shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink and John Quixote to have regular "office hours"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
John and I have been talking and it occurs to us that you would also like to be able to just pop in and ask us questions from time to time.

I will hold my office hours most afternoons at 6:00 PM EST, which is 4:00 PM in my neck of the woods. The camera will be on and you can just watch me work if, in John''s words, that is your wierdness, or you can type in a question, at which time I will turn on the mike and speak with you about any topic of your choosing. Fortunately Leonid has put in a little ding when someone sends a message, so I will hear it when you type.

John will post his time(s) and we will both try to make it a regular event for you so long as you utilize it. If no one comes we will just work.

Leonid has given us an incredible tool, now we will try to make it work for you as well as for us.

Wink

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Cool Wink. I''ll go live at 12:00 PM EST; same format.

Kind of like having a PS concierge.
1.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow, you guys really are amazing.

can I just say THANK YOU for allowing all of us the opportunity to watch you work and talk with you. That truly is a gift for us and I am sure sometimes it would be nice to just "work in peace"!! lol

Again, I cannot say enough how great it has been to see people here on the website so passionate about that work and willing to share it with whoever wants to listen, so thank you!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your fantastic advice, and professional time that you give to the PS community.

It is invaluable!!!!!

And we appreciate it!!
16.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a great idea! I was hoping there would be some sort of ''regular thing'' where people would know they could contact you...love the idea of office hours so you can still get your work done but be available if someone needs an answer to a question! Thanks!!
36.gif
35.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Reminds me of my college professors'' office hours. Thanks for offering your time Professor Wink, Professor John, and Professor Garry!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Garry and John,

It was a pleasure chatting with ya''ll recently through this. Fantastic idea. Once Leo hooks me in it''ll be a pleasure to participate too.

Peace,

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t forget the camera''s on.

No nose picking.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 10:25:40 AM
Author: kenny

No nose picking.
9.gif
LOL!
9.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I have a client meeting at 12:15 EST today. I''ll go live when it''s over.

I had a request to do some trivia, so I prepared a few quiz questions on *basic* diamond knowledge...for anyone who''s interested.
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am in the process of ordering a high resolution camera that Leonid turned me on to. It will allow me to take images up to 50x (I am not going to buy the 400x lense, that seems to be overkill), When we are doing the live presentations it will allow me to show you up close and personal the gems that I have here.

If it works as well as I think it is going to after watching the demos and listening to Leonid, I believe that soon many vendors here will have it. This will truly take MUCH of the "how is it going to look?" out of your diamond and gems shopping. I am buying the lense that has two lighting options in it, I am thinking that for color this will make a huge difference to see how it looks under different lighting situations...

I feel sort of like a kid in a candy shop and it is Christmas morning.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2007 11:46:22 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/10/2007 10:25:40 AM
Author: kenny

No nose picking.
9.gif
LOL!
9.gif
LOL! No fair taking screen captures if we forget. I will try to scratch too fast for you to catch me...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:55:44 AM
Author: Wink
I am in the process of ordering a high resolution camera that Leonid turned me on to. It will allow me to take images up to 50x (I am not going to buy the 400x lense, that seems to be overkill), When we are doing the live presentations it will allow me to show you up close and personal the gems that I have here.

If it works as well as I think it is going to after watching the demos and listening to Leonid, I believe that soon many vendors here will have it. This will truly take MUCH of the ''how is it going to look?'' out of your diamond and gems shopping. I am buying the lense that has two lighting options in it, I am thinking that for color this will make a huge difference to see how it looks under different lighting situations...

I feel sort of like a kid in a candy shop and it is Christmas morning.

Wink
This will open up a WHOLE new world. Seriously, it is what I have dreamed of. I can only hope all vendors go to this.
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still like email better for buying but these are fun :}

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It's not that you have to surrender your e-mail storm. If you are buying Stuller set diamond from a database it's definitely enough.

I am going to make a personal session on my custom project with Wink available for everyone to see. Anybody interested and what time?
irina
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 2:16:26 PM
Author: Pricescope

I am going to make a personal session on my custom project with Wink available for everyone to see. Anybody interested and what time?
irina
35.gif

YES
9.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:33:23 PM
Author: aljdewey

irina
35.gif

YES
9.gif

These sessions are a bit addictive!!

It''s great to see you all in your element, sharing part of your work day with us!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Anybody interested and what time?
irina
35.gif
Irina...since you''re asking...11 - 12 pm Eastern. I''d say this is wacky...but based on a small sample...there''s a pretty high number of lurkers then....higher than right now, for example. Think they just left their browser open? Even then...it''s all relative, and they could be doing that now, too.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
This is just the most awesome thing ever!!!! Thanks PS and all the vendors who are participating. Wink, really enjoyed your session Monday.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina, I''d be very interested. Let us know when it will happen!!! Lisa
1.gif

I really enjoyed John''s quiz today. Thanks John!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ira, that time is for hmmm other type of shows .

I did not discuss it with Wink yet but if enough people would be interested we definitely announce time ahead.
This is a pendant i am doing for our lovely Lorelei. The girl will be rose gold the rest - white gold. Diamond should be a baguette (i''d like to have a tapered one) or if it''s hard to get a longish emerald.

GirlOnSwingbTap22.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2007 9:45:47 PM

Ira, that time is for hmmm other type of shows .

I did not discuss it with Wink yet but if enough people would be interested we definitely announce time ahead.

This is a pendant i am doing for our lovely Lorelei. The girl will be rose gold the rest - white gold. Diamond should be a baguette (i'd like to have a tapered one) or if it's hard to get a longish emerald.

Wow, what a pretty pendant. I love the idea of doing a session with you, and I REALLY love the ingenuity of that design. I am always happy to work with you on a project and I will look forward to working with you at a time of mutual acceptance to both of us.

If you click on my picture now in the strip above it will send an email to me requesting a conference.

Wink

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love that pendant!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That pendant is absolutely precious! I love it! Can''t wait to see the finished product.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can''t wait to see another of irina''s designs come to life!
36.gif

i have enjoyed these sessions very much. i finally took the plunge and requested a one on one session with john to ask some questions about upgrades
36.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 9:49:57 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Cool Wink. I''ll go live at 12:00 PM EST; same format.

Kind of like having a PS concierge.
1.gif
I''ll be delayed today, as I''m on back to back phone appointments (this time correlates to the east coast lunch hour, which turns out to be the only time some people can speak). I''ll be live as soon as possible. I''m considering a different future time.

Mara, I have no prob with an evening or weekend-cast here and there.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
We asked Wink to fulfil Cehra''s request and he made the date:

"My topic for Monday''s 4PM EST webinar will be "Custom Design, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, How to Know One From the Other." ... Fifteen to twenty minute presentation and Q & A to follow, entire presentation with Q&A to be about 45 minutes."

35.gif
see you there

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Wink wants to do my custom session at his usual 4 pm EST today, please join us.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results