shape
carat
color
clarity

Will it shine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapaws

Rough_Rock
Will this diamond really shine? Is there anyway to actually know without seeing it first....

Thanks.

82-268.jpg

sapaws

Rough_Rock
P.S. It's 7700 USD

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the crown and pavilon angles? Those information are critical to get the cut grading and predicted optical performance. A good cut is what makes the diamond sparkle. The current information for this diamond is promising but I can't say for sure until you have the other numbers.

sapaws

Rough_Rock
Where would I find that? I thought it would be on the CERT. Guess not. I will ask vendor.

Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can ask the vendor for a Sarin report which will give you the crown and pavilion angles. Once you have that information, you can enter all the information you have into the DIY Holloway Cut Advisor (HCA) here:
HCA

Any result 2 and under means this will more than likely be a top performer.

Other things to look for include:
1. H&A pictures if it is sold as a H&A diamond
2. Idealscope picture to check for light leakage
3. Magnified pictures for inclusions (but I would think a VS1 is very clean)
4. See it for yourself and/or send it to an appraiser
5. Review their return policy

joemok

Rough_Rock
Wow! Same problem I met when i was shopping for my proposal diamond.
tongue.gif

Most of the shops had GIA certs or HRD, no angles or percentage mentioned.

By the way, isn't USD$7,700/- kind of steep?

Rdgs Joe

++++++++++++++
John 14.6

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you are a gambler, the stone is very likely to be quite pretty. It may fall out of being totally ideal cut since the crown and pavilion % are missing and the girdle may be too thick. UV fluorescence is a factor that may affect value and appearance. A sarin report will give you more details, but you need to see the diamond to be sure 100% anyway. Very few diamonds with the specs on this GIA report wuld be "bad" stones....But is is way nicer to have all the data.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a nice once from White Flash:
1.2ct H VS1

It is listed for $7,254 but you can get it for $7,073 with a Pricescope discount. $7.7K is a tad steep. It has a HCA score of 1.3 (3 EX and 1 VG) with a very impressive looking Idealscope image.

rbrilliant

Rough_Rock
You could also ask the supplier with a Megascope Report. This will give you the measurements and angles of each individual facet. Then you can plug the information you get into any "Ideal cut" formula you want to place it in. The supplier might not have a Megascope but can usually get one done for under $10-20.

sapaws

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyones help..would be lost withouth this board.

Will try and get Sarin report...

JC

Shiny_Rock
Did I see you say that this diamond was listed for $7,700??? That's strange. This SAME diamond is listed for much lower prices by vendors right here on Pricescope. You may want to check on that price, because it's listed for $6,708, $6,786, $6,800, $6,801, and $6,807 right on this website. Just an fyi. Good luck....

wavey.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right, Josh! I sure hope the $7,700 was a typo. I saw it as $6,700 and upwards.

sapaws

Rough_Rock
That is a USD price in Toronto Canada. If I order US for 1000 less, pay the taxes and 10% Excise and Brokerage fees, it gets quite close to 7700. But yes the same diamond is cheaper on price scope. I may order from the US. Might save a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results