shape
carat
color
clarity

Will HE like it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

togal

Shiny_Rock
My husband''s having a milestone birthday in about 7 weeks time (I won''t say which birthday....but suffice it say that it''s the "new 30"!). Anyway, I wanted to give him something a little extra special this year, to sort of take the sting out of turning .....welll...."the new 30". He''s never worn a bracelet, but I''ve always thought they look very classy when I see them on other men. I found one that I think looks really good. When I was at the store, I spotted a ring that worked perfectly with the bracelet....so I went all out and got him both. The ring is yellow and white gold with a smallish diamond. I''m thinking of getting the ring engraved with something on the underside, as it''s quite a large shank....it''s actually a very substantial ring and feels nice on the finger...it weighs close to 12 grams. I''m so excited to give it to him.....I''ll be lucky to hold out the full seven weeks! I really hope he likes it. Let me know what you all think. Here''s a few pics I took.

togal

Shiny_Rock

mc ring 2.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

mc ring 5.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

mc ring 3.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock

mc ring 4.JPG

togal

Shiny_Rock
pardon my pink p.j.s. It would look better on a more masculine hand (hubby doesn't wear red polish)...but you get the idea.

mc ring.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow Togal I think they are both gorgeous and definately masculine looking. It will be interesting to get a man's opinion on this. My husband would wear the ring, but there is no way I could get that bracelet on him.

Edited to add: I hope your hubby loves them and has a wonderful birthday! What a nice gift.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Th ring and the bracelet are both very good looking. My DH has several RHR''s and he does have a bracelet that he wears once in a while. (he seems to want to be more dressed up when he wears the bracelet and sometimes I think he forgets he has it)

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 11:50:40 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I showed my FI and he said DAMN THAT'S NICE!!!
Oh, yay... I'm glad your FI likes it...I admit that I'm a little worried about the bracelet....this will be a new concept for him! Worse case scenario is that he exchanges it for a chain....or I use the store credit for myself
27.gif

I got it in Toronto at a jeweller in the downtown area.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 11:58:59 AM
Author: Cind11
Th ring and the bracelet are both very good looking. My DH has several RHR''s and he does have a bracelet that he wears once in a while. (he seems to want to be more dressed up when he wears the bracelet and sometimes I think he forgets he has it)

I expect that he''ll only wear the bracelet when he''s dressed up to go out for dinner, or something like that. Can''t see him wearing it daily.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, great gifts! Very nice!
36.gif

I''m not sure I could my FI to wear anything except a watch (he has like 20) his college ring, and wedding ring. I might get him a bracelet one day anyway, so let us know how your hubby likes it!

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 12:25:18 PM
Author: XChick03
Wow, great gifts! Very nice!
36.gif

I''m not sure I could my FI to wear anything except a watch (he has like 20) his college ring, and wedding ring. I might get him a bracelet one day anyway, so let us know how your hubby likes it!
Okay, I''ll keep you posted. We''ll use my hubby as the bracelet guinea pig
9.gif
. The bracelet actually looks more like a nice watch strap without the watch....or at least it does to me.
21.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great! Has that ''I''m a well poilished man'' look to it. Hope he loves it as much as we do!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the bracelet. It''s very masculine. I am sure he will love it.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
haha I agree that it looks like a nice watch strap.
I just asked my bf and he said he thought it was really nice.. he said he wouldn''t wear the ring but that''s because it had the diamond... but he loved the look of both! (he just doesn''t "do" diamonds..lol)!

I''m excited to hear how he likes it!

Wish him a happy 29th birthday!!( since my dad has been like 40, he has said every year that he is turning 29, so now on his cakes we just put happy 29th birthday! haha)

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love that bracelet! My hubby would def. wear that! (Don''t think I could get any other ring than a w-ring on him, though..)

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
That bracelet is gorgeous, my FI would love that. He has numerous bracelets, rings, necklaces. Boys need their bling too! Hehe
Nicole

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are very masculine and great for when he dresses up a bit. My dh does not like jewelry except for watches and maybe cufflinks when needed. He does not waer a ring, which 16 years ago pissed me off when he told me he would rather not because once he got his hand caught on something because of his college ring and he has this fear...I frankly did not care too much, more bling for me!! But, without knowing your dh, I think they are both tasteful and he will likely be thrilled...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think he will love them!!

My stepfather has a gold bracelet that my mother bought for him, and he wears it when he gets dressed up
1.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous togal!! Masculine but VERY VERY stylish, great pick on both!! If ONLY my DFH would wear jewellery (he plans on wearing his wedding ring on a chain around his neck and only put it on his finger if we go out for dinner or sumthing), he only wears a silver chain with a sagittarius pendant he has had for about 12 years from his grandmother. He despises any other form of jewellery, he even hates wearing a watch!
38.gif
Of course, I don''t understand
41.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
my husband would never wear a bracelet or a ring in a gazillion years. he wears his wedding band and his watch. i hope he has indicated an interest or propensity for such items or you may be disappointed

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I thinkg they are gorgeous! The 2-tone is very nice. My husband has a couple of bracelets (one yellow gold and the other titanium), many watches, and quite a few wedding rings too! They are interchangeable depending on the occasion. No RHR or neck chain for my hubby though. He thinks that is just tooooooooo much bling.
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
togal,

I think you know your man and it''s a great set if he likes the two/tone, the little diamond and the bracelet. i actually want to get my hubby the diamond band like the one Brad Pitt designed when he was married to Jennifer aniston. I showed it to him and he thought it was nice and said he''d wear it but he''d rather have a new set of golf clubs for the money
40.gif
. I still want him to have it so I may get it for him anyway
9.gif

Anyway, it''s a very thoughtful gift and I think HE will like it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband only wears a wedding ring and a watch. He has a college ring which he never wears. He wouldn't wear a bracelet. He really likes gifts in the tools or electronics categories and I am the one who likes the jewelry! As long as he sticks to jewelry for me, I'll stick to tools and electronics for him.
2.gif

ETA: This is a very good looking men's set! You know your husband and I am sure you have chosen something he will love!

gemnick

Rough_Rock
Wow, that''s a beautiful set. He''s a lucky guy - and I''m sure he''s really going to like it. Nice going! -Gemnick

togal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of your replies. As I'm sure you can imagine, choosing a meaningful gift for a man can be challenging, to say the least.
1.gif

NRTrackChamp2004

Rough_Rock
I think he''ll like it, I like it. I''ma dude. I wear two state championship rings (one on each hand)((I have a 3rd, and was going to wear 2 on one hand, but I decided to give my girlfriend one)) But I also wear a white gold bracelet and necklace, but rope chains. I personally like jewlery, always have. I actually plan on having diamonds in my wedding band. I think if i''m going to spend all this money for my girlfriends engagement ring and wedding ring, she can spend some money on my wedding band. But... I think he''ll love it!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
They are both attractive, and masculine as far as men''s jewelry goes, but as windowshopper said, my husband would never wear a bracelet (or probably any other ring than wedding or school) in a gazillion years. he wears his wedding band and his watch. As long as your hubby is the type to wear jewelry like that, it''s a very nice set!

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 8:23:47 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
They are both attractive, and masculine as far as men''s jewelry goes, but as windowshopper said, my husband would never wear a bracelet (or probably any other ring than wedding or school) in a gazillion years. he wears his wedding band and his watch. As long as your hubby is the type to wear jewelry like that, it''s a very nice set!
Thanks. It''s always difficult to assess what someone else would like....be it male or female....people are just so darn hard to buy for
face18.gif
. What actually sparked my idea was when my husband, on more than one occassion, commented on a diamond ring a co-worker wears. He told me that there were about five, fairly large, channel set diamonds in the band, which apparently he keeps very polished and shiney, which caught DH''s eye. Hubby has a ring with a few small diamonds in it (3 x 3 pointers), and he asked me one day if it was too subtle.....so a bell went off in my head and I thought "this man wants some bling!"
emteeth.gif
. He''s turning 50
emdgust.gif
....so I think he can pull it off.
emsmile.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like he might have been hinting then! If so, that ring looks like just the ticket.

(I agree about how hard it is to buy for some people. I never know what to get my DH.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results