shape
carat
color
clarity

Why????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
Can anyone explain to me how not to go crazy with waiting?? We bought the ring 2 months ago, and I know it''s been in our house for the past 5 or 6 weeks (because he showed it to me, then hid it away). I was waiting (somewhat) patiently, because I knew that we were going on a trip to NYC this past Friday and Saturday, followed by a trip to my best friend''s wedding on Sunday. Needless to say, EVERYONE was convinced he would propose in NY on Friday or Saturday - one of his friends even sent him a text message Friday night to see if there was any "big news" yet! He showed me the message and laughed, saying that of course he would not propose this weekend, because he didn''t want to be rude and steal my friend''s thunder. Argh! To be fair, there are a lot of situations where that would be true, but my friend was having the most laid-back, casual wedding ever, and would definitely just have been excited for me. In fact, she started jumping up and down when she saw me on Sunday, until she saw there was no ring on my hand.
8.gif

So, my bf and I had a talk about it, where he reassured me that he has this great plan, and I''m going to absolutely love it, and gave me a big hug. He said it shouldn''t matter when he does it, because I know it''s going to happen, and we''ve decided to get married next August. A couple of days later, we were both writing up possible guest lists for the wedding... but still no ring.
7.gif

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Why does he feel that the proposal has to be big and splashy, when in reality, it will be special simply because of what he is asking me?? I don''t mean to sound horribly impatient, since I definitely know this will happen, but come on already!!
20.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I also don''t feel the need for a lavish proposal, but I think guys like it to be something memorable. Everyone always asks "how did he propose" and I think it''s an ego thing for guys to make sure that their proposal is awesome. That and wanting to make it special for the woman they love, of course
2.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
I guess I am in a similar situation where my bf has the ring and appears to be REFUSING to propose
2.gif
. However, here is my thought. If you have seen the ring already, the huge ring surprise is kind of gone in his eyes...so this one big proposal gesture is kind of his only chance to surprise you!!

Although it is romantic to think that you don''t need the big proposal, and even if it is true for you...this is the one part of the process that is about him, so let him enjoy it! Trust me...it will pay off for you!

Just sit back...relax...and be happy that you have such a thoughtful bf who wants to make sure the proposal is as special as possible!

Congrats on the future engagement!
36.gif

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
Thanks! You''re both completely right, and intellectually I knew all of that, but sometimes it just helps to hear it from someone else - especially someone who understands what I''m going through.
1.gif
And congrats on your future engagement as well, sunshine.
9.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I chose a stone last week and so I''m currently waiting for the ring to be made...and I gotta admit, it''s torture. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be to know that your boyfriend has the ring, but hasn''t proposed yet!

Keep your spirits up and smile! (I should listen to my own advice.)

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
This is why i love PS so much! Everybody here understands! I''m in a similar situation as you are! Ring has been made, bought and picked up and is hiding at his dad''s house..and the family knows he has the ring..but just waiting for him to propose! Its driving me batty too!! But there is great comfort to know that we are not the only crazy LIW''s around!

Deep breath, and just know that it is coming! Hopefully sooner than later!
36.gif

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 5:02:27 PM
Author: whenharrymetsally
This is why i love PS so much! Everybody here understands! I''m in a similar situation as you are! Ring has been made, bought and picked up and is hiding at his dad''s house..and the family knows he has the ring..but just waiting for him to propose! Its driving me batty too!! But there is great comfort to know that we are not the only crazy LIW''s around!

Deep breath, and just know that it is coming! Hopefully sooner than later!
36.gif
I agree!!! I can''t imagine what I''d do if I thought I was really the only one who was going through this. To make matters worse, I got this preachy, "I''m concerned about you" email from a good friend of mine today when she heard my bf did not propose this past weekend. She basically told me she''s not sure he''s ever going to do it, and to be careful not to really start planning or reserve anything (even though she knows he has the ring)! Ugh. I''m kind of tired of telling people, "Yes, I know he''s taking a long time, but he''s really going to ask me... really!"
7.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
My bf and I picked out a ring months and months back.
I know he has had it for a few weeks....and I am also waiting and going crazy knowing that he has it locked away in his safe.
I just take solace in the fact the he has the ring and is waiting for the perfect moment to give it to me.
At least I know he has it, instead of waiting and hoping for the time that we would start looking....like I was last year. That was even worse, because I kept thinking "when are we going to look!"...now we''ve looked, he''s bought...and the moment is somewhere in the near future.

Hurrah!
I try to stay excited that it is very close... rather than be antsy about when..but that doesn''t work out to well. When all attempts to keep myself calm fail, I go for a walk...or have a piece of cheesecake! haha.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results