shape
carat
color
clarity

Will GIA identify my diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlinks

Rough_Rock
I proposed last week with the sun rising in Miami Beach. Needless to say it was perfect! However on another note, my fiancee and I took the ring to get it sized a little better and there is no identification of the report number on the girdle of the diamond. My question is will they transcribe it on the diamond for me for a little fee? I have the GIA report as well. Thanks as always for your time.

tlinks

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 8:32:15 PM
Author:tlinks
I proposed last week with the sun rising in Miami Beach. Needless to say it was perfect! However on another note, my fiancee and I took the ring to get it sized a little better and there is no identification of the report number on the girdle of the diamond. My question is will they transcribe it on the diamond for me for a little fee? I have the GIA report as well. Thanks as always for your time.

tlinks
Congrats on your engagement. You want GIA to laser inscribe the diamond or your jeweler?? I think you would have to send it back to GIA for that. Not sure of the cost though. I'm sure the experts will chime in
2.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Copngratulations!

GIA will inscribe things on the girdle for a fairly small fee if you get it to one of thier offices (CA or NYC). There are quite a few other providers of this sort of service that can either work with you or your jeweler that may be both faster and less expensive. It''s also worth noting that GIA will only work on unmounted stones. Other vendors have different rules about this. Talk to your jeweler about it.

There''s a user here who is in that business in Houston who posts under the name Laserlady but I don''t know how to contact her unless she happens to read this message.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/14/2006 8:32:15 PM
Author:tlinks

tlinks
Hi tlinks,

According to the latest GIA "Diamond Services Fee Schedule," Requests for Inscription of GIA Report number made more than 30 days after completion of grading are subject to Update charges. GIA will perform inscription services on loose, unmounted diamonds only. Their NY phone number is 212-221-5858 if you care to call.

It is possible to laser inscribe a diamond on the girdle even if it is mounted, so have no fear. Many labs are able to do this.

And "best wishes" on your engagement!
36.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results