shape
carat
color
clarity

Wider Baguette Band + Round Solitaire - not sure how I feel ?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Tiffany as a stand-alone ring but I feel like it takes away a bit from your beautiful solitaire. The 6 pointer looks perfect, just enough without being over or underwhelming.

Also, lovely hands and nails!

Ha why thank you - I often think if I only had longer fingers, all the rings I want would work out a bit better for me !

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2mm, it’s lower than I guessed. It’s very pretty!

If I were having the same size channel set as the T, custom
made, I wouldn’t ask for thinner walls. I would however ask for the outside edges to be softer a bit. To reflect the softness of your er band a bit.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your wonderful input! I’ve never come to a decision so fast - I’m going to part with the Tiffany and then get the custom baguette and round eternity. And hopefully a shared prong round down the road as well : )

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@e2the3rd -- if you don't mind me asking, what size is the Tiffany band you are parting with??

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun - popped into Tiffany today and tried on the slimmer version of the band I decided to part with - I was so surprised my store had one! - and the medium Embrace band (they call it 3mm and I think stones are 2.7mm)… I loved both, but still was most excited by the baguette and round channel band : )

I know many say their diamonds aren’t any better, but boy are they fiery and sparkly!

EA48CA7B-3F02-4A77-BC36-21B46FD078BA.jpeg 28B8EA75-EF45-4233-8E90-830A7E7F81C4.jpeg 28A8FE26-0841-428E-AC3D-C47FB75FAEDA.jpeg FE2E230C-6DB5-4FCB-AED2-B1EC834DF81A.jpeg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm… so do you think you might go with the one you tried on or are you still going with custom? Agree that the thinner band looks better as a set but the thick one looks great alone. Sorry you have to give it up.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, all! Ever since I got my DK solitaire reset (swapped an 8mm moiss for 7.67mm lg Diamond), I haven’t been loving it with my wedding band like I did with the larger stone soli, even though you would think it’s such a small difference. But the proportions seem off to me. My DK pave band has 2.5 pointers.

I bought a preloved 4 pointer band and it’s been much better, and I tried out a 6 pointer, but wasn’t sure. And started planning on a custom 7 pointer, shared prong open basket like the Embrace.

Then started thinking I need a baguette band to contrast with the round diamond, so I can enjoy the solitaire as though it’s on its own…. Sometimes it seems like all the round stones between the two rings are competing, or my eyes can’t see the solitaire and band separately enough, if that makes sense. And I just love baguettes.

Searched for months and tried to decide between horizontal vs vertical vs baguette plus round. I tried for so long to find pictures of baguette wedding bands paired with a round solitaire, and there are very, very few. Finally I pulled the trigger on a preloved Tiffany Channel Set Baguette and Round. Also, I had been thinking I wanted to go with a wider band than my usual ~2mm, for something different. This one is 3.6mm.

So, here’s my new band. I like it, it’s different, and wider… can’t decide yet if I love it though, or what would make me love it. Considering having DK make me a bit slimmer antique one I saw for sale. And still considering custom shared prong round.

Would appreciate any feedback! Is this band too much / overwhelming with my e ring, or do I just need time to adjust? Thx!
8EE593AC-FC74-4B78-A193-3CC560BA901A.jpeg A51B1E30-6EA2-4F3A-9187-9A9A6D03DE37.jpeg 994AF90C-ADDF-4DB4-AB38-339C22FDA754.jpeg 03603CCB-4464-4BD2-B898-02589C420468.jpeg E643740D-608C-46FF-8C2B-23D9C15023E1.jpeg 08635B4E-042D-42DB-B6AF-CCFF4D55464F.jpeg

This trio shows the new band, my little DK pave band (1.8mm), and the 6 pointer I tried
7ADF28A1-E3AA-4EC4-9B38-47BEE49A5C22.jpeg

I’m old school but I really think you can keep the original band. I think it looks great! Of course being older, I do like wider bands. But IMO you can rock it! I also like the thinner tiffany bag bags you tried on.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm… so do you think you might go with the one you tried on or are you still going with custom? Agree that the thinner band looks better as a set but the thick one looks great alone. Sorry you have to give it up.

I’m definitely hung up on the custom one now. If I’d found the slimmer version Tiffany (preloved not new $$) in the first place, I may have never questioned it. But as I see now, there’s a thickness or something about the shaping of the channel walls on both size Tiffany baguette rings that doesn’t seem quite right next to my e ring. Also looking forward to a full eternity

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I’m old school but I really think you can keep the original band. I think it looks great! Of course being older, I do like wider bands. But IMO you can rock it! I also like the thinner tiffany bag bags you tried on.

Thanks @Slick1 - I liked it very very much, and the width and chunky-ness was a cool look, but after talking it through here I can’t unsee what was pointed out about it not quite working with my e ring. I’ve got my heart set on the custom full eternity now. Pretty sure anyway! ; )

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about putting the 6 point band in between your solitaire and the Tiffany band. I bet that would have a nice flow to it. Love all of the bands but I think the Tiffany band overpowers your solitaire. If you do go with a custom made DK piece, I would have some fine miligrain added to it! Would be stunning!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe vertical baguettes? 95B01C78-522E-4C66-BB97-67B2334F1275.jpeg

Um YES. Love this! I had added a pic near the end of page 1 with a similar band. Is this your set? I must find one to try on

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um YES. Love this! I had added a pic near the end of page 1 with a similar band. Is this your set? I must find one to try on

Yes. It’s one of my bands. I always get compliments on it too; classic but a bit different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results