictures. The reply I got? Not only will he send me a report, pictures and a video, he will also show me the stone “live”. What?!?

Yesterday morning, I received an email from Wink letting me know to contact him for a "live" show of the diamond. He sent me a link to JoinMe and showed me the stone live! No glamour shots, no special lighting and velvet backgrounds, just the stone and the camera in his workshop / office.

It was just the best thing ever! If you’re ever worried about buying sight unseen, then this LIVE presentation that Wink offers specifically on the stone you’re interested in is just perfect.

Wink conducted a live show through Skype / JoinMe and showed me the stone, pointing out the inclusions up close (I had to stick my nose to the screen to see this), moving the stone around to show me how it performs at an arm’s length or near my nose, in a variety of angles, etc, etc. I can't even explain how informative this was, not to mention fun! To see the stone and have everything explained and shown to me at the same time, how it would look next to .25 sides, or next to .50 sides, how it looks against whiter stones, and just so much more. I cannot think of a better and more applicable service to someone considering a purchase.

So, just to show you a little of what I mean, here is a link to a video he made of Buttercup (is it weird that I’ve named it?) which will be set in a Rose Gold Vatche Swan 3 stone setting. :love:

http://www.screencast.com/t/YcbfV3jLX

In all honesty, I think I would’ve passed on this stone if not for Wink’s live interactive presentation, and what a monumental boo-boo that would’ve been. I cannot thank Wink enough for taking the time and initiative to properly introduce this beauty of a stone (aka Buttercup) to me and the way he addressed all my concerns is just beyond the call of duty. Also, a special mention must be made to Todd from Nice Ice who lead me to Wink and High Performance Diamonds.

I can’t wait to wear and treasure the final piece, thank you very much Pricescopers.

:appl:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is amazing service at it's finest!!!! I am so impressed! We need more people like Wink who are so willing to not only help but EDUCATE, and in an honest way. :appl: :appl:

Congrats to you, it sounds like you will have one incredible ring!!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool! I have never purchased from Wink but he seems like a really fabulous vendor! Enjoy your new bling :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased from wink before and his service is phenomenal! The box presentation when it comes is gorgeous too! Btw, wink, if you are reading....you sound like Santa Claus in that video :lol: :lol: :lol:

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Code:
[code]
[/code]
AprilBaby|1378438230|3515449 said:
I have purchased from wink before and his service is phenomenal! The box presentation when it comes is gorgeous too! Btw, wink, if you are reading....you sound like Santa Claus in that video :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, I'm ROFLMAO! Hey Wink, I want a PONY! :lol:

Congratulations on your adoption of Buttercup Catherine, I can't wait to see pictures of the completed ring!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congrats CathB! Wink is a good guy alright. And I cannot wait to see a rose gold Vatche Swan three stone! Oh my that will be something..

Are you going with the plain or pave sides on it? Platinum prongs or all rose? I think it will look amazing!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Buttercup looks beautiful in that video!! and in the Vatche Royal Swan 3 stone?? OMG!! That's like my Holy Grail 3 stone setting!!! I'm soooo excited to see your finished ring now!! I LOVE That setting --- and in RG??? oh - bee-HAVE!!!! I'm stoked.... how long do we have to wait again??? (its too long, no matter what the # of days, because I'm going to be 'refreshing' this page a LOT!!)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CathB|1378434653|3515425 said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share the amazing service I have received so far from Wink of High Performance Diamonds, which is priceless for someone who is buying from a distance, we live in Sydney Australia, and cannot see the stone in person.

Background summary:

Thanks to Pricescope, I learned the basics in diamond shopping and when my boyfriend asked me to find my dream ring (3 stone rose gold) I looked online and came across some stones from the Brian Gavin Diamond Signature line. Even though I was hoping for warmer stones, they are so beautiful that I seriously considered purchasing them.

I contacted a jeweler here that I have used before, who is also an acquaintance, and sent him the details of the stones I found and asked if they would work on a rose gold setting with me for any of these beauties. I thought it would be best to set the stones here in Sydney just in case I need any repairs or resizing.

My jeweler "friend" then gave me his opinion on buying a diamond sight unseen & that I MUST see diamonds in person. Basically, I shouldn't put so much emphasis on a piece of paper, no grading will tell me how brilliant a stone is, they won't work with the stones I picked as they consider them to be inferior, and if by some miracle I do find and bring in the right stones, the setting price will double since they're not providing it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed and held back on purchasing any stones until further research. I got very nervous with buying online and second guessed everything. Luckily I came across Todd from Nice Ice who was very quick to answer my questions and provide beautiful examples of stones that were within my price range, a couple of which were from High Performance Diamonds.

Then along came a stone from HPD, it’s a Crafted by Infinity Superideal Round brilliant, 1.73 ct. N SI2. It’s beautifully warm to me, more than perfect for my centre stone and I really like everything about it, but … now I have all these doubts in my head with buying “sight unseen”.

Then Wink came along …

I emailed Wink for more information and I cannot believe how promptly my emails are answered. Not just with providing information that I asked for, but also by being proactive and giving me information I didn’t even think to ask, very important for me considering our time difference (we're about 14hrs ahead). I asked Wink if he could give me more information about the stone when it comes in and if at all possible, more pictures. The reply I got? Not only will he send me a report, pictures and a video, he will also show me the stone “live”. What?!?

Yesterday morning, I received an email from Wink letting me know to contact him for a "live" show of the diamond. He sent me a link to JoinMe and showed me the stone live! No glamour shots, no special lighting and velvet backgrounds, just the stone and the camera in his workshop / office.

It was just the best thing ever! If you’re ever worried about buying sight unseen, then this LIVE presentation that Wink offers specifically on the stone you’re interested in is just perfect.

Wink conducted a live show through Skype / JoinMe and showed me the stone, pointing out the inclusions up close (I had to stick my nose to the screen to see this), moving the stone around to show me how it performs at an arm’s length or near my nose, in a variety of angles, etc, etc. I can't even explain how informative this was, not to mention fun! To see the stone and have everything explained and shown to me at the same time, how it would look next to .25 sides, or next to .50 sides, how it looks against whiter stones, and just so much more. I cannot think of a better and more applicable service to someone considering a purchase.

So, just to show you a little of what I mean, here is a link to a video he made of Buttercup (is it weird that I’ve named it?) which will be set in a Rose Gold Vatche Swan 3 stone setting. :love:

http://www.screencast.com/t/YcbfV3jLX

In all honesty, I think I would’ve passed on this stone if not for Wink’s live interactive presentation, and what a monumental boo-boo that would’ve been. I cannot thank Wink enough for taking the time and initiative to properly introduce this beauty of a stone (aka Buttercup) to me and the way he addressed all my concerns is just beyond the call of duty. Also, a special mention must be made to Todd from Nice Ice who lead me to Wink and High Performance Diamonds.

I can’t wait to wear and treasure the final piece, thank you very much Pricescopers.

:appl:

The nice thing about Join.me is that I can connect to any computer anywhere at no charge to my contact. When you add Skype for the audio then there is no charge to either of us provided you are also a Skype user. Too bad I did not have your image coming in over Skype, it would have been really cool to see your nose pasted to the screen for those close up shots!

I only started doing this a month or two ago and it was good to hear that it was working so well all the way from Boise, Idaho to Sydney, Australia. Those electrons really have it going on!.

Thank you for your kind words!

Wink

CathB

Rough_Rock
Hi Enerchi and angeline!

Buttercup is truly a one in a million find and I can’t ever see myself parting with her, ever. (Although, I did stumble across HPD’s upgrade policy and the terms are just devilishly tempting! ) :naughty:

One thing though, I kind of changed my mind with the Vatche Swan and heading towards a semi-bezel three stone in a pinkish rose gold, very similar to this:

sholdt_three_stone_2.jpg

I worry about the prongs in the Swan. I'm not a gentle creature, very very very far from it actually, and I'm having heart palpitations looking at the beatiful graceful curves of the Vatche Swan :-o

The sidestones will be around 5-6mm in similar warmth as Buttercup.

What do you think?

BTW. I can't wait either ... not sure how I'll go with the waiting period, Wink is going to get sooooo sick of me! :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results