shape
carat
color
clarity

will we ever see PT settings selling for...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the same price as 18K gold settings?

this morning per oz of PT is trading about $100 lower than per oz of gold.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was JUST in a shop yesterday looking at something for a friend that was priced the same for both options!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a fair amount of the designs you see out there, most of the cost is in labor, not the metal, and working platinum is significantly more difficult than working gold. It's amazing to see that platinum is well UNDER the price of gold at the moment but I don't expect it to last and the problem of labor make it hard to see a pattern of PT rings below similar 18k ones. We'll see, stranger things have happened.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Right now the price of both is speculation in my opinion.

However in the long term I see gold being higher than plat.

Automotive use was about 90+% of yearly plat use( the exact number varies depending on who you ask).
The use of plat in cars has fallen to near 0 because it priced itself out of the market and better and much cheaper materials have been approved by the US government.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1317227889|3027911 said:
Right now the price of both is speculation in my opinion.

However in the long term I see gold being higher than plat.

Automotive use was about 90+% of yearly plat use( the exact number varies depending on who you ask).
The use of plat in cars has fallen to near 0 because it priced itself out of the market and better and much cheaper materials have been approved by the US government.

Fascinating. I wonder how quickly marketing will adjust, and how quickly plat will fall to second place in the opinions of the masses, should this indeed be the case?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results