shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you take a Covid 19 shot as soon as it is available?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
or will you wait and see b/c the vaccine is on a fast track?

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire Really good question! Haven't even got around to thinking about it. I'm a nurse, carer to my son who has additional needs and have a health condition myself that probably wouldn't make Covid a walk in the park for me if I contracted it. :think:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will wait.
My daughter is one of those who had serious issues after the Guardsil vaccine. It has made me wary of any new vaccination, and I am especially concerned considering the rush to get this one out.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will wait and so will our two kids, if that means they need to be homeschooled then so be it.

ETA: "waiting" for us may mean we never get it, how long is long enough to prove it's safe? I have no answer for that.

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I will wait until it's proven safe.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will not be getting it at all. We will continue to be careful and keep away from the major crowds and being careful.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
likely. time will tell.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I will only take it when it's convenient for me, i.e. close on the heel of a visit to my doctor or pharmacy. I would feel the same way about it as for a flu shot; good to take, but at my age, not a necessity.

I think it's entirely possible I've contracted the coronavirus in 2019, or I'm asymptomatic, in which case a shot would be superfluous.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will see, but I will probably ask my doctor for another antibody test before getting it, if/when I do.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would if it has been assessed as sufficiently safe by the regulators.

I am a HCP by profession and work in the pharma industry, and am fully aware that even the most common drugs such as Paracetamol and Ibuprofen that are readily available without prescriptions have side effects. I have yet to come across a drug that is 100% safe without any side effects.

It is about balancing safety and benefits, and I would not hesitate to be vaccinated if it has been assessed as safe.

DK :))

Q

Queenie60

I'll wait until I know more about it and the level of safety

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far it seems like PSers are at about 50/50. I have never gotten a flu shot in my life so I'll wait and see.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As soon as it is available.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will not. Never had a flu shot and never had the flu. ;-)

Same. Although I wonder if I will be required to because I’m a teacher.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not if tRump is president.
I'd be suspicious of the vaccine's real safety.

As with much of our government, he's probably replaced any competent top brass at FDA with imbecilic tRump sycophants. :nono:

If it benefits tRump politically, it wouldn't surprise me if he pushed the FDA's leaders to approve the vaccine before it meets proper standards of safety.

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not if tRump is president.
I'd be suspicious of the vaccine's real safety.

As with much of our government, he's probably replaced any competent top brass at FDA with imbecilic tRump sycophants. :nono:

If it benefits tRump politically, it wouldn't surprise me if he pushed the FDA's leaders to approve the vaccine before it meets proper standards of safety.

Would you be more comfortable if it was the same vaccine offered in other countries?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you be more comfortable if it was the same vaccine offered in other countries?

If it was developed in America, no.

Even then, I admit that I would trust the drug/medical standards of some countries more than I would others.
I won't name which countries, as that would send our overly-sensitive-PC members in to a tizzy.
If people want to believe all drugs from all countries are equally safe, that's their business. I don't.

It's very sad that I have less confidence in offerings of my own country now.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

When it has gone through "proper" clinical trials and the evidence documented/peer reviewed.

cheers--Sharon

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
A few questions:

1) How many new/fast track drugs have had side effects? What kind, and in what % of patients?
2) How long until it's considered a proven drug?
3) Who is the manufacturer and what experience/track record do they have?

I am generally for immunizations and vaccines, so will likely get it as long as it is safe.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

I would trust it from some countries. Israel, Canada, Australia, England, Germany, Switzerland, South Korea maybe (not sure of their track record) to name just a few. Not China..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, this is around the corner from my house, I was a bit startled when I drove past so I had to stop and get out.

I'm guessing these neighbors will be a "no" for the shot

IMG_8466.JPG

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Creepy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Right? Hey it made me stop though so I guess that's the idea, they succeeded in their approach for sure.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, this is around the corner from my house, I was a bit startled when I drove past so I had to stop and get out.

I'm guessing these neighbors will be a "no" for the shot

IMG_8466.JPG

WTF is wrong with people?!?!!??!?! I have zero patience for people who spread debunked lies.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTF is wrong with people?!?!!??!?! I have zero patience for people who spread debunked lies.

Yup, well that's our town for you, you see some crazy $hit around here. Like a head of Shakespeare being pushed in a shopping cart during a July 4th festival. Nothing surprises me anymore....well except this was a little surprising

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results