shape
carat
color
clarity

wierd medical question for the heath care pros.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a pressure sore on my elbow that keeps coming back and takes a long time to heal because it pops open all the time. I can't keep a bandage on it.
It's from leaning on my elbow when sitting or laying down.
I try not to but its just natural for me to put it that way.
Anyway:
In the hospital last year they put a padded bandage on it that looked like a little pillow maybe an inch and a half around and stayed on for over a week.
I need to know what they are called because I can not find them.
I looked at the pharmacy and searched online.
I asked one nurse and she didn't know what I was talking about either.
Thank in advance!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was it something like this?

Or this? Very similar products.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not any sort of medical professional but I wonder if a blister plaster - a hydrocolloid dressing would be what they put on your pressure sore? Something like these?

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Phone your GP or local pharmacy & ask what they are called.They will help you=)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pressure sore on my elbow that keeps coming back and takes a long time to heal because it pops open all the time. I can't keep a bandage on it.
It's from leaning on my elbow when sitting or laying down.
I try not to but its just natural for me to put it that way.
Anyway:
In the hospital last year they put a padded bandage on it that looked like a little pillow maybe an inch and a half around and stayed on for over a week.
I need to know what they are called because I can not find them.
I looked at the pharmacy and searched online.
I asked one nurse and she didn't know what I was talking about either.
Thank in advance!

@Karl_K something like this perhaps?

Also, when I got a pressure sore after breaking my leg and having to remain immobile I found Terrasil to be helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/Terrasil®-Wound-Care-Recommended-Protection/dp/B00N2VOLF4

HTH and good luck.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter had the Allevyn Adhesive Foam pads when one of her new glasses legs rubbed an open pressure sore over the top of her ear once. They are amazing - you can cut them to any size & don't need the sticky border edge, because they are sticky all over the back but very gentle & don't hurt to remove. We used to chop out a tiny square of pillow & stick it on the top of the ulcer, then place her glasses leg over the top. Breathable & worked a treat to add padding whilst aiding healing.
PXL_20210121_112040342.jpg PXL_20210121_112106168.jpg PXL_20210121_112109228.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wound care nurse here. If this is a pressure ulcer, could it be a silicone adhesive foam dressing. Those are common for sacral pressure ulcers and they generally stay put. They make them in various shapes.

41HffAyBw0L._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My daughter had the Allevyn Adhesive Foam pads when one of her new glasses legs rubbed an open pressure sore over the top of her ear once. They are amazing - you can cut them to any size & don't need the sticky border edge, because they are sticky all over the back but very gentle & don't hurt to remove. We used to chop out a tiny square of pillow & stick it on the top of the ulcer, then place her glasses leg over the top. Breathable & worked a treat to add padding whilst aiding healing.
PXL_20210121_112040342.jpg PXL_20210121_112106168.jpg PXL_20210121_112109228.jpg

that is kewl that I can cut them to any size.
Thanks!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wound care nurse here. If this is a pressure ulcer, could it be a silicone adhesive foam dressing. Those are common for sacral pressure ulcers and they generally stay put. They make them in various shapes.

41HffAyBw0L._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

I pretty sure it was, now i'm looking for the smaller sizes but if I can cut a larger one I will probably go that route.
Thank you everyone!!!!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aquacel ag Screenshot_20210121-133049_Chrome.jpg
They are sold in different sizes

AG is silver. I dont think silver helps much beyond the initial stage where the wound is infected and you're trying to clear the infection. Silver is antimicrobial. But for healing, because silver can have an adverse effect on keratinocytes and fibroblasts, I dont recommend it. What I do recommend are honey dressings. Also antimicrobial, but no adverse effects on the skin.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AG is silver. I dont think silver helps much beyond the initial stage where the wound is infected and you're trying to clear the infection. Silver is antimicrobial. But for healing, because silver can have an adverse effect on keratinocytes and fibroblasts, I dont recommend it. What I do recommend are honey dressings. Also antimicrobial, but no adverse effects on the skin.

All this chatter about dressings brings back memories of my years working on Burns and Plastics!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this chatter about dressings brings back memories of my years working on Burns and Plastics!

I worked in a burn ward for a year as a clinical research assistant. Heartbreaking. Learned so much about wound care though. When I got to med school on the ED rotation, the residents would end up asking me questions since treating burns is pretty unique and they often just stabilize and refer out to the specialty ward.

Recently got a bad kitchen burn and loved my Manuka honey bandages so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results