shape
carat
color
clarity

Williams Sonoma Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the latest WS catalog this week and can I just say MMMM MMMM GOOD!!!

They did a spanish/mexican theme and the recipes are very yummy!

Greg's bday is in August and I was thinking of doing a small sit-down dinner with our closest friends and doing a Spanish night with Greg's fave Spanish wines, cheeses, other drinks and foods etc.

So I know Spanish is not Mexican but it's related.
9.gif

My fave out of the recipes this month is Tortilla Soup (Latin Inspired Dinner link) with chicken, avocado and fried tortilla strip pieces...YUM! I know that the whole point is to cross-market their products to be used to make the recipe....but I'm such a sucker! I already made a big ole 'gadget' list like the avocado slicer and tortilla press.
31.gif

If you want to check them out and print them:

http://content1.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/index.cfm?cmtype=GlobalNav

I love finding recipes online and printing them for my book!!

ENJOY!!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds yummy. I love the idea of having a special dinner party for Greg with his favorite foods and your closest friends. You must be a very good cook.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m good enough to follow a recipe!
9.gif

I actually am very good at certain things and mediocre at others when it comes to cooking!!

I love trying out new things on friends at parties...especially fun things like drinks. Thee''s a new Lemonade Mojito recipe in the catalog as well which uses Lemons and Vodka...YUM. I love vodka mojitos!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Okay where''s this catalogue and how do I get one?
emwink.gif

Mara, Can I just tell you that you are cracking me up? Derrick I went on a cruise 2 years ago and we went to the Bacardi Distillery in San Juan and were introduced to the MOJITO. MMMM MMMM MMMM! We love them~

Derrick makes a big to do of my birthday (also in August- the 13th to be exact). It has a letter theme. Last years letter was "M", so everything we did and every gift I received started with the letter "M". Before dinner he took me to have "M"ojitos.
emcocktl.gif
(not a mojito, but close enough)

Derrick is also a HUGE fan of lemonade (we always have a pitcher in the fridge), so I have to get this recipe. Do you buy the catalogue or sign up for it online?

I love the idea of you throwing a party for Greg! I need to come up with something thoughtful and sweet like that for D, cause he makes my day so special.....You are giving me ideas!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I ended up on their email list and occassionally there is a recipe mailed too. Tried one or two of them and they were good!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Mojitos=
9.gif

18.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2005 7:55:13 PM
Author: Mara
I''m good enough to follow a recipe!
9.gif

I actually am very good at certain things and mediocre at others when it comes to cooking!!

I love trying out new things on friends at parties...especially fun things like drinks. Thee''s a new Lemonade Mojito recipe in the catalog as well which uses Lemons and Vodka...YUM. I love vodka mojitos!
I did a search for the lemonade mojito but couldn''t find it....could you post that recipe pretty please?

Thanks,

Heather

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah well i discovered why you couldn''t find the lemonade mojitos...they were in InStyle and not WS....duh!! been looking at too many recipes!

They look awesome..here''s the recipe:

In a large bowl muddle 1/2 cup mint leaves with sugar syrup (see below). Stir in 5 cups club soda, 4 cups vodka, 4 cups fresh lemon juice, and 2/3 cup superfine sugar (I personally like mine sweeter so I''d probably put more!)...Chill. Pour into ice filled pitchers with lemon rounds and mint sprigs, serve in tall glasses.

Sugar Syrup: Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over low heat, stirring with wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring and increase heatto medium. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool; refridgerate 2 hours before using.

Serves 20

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jorman, maybe we can try them when you guys are finally local!

Jen, are you still allowed mojitos or have you been cut off?!? I guess if you make them at home it's not spending $$ right?!
31.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2005 1:30:11 AM
Author: Mara
ah well i discovered why you couldn''t find the lemonade mojitos...they were in InStyle and not WS....duh!! been looking at too many recipes!

They look awesome..here''s the recipe:

In a large bowl muddle 1/2 cup mint leaves with sugar syrup (see below). Stir in 5 cups club soda, 4 cups vodka, 4 cups fresh lemon juice, and 2/3 cup superfine sugar (I personally like mine sweeter so I''d probably put more!)...Chill. Pour into ice filled pitchers with lemon rounds and mint sprigs, serve in tall glasses.

Sugar Syrup: Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over low heat, stirring with wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring and increase heatto medium. Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool; refridgerate 2 hours before using.

Serves 20
Thanks!
9.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome!
Thanks for the recipe!
I actually went online and signed up for the W-S catalogue to come to our new place in CA!
Yummy!
18.gif

I can''t wait to try them and the picture of that tortilla soup looks FANTASTIC!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
fabulous jorman!! i love the WS catalog..it''s like a dual happiness....combining shopping for kitchen items (my weakness!) with yummy dishes to make!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of new recipes!
Derrick gets a magazine from Central Market, which is an HEB grocery twist. They offer gormet foods mixed in with your normal kraft variety, as well as premium produce, spices, seafood and meats. They also offer cooking classes weekly specializing in different areas- sushi, or chocolate lovers, well, they cover basically anything you can think of...
We want to take some classses together as couple, so I hope there is something like that in the area.

I printed off the mojito recipe and told D about it. He was very excited about it!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I love the WS web site for recipes. They usually have some seasonal specialities, plus a percentage of the recipes from their cookbooks. It''s great if you are not at home and need a recipe, or for someone like me who always has the book I want at the other house. Epicourous is also a good source.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results