shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink – More Than a Dealer of Crafted by Infinity Diamonds

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does a lady do with 9 remaining diamonds from a 8.94 cwt. parcel of Fancy Intense Yellow round diamonds?

Dear Hubby suggested that I sell them to recoup some of the cost … No Way!!! says cflutist, I want to use ALL of them.

Wink suggested earrings, but I don’t have pierced ears and thus do not wear earrings.

How about a pendant then?

After paying for a beautiful handcrafted tennis bracelet (using 36 diamonds from the parcel and weighing 7.15 cwt.), I wanted a pendant but also wanted to save money on CAD design fees and fabrication/casting charges. So I picked out a stock mounting from Stuller that was for pearls and diamonds that is shown here:

I took a picture of the original mounting and mocked it up with little yellow round dots made from a hole-punch and Post-It notes (the light adhesive works great). Wink gave this drawing to his bench along with a stone map showing where each of the nine diamonds was to be set.

Wink’s talented bench removed the pearl cups and the smaller diamond heads and replaced them with larger 3.8 mm 14K yellow gold heads for the remaining nine FIY diamonds. Each “leg” was modified it to hold 2 and 3 stones each so it would look like a “spray of yellow diamonds”.

The result is a “custom” modified piece in 14K White Gold with 14K Yellow Gold heads that cost a fraction of what a true “custom” piece would have cost. I actually like it more with the 9 FIY diamonds than the original 5 pearls/diamonds.

Here is a link to the video that Wink made for the pendant:
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/rh0ezrjh1b

Here is a picture of the pendant:

Wink is a jeweler of many hats: he sells the beautiful Crafted by Infinity Diamonds, he can get one’s “native” sapphire recut by Richard Homer with concave faceting that changed a “dead” looking stone to one that is “alive” and vibrant, he makes beautiful handcrafted tennis bracelets of colorless or Fancy Intense Yellow diamonds, and has now produced a gorgeous customized pendant of FIY diamonds from a stock Stuller setting. I wholeheartedly recommend Wink for all of your jewelry needs.

stuller_83227.jpg

_21177.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results