shape
carat
color
clarity

Will a K color look okay in yellow gold?

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I am in the midst of considering another ring (would be a RHR/alternate e-ring). How many rings does one woman need? Quite a few apparently :kiss2:. I love the idea of a big, blingy oval diamond. I am seeing some really great prices on oval MMDs that have more color to them. I'm feeling brave after seeing some absolutely gorgeous rings on this sub in the J/K-ish range, especially when set in yellow or rose gold. Anyone have any thoughts on these three options? How might they look set in a 'paler' 10k gold? Or should I go for a more coppery 14-18k? Thanks so much to anyone who takes a look!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a K would look amazing in a 14-18K yellow gold.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies! Any thoughts on the three options above?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think everything looks good in yellow gold

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It depends what you're trying to achieve :D I adore yellow gold (and only wear yellow really) but if you mean, will a K look more colourless in yellow, then I'm not so sure. If you weren't worried about the stone looking higher in colour then absolutely it'll look gorgeous in yellow :D

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I have a J in 18k rose gold, and it looks fabulous! In fact, my jeweler recommended I put it in 18k, because it will appear warm and golden. She placed it in a 18k white setting to show me the difference.... and I found the white gold to clash with the warm J. It will look divine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results